It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures from my visit to Harold Camping's Family Radio Office, 6pm on Judgement Day

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by 547000

Selling salvation is the biggest fraud the original church started back in their humble beginnings to be able to control the masses. Look at the results now, millions have been keeping churches blooming with their money.

Even when we hear more often than not charges of fraud and misuse of donations, religious figures "sining" people still follow them.

Religious organizations are for money they are corporations, or they would not be able to survive. So salvation becomes expensive after all mega churches budgets are in the millions.

My friend this is been going on for long, long time is nothing but legalized fraud and tax evasion.

But salvation itself is not necessarily a lie. There really is a horrible spiritual fire burning from which we need to be saved.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I don't know what's crazier...Camping or all the Nutcases on his door step. (You are of course excluded lol) Thanx for the pics.

Don't people have anything better to do? I can't imagine going out of my way to wag my finger at someone with "I Told You So" signs, Santas and Blow-up dolls.

While he is guilty of his misguided Fear Propaganda, these people went to a lot of effort to be in the lime light as well. Just to prove THEIR point.

Crazy World Indeed.

edit on 21-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Gotta fight fire with fire. Nothing else will work. Maybe this will make him hide his face for a few more decades.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I always say that you don't need a middle man to find salvation, to speak with God and have your sin forgotten. after all it's he there and everywhere?

The Churches are only there to get your money, scare the crap out of you and tell you that you need them no only to find god but to be saved.

When Jesus talk to his father he did it alone, it was not need of a church, money donations or a middle man (preachers), what have changed since then? money, that is what came into the picture, the more people a church have attending the more money they collect.

edit on 23-5-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It's an excellent way of making millions of $, to prey on people hopes and fears...I'm predicting a similar armegeddon for sometime in July...

Accordingly I've opened up a Paypal account which you can donate to via my website www.Iamastupidoldtwatwhohasdiddledpeopleoutoftheirmoney.co.uk/heaven

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I disagree. Jesus knew what He was doing but we grope blindly.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by notimportant

I will never understand comments like that. Why would you want every atomic weapon in the world to be detonated in the U.S. You defend an errant old man on the one hand, then say everyone should die... What's up with that?

Your comments earlier received a lot of stars because they were good comments with an element of truth.

Don't get so frustrated. ATS has become a whipping stone for Christians in particular. Nutcases like Harold Camping just make it that much worse. If the heat in the kitchen is too hot for you, then just leave the room for your own sake.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Wow Saturn FX... I see you're still out there attacking Christianity on multiple threads. Now you are accusing Christ of "dickishness"?

That's pretty low, even for you...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Just about any event that includes blow up dolls being raptured is ok in my book.

Of course if the people had been raptured they would of had some explaining to do.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I love your phrase "Misguide Fear Propaganda". Definately describes alot of the threads on ATS. I have forgiven Mr. Camping....now who's next in line for a false rapture date?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealAmericanPatriot
reply to post by notimportant

I will never understand comments like that. Why would you want every atomic weapon in the world to be detonated in the U.S. You defend an errant old man on the one hand, then say everyone should die... What's up with that?

Your comments earlier received a lot of stars because they were good comments with an element of truth.

Don't get so frustrated. ATS has become a whipping stone for Christians in particular. Nutcases like Harold Camping just make it that much worse. If the heat in the kitchen is too hot for you, then just leave the room for your own sake.

I was just a little bit annoyed, offcourse I don't want "that the US got trolled by the world with all nuclear weapons". I just think it is unneccesery to protest AFTER the "false prediction" of Harold Camping. Yes it is sad for those who believed him, but people still have a choice. And as far as I know, Camping never forced people to give money so in fact it is their own mistake. It is their mistake to blindly follow an 89 years old chap...

Instead of protesting after the event, people also could have stopped this in the beginning.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumPhysicist

the blow up dolls rock..looked as if one or two got zapped.

So 9yrs ago I telepathically received the date of January 21st 2013..I believe it to be the actual end date of the Mayan Calendar..we shall wait and see what will be..

edit on 23-5-2011 by 13Godslivinglight because: correction

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Great pics and report OP

Camping briefly went into hiding, but he did finally emerge on Sunday surprisingly enough. He was reportedly "flabbergasted" that he was wrong. I'm flabbergasted that he really thought he was right, because I read much of his book (online) regarding this date, and his date-setting attempt was full of fuzzy math, poor reasoning, horrible discernment and lousy understanding of scripture. My deduction was that he was intentionally decieving people, because surely any reasonable person with a modest comprehension of the Bible could quickly determine his efforts were 1 part scripture and 99 parts imagination. Anyway, here's the article about his post-Saturday comments and the sad impact to some of his followers who went all in:

Harold Camping opened his front door to a reporter on Sunday, May 22 --a day that the fringe radio evangelist thought he would spend in heaven. Camping told Will Kane of the San Francisco Chronicle that he was “flabbergasted” that the Rapture did not arrive as predicted and that “it has been a really tough weekend.”

It might have been even tougher on the 89-year-old’s most loyal followers, several of whom went all-in on Camping’s biblical numerology.

Retired MTA worker Robert Fitzpatrick, who spent his life savings spreading the message, said to Reuters after the promised event failed to manifest:

“I do not understand why. . .,” as his speech broke off and he looked at his watch.

“I do not understand why nothing has happened.”

The Associated Press also reported on the Camping aftermath, speaking with Keith Bauer, a Maryland tractor-trailer driver who drove his family cross-country to witness the Rapture at Family Radio’s California headquarters. “I was hoping for it because I think heaven would be a lot better than this earth,” Bauer said.

Adrienne Martinez, 27 and pregnant, gave up medical school and her family’s life savings to spread the message of May 21. Her baby is due next month.

The Family Radio station airwaves, which was often filled with the sonorous voice of Howard Camping, went quiet on May 21. It played pre-recorded church music, devotionals and life advice throughout the day. Camping says he will be back at work at the station Monday.

Family Radio also redesigned its Web site after the Rapture failed to occur. Leading up to May 21, their site led with a line from the bible that said: “blow the trumpet…warn the people,” and a guarantee that the Rapture would occur that day. After May 21, the site was redesigned to show a globe and a headline: “Sound of a New Life.”

One Family Radio follower and board member, Tom Evans, told NPR, “I don’t know where we went wrong other than that we obviously don’t understand the Scriptures in the way that we should.” Evans says he does not want Family Radio to recalculate and announce a new date for Judgment Day, and that he hopes the organization will repay people who gave money to the cause.

Another man NPR interviewed, “his voice quavering,” said he was still holding out hope that they were one day off.

Link: www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Is that chest hair on one of the blow up dolls?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

And the lesson to be learn from the whole deal? nothing, because people will still following that fraud of a man.

For every schemer out there is a sucker to be milk

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bittersylence1

You really are a vile human being.....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bittersylence1

You have spent a year and 4 identities to spout a few vile posts that get deleted after 15 minutes. You my friend are a hero.

There was a study a while back that linked sever racism to mental illness. Looking back on your year of bitterness..... did you imagine it better in your trailer?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
these guys are nuts....nothin happiend........sure..they will give us another year now soon...2012

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumPhysicist

amazing

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join