It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures from my visit to Harold Camping's Family Radio Office, 6pm on Judgement Day

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by notimportant

Ahhh it was a matter of time when the "free speech" argument will be said. I was waiting for it....

Are you kidding me? No, really?

But yeah, keep continuing about Camping and how bad he was etc etc... All just keep going on this way!! With this hatefull, angry and negative attidute this world is indeed going to end very fast !!!

He was bad; a con man touting religious nonsense to profit. Honestly, what are you trying to defend?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Poetic!

IRM

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm trying to say that a story always have 2 sides and that most people today are forgetting that. They think that that old geezer forced people to give him their money, but in fact, they dont really know what was happening behind the screens.

People just dont think anymore, the rapture did not happen and now people are getting angry because THEY were so dumb to believe him without questioning, it is just their own fault, they were not forced but chosed it to donate.

And those demonstrant in front of his office are just some irritating people trying to be funny. It is far from funny, it is cheesy, cheap and tasteless. Such actions clearly shows AGAIN that Americans are the #1 brainless morons of this world..... This whole camping story shows the world AGAIN how foolish the American people are, they believe anything, and if they dont get what they is promised, they got angry like little childeren without considering by theirselfs that it maybe could be their own fault!!!

Time to nuke the whole USA with it useless inhabitants, the world doesn't need this country full of retards any longer!

edit on 22-5-2011 by notimportant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I haven't read through all the comments here, but just a question:

People made predictions about the aftermath of Camping's con being exposed: suicides, excuses, etc. Shouldn't we hold those predictions to the fire as well? AFAIK, there have been no suicides or going crazy or claiming only Camping was raptured. What's the time limit on these predictions? [/snark]

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by i am just saying

While I agree with you that if you can find the time and courage to go out and protest this person, you should also have the time and courage to actively do something about the rest problems that plague our societies.

However Camping is not harmless, if nothing else read "lcbjr1979" thread on the results he has seen as a paramedic in MN. There have been several other TV reports about people that have give their savings away "as I won't need it after 5/21" and possible suicides because people believed in this individual.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So...is Blossom Goodchild finally off the hook then?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
Too funny. I love when people fall flat on their face.

FOR A SECOND TIME

He changed the date of the rapture 9 times actually. www.eaec.org...
edit on 22-5-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I'm trying to say that a story always have 2 sides and that most people today are forgetting that. They think that that old geezer forced people to give him their money, but in fact, they dont really know what was happening behind the screens.

People just dont think anymore, the rapture did not happen and now people are getting angry because THEY were so dumb to believe him without questioning, it is just their own fault, they were not forced but chosed it to donate.

And those demonstrant in front of his office are just some irritating people trying to be funny. It is far from funny, it is cheesy, cheap and tasteless. Such actions clearly shows AGAIN that Americans are the #1 brainless morons of this world..... This whole camping story shows the world AGAIN how foolish the American people are, they believe anything, and if they dont get what they is promised, they got angry like little childeren without considering by theirselfs that it maybe could be their own fault!!!

Time to nuke the whole USA with it useless inhabitants, the world doesn't need this country full of retards any longer!

edit on 22-5-2011 by 1Adam12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2011 by 1Adam12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Get what they want?
Your all over the map...here is the actual situation
The people outside the radio station were not nor ever were believers...they planned well before the 21st to do this...tie inflatable people to balloons and let them get raptured at 6..it was a joke, and it was to mock the radio station for letting that drivle continue
I applaud the measure
Religious buildings around the effin world get tax exempt status. You got religious morons trying to shove creationism in school to be taught alongside evolution.
This nonsense has to stop, and the more we can shine a light on the lunacy of religion, the more we mock them at their endless stream of fail, the better society will be.
The delusional will wake up and gain a bit of skepticism, and if they don't, well, their children will see what fools their parents are and move away from it...

Those people are doing far more for the mental health of the country than familyradio ever did

Well, at least your being reasonable

incidently, everyone likes to think they have a sense of humor...you..don't have a sense of humor.
and if you want to see a country full of religious retards, travel to saudi arabia, or various parts of africa (where to this day they murder people in lynch mobs for witchcraft)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Adam12

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Camping knew exactly what he was doing, he'd done it before.

Now, he'll lay low, probably counting the 17 Million dollars in tax free donations.

The term 'crazy like a fox' comes to mind.

The radio network will continue to fist pump, and another date will be read on air- this time the 'real' date.

Religion is indeed the opiate of the masses.

This is why the science minded among us tend to scream so loud- we hate to see our fellow sentient beings reduced to such lowly sheeple.

Critical thinking saves lives, people.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
In truth , the rapture did occur but we had it all wrong. Seems it was only for squirrels.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c80c5d3a27a0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
So many lols in the photos.
I wonder if anyone saw the blow up dolls in the sky and I wonder what they thought was going on.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone! It's my first thread, so I'm glad that people like it.
Another fact I learned there on sight was that Harold was giving all his workers the 21'st as a "paid day off". Seems weird for a guy that believed 100% that the 21st was the rapture date to pay him employees as if it were a paid vacation day or something.

I'm going to go ahead and ad that tadbit of info into my original thread posting also. Seems interesting enough

Edit: Never mind.. Guess I can't edit it anymore. Is there a rule that you can't edit it again after the first day? Or am I just blind and not looking in the right place?
edit on 22/5/11 by QuantumPhysicist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Maybe this is where Camping got his info.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by i am just saying

You know, I actually agree with you. Good point.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by i am just saying
I find it disgraceful that people took time out of their lives to mock an old man and his beliefs but don't have the cajones to stand up to the oppressing government that has a boot on their neck.

You don't agree with him fine, I don't either but does it give you satisfaction to kick a senile old man while he is down?

I hope you'all feel all tough and stuff.

Disgraceful.

You said it all.... my sentiments exactly, well said!!!! And just suppose that you all casting stones found yourselves standing alone? Mr. Camping truely believed and cared enough to warn all of you reguardless the possible costs to him. Too bad it didn't happen really, it would have been Sweet.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This whole farce only occured because the stupid and the gullible took that blithering idiot Camping seriously in the first place. Why was this old fools rabid nonsense given a voice in the media? Why did we see this guy on TV braying about the end of the world? why?

In a word, religion, and all it's inherent backward stupididty. Religious nuts are everywhere, even in the MSM. The nonsesnse this man was gibbering for months had no validity to normal people but to bible bashers, it's news. Even if it's bloody silly and highly unlikely. The thought of being able to smugly say 'we told you so' to all the 'non-believers' if something had happened must have given many God-botherers great big secret boners.

It's hysterical the way people are now getting annoyed at him when nothing happened, those folk are as mentally ill as he is. Did they honestly expect the end of the world and now they are angry at the guy that made them believe it?

Hahahaha. Wonder when the next 'end of the world' will be?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Get what they want?
Your all over the map...here is the actual situation
The people outside the radio station were not nor ever were believers...they planned well before the 21st to do this...tie inflatable people to balloons and let them get raptured at 6..it was a joke, and it was to mock the radio station for letting that drivle continue
I applaud the measure
Religious buildings around the effin world get tax exempt status. You got religious morons trying to shove creationism in school to be taught alongside evolution.
This nonsense has to stop, and the more we can shine a light on the lunacy of religion, the more we mock them at their endless stream of fail, the better society will be.
The delusional will wake up and gain a bit of skepticism, and if they don't, well, their children will see what fools their parents are and move away from it...

Those people are doing far more for the mental health of the country than familyradio ever did

Well, at least your being reasonable

incidently, everyone likes to think they have a sense of humor...you..don't have a sense of humor.
and if you want to see a country full of religious retards, travel to saudi arabia, or various parts of africa (where to this day they murder people in lynch mobs for witchcraft)

haha, the arrogance is splattering of my screen when I read your post, You are a Alpha-American:

"judging me by saying I'm wrong because YOU don't agree with me and saying that I have no sense of humor (I wasnt even trying to be funny, but whatever), saying Arabs and Africans are retarded (how American is that?), Saying that the world would be better if they will do your will (which is to get creatonism out of American schools)".

You have just confirmed that you are part of the biggest group of retards and idiots ever, and their name is: Americans....

Oh and I dont give a damn if that stupid cheesy, cheap retarded event of "raputering blow up dolls", knowing such things, or playing the "insider" doesn't make you cool but even more retarded than you already was....

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Good work, those pics are hilarious!

I'd actually like to thank Harold.
I had huge fun on another site doing the Rapture countdown listening to Rapture music and watching videos, cracking jokes and just generally spending time with others who felt compelled to see it all out online.
I haven't had this much fun with a prophecy or prediction ever.
It brought a lot of people together in ways that I think even Harold couldn't have predicted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join