It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures from my visit to Harold Camping's Family Radio Office, 6pm on Judgement Day

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527
Taking hope and capitalizing on them...

Isn't that what every single one of them "ministers" and their concerts of people being "healed" by shaking violently and flopping like a fish? They make millions off the gullible people and their broken hopes.

Heck, the whole world economy is based on screwing people over. Isnt that basically what "business" is? See who you can get the most amount of money out of any way possible. Ethics is a thing of the past it seems.

Its sad, but this Camping guy just did what thousands before him have done, and thousands after him will continue to do. As long as there is people with the IQ of a rock there will be people whose sole purpose is to take advantage of them.

I think that that Harold Camping really and fully believed it, that makes it so sad. I know that there are other fraudulent priests, religious leaders, healers, fortune tellers and other new age things, but this old geezer seemed different to me, like he was really REALLY convinced about it....

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by notimportant

that part puzzles me as i think he did also, but then i have to ask why would he go looking for forbidden / hidden knowledge, because he wanted to? The only answers i can think of are is he wanted to be a hero in heaven or was fearing his own mortality and truly hope we all go with him.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Sedia because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by i am just saying

He brought it on himself. And it isn't just HIM they're mocking. He had many, many followers who went all over the world spreading this nonsense.

The person I most want to kick is the loyal Camping follower who dragged her teens all over the US to promote this crap and told them they were going to be left behind for not believing.

It's all well-deserved mockery.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by electricalpup
Thank you for taking the time to take pictures, I have not laughed this hard for months. Blow up dolls ascending to heaven, this is priceless. You made my month.

"Uh Alanta center....Delta 357 heavy... We seem to have some unusual traffic at FL 3700 ...."
" Delta 357 Atlanta; Nothing on our screens: Do you wish to report a U.F.O. Sir?...."
" uhhhhhn ... No".

P.S.:

I don't feel sorry for any who comitted to this guy or any charlatans (i.e. Beardon; Hoagland;
Eicke; et al).And no I don't think they should be thrown into prison .
edit on 22-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by i am just saying
I find it disgraceful that people took time out of their lives to mock an old man and his beliefs but don't have the cajones to stand up to the oppressing government that has a boot on their neck.

You don't agree with him fine, I don't either but does it give you satisfaction to kick a senile old man while he is down?

I hope you'all feel all tough and stuff.

Disgraceful.

Thank you. This is exactly what is wrong with the world today. Too much hate, not enough love, not enough tolerance or compassion. A wise person once told me that if you don't have anything nice to say about somebody, then don't say anything at all.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I almost had a RUPTURE from laughing so hard at the people who gave millions to be raptured, LOL

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The world will end on...... "hold on please while i pull a random date out of my ass".... the 14th of July...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumPhysicist

Thanks for the pics, interesting it is what people will do, as for displaying outside his studio, its not harrassment, its free speech, and in due course freedom of religion, for the folks who were actually advertising thier own church.
The old guy has his own beliefs just like everyone else, and Im sure some christian/muslim/whatever somewhere will someday take it upon themselves to belittle my religion. Will I care- not a jot because my religion is what I believe, not what they believe. As it should be.
The only shame is that some of his congregation may have forsaken everything they have worked for because they blindly followed his belief. Its a shame, but its something they will have to deal with- people have ever let others think for them rather than thinking for themselves. If they do so, and lose it all, its thier own foolishness that caused it, not his.
Not defending him mind you-just dispensing a dose of reality.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Who is Harold Camping?..........

www.cultwatch.com...

Mr. Camping is a cult leader. His followers put their faith in his teaching, contributed vast amounts to his ministry,
and inturn were taken advantage of financially and spiritually.

When cult leaders are exposed and their motives made known; they deserve all the mockery they get because they have actually made a mockery of the Bible and Christianity by teaching false doctrine.

And the apologist for Harold Camping are buying into his BS and deserve as much respect as Mr. Camping will receive in the future. None!

Play the Cult game and expect to reap what you sew. Mockery

Flag and star for making the effort to document an event. Video and photograph everything!!
edit on 22-5-2011 by whaaa because: Wheres DD

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Lesson learned children:
If someone says they have insight into the end of the world, and then they ask for a donation......
Probably not a good indicator that they're telling the truth.

Unless there's a currency exchange at the Pearly Gates.

edit on 22-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I find it disgraceful that people took time out of their lives to mock an old man and his beliefs but don't have the cajones to stand up to the oppressing government that has a boot on their neck.

You don't agree with him fine, I don't either but does it give you satisfaction to kick a senile old man while he is down?

Disgraceful.

That man conned millions out of "naive believers"
He should be in jail for Fraud.
Especially since he did it twice.
It's like those psychic phone lines...hmmm they were prosecuted for fraud.Why is it disgraceful to harass a con artist? He needs to return all that money to the people who sold all their possessions and gave the cash to him!
edit on 22-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

edit on 22-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling again

edit on 22-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rossa
reply to post by QuantumPhysicist

Thanks for the pics, interesting it is what people will do, as for displaying outside his studio, its not harrassment, its free speech, and in due course freedom of religion, for the folks who were actually advertising thier own church.
The old guy has his own beliefs just like everyone else, and Im sure some christian/muslim/whatever somewhere will someday take it upon themselves to belittle my religion. Will I care- not a jot because my religion is what I believe, not what they believe. As it should be.
The only shame is that some of his congregation may have forsaken everything they have worked for because they blindly followed his belief. Its a shame, but its something they will have to deal with- people have ever let others think for them rather than thinking for themselves. If they do so, and lose it all, its thier own foolishness that caused it, not his.
Not defending him mind you-just dispensing a dose of reality.

Ahhh it was a matter of time when the "free speech" argument will be said. I was waiting for it....

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Disgraceful.

That man conned millions out of "naive believers"
He should be in jail for Fraud.
Especially since he did it twice.
It's like those psychic phone lines...hmmm they were prosecuted for fraud.Why is it disgraceful to harass a con artist? He needs to return all that money to the people who sold all their possessions and gave the cash to him!
edit on 22-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

edit on 22-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling again

He didnt forced that people to donate, dont forget that !! Those people had choose to donate their money to him !

So you can't really blame someone in this case.... And thats why I really think it is sad that he is being harrased by "thugguys" who just think their cool by imitating the protests of anonymous against Scientology church. It looks almost the same
edit on 22-5-2011 by notimportant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hey guys you're all wrong.
Rapture was totally on. Right around 6 pm est I felt shaking in the floor. Harold warned the people.and hell sure they were praying just hard enough to make god put rapture on hiatus. Until next rapture date gets decoded from the bible.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Disgraceful.

Pfft. That disgraceful old coot just swindled a bunch of morons out of their life savings. He is a con man. He doesn't deserve anybodies respect.

He and his ilk deserve to be hounded to assisted suicides. Now I feel all tough and stuff.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Well it was still naive people who called the Psychic Friends Network, however they were sued and brought charges against.
Your poiint is moot.
They can still bring charges and lawsuits...happened in the past...there's plenty of legal precedent for it...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Well it was still naive people who called the Psychic Friends Network, however they were sued and brought charges against.
Your poiint is moot.
They can still bring charges and lawsuits...happened in the past...there's plenty of legal precedent for it...

Still doesnt mean anything, why are you trying to blame Camping? Those people (his followers) have simply chosen to donate their money to Camping without being forced. Now they are upset because there was no rapture, maybe it is their own fault? Why are you trying to blame camping for it, are you upset to that there was no rapture, or are you just failing to see the true matter of the core??? Blaming others is really easy !

But yeah, keep continuing about Camping and how bad he was etc etc... All just keep going on this way!! With this hatefull, angry and negative attidute this world is indeed going to end very fast !!!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
love the photos! thanks for posting and taking the time!

one tiny thought, i'm NOT a religious man by any means at all, but i heard the rapture lasts 5 months.
and at the end of that time comet ellenin rolls through our neighborhood.

i thought that was interesting.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by notimportant

But yeah, keep continuing about Camping and how bad he was etc etc... All just keep going on this way!! With this hatefull, angry and negative attidute this world is indeed going to end very fast !!!

Whoa, now you are mimicking Mr Camping. What day have you set for the end of the world.
Perhaps you should set up some way for us to contribute. You might make a few bucks....

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by notimportant

Whoa, now you are mimicking Mr Camping. What day have you set for the end of the world.
Perhaps you should set up some way for us to contribute. You might make a few bucks....

Yes maybe I should do that, but I dont believe in a Christian-rapture like situation. So I've got a problem I guess.....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join