It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures from my visit to Harold Camping's Family Radio Office, 6pm on Judgement Day

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Fixed
Note it's important that I added how I learned there that harold paid all of his employees for taking the day off on the 21st, as a paid vacation day.
Doesn't make sense huh

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumPhysicist

Actually it makes perfect sense - why would you insist on having them at work if you truly believe the world was going to end & y'all goin' to heaven in the rapture??

The faithful would certainly want to be with their families.

And if they're getting paid in arrears then it won't actually cost anything (...'cos the world's going to end, etc)

so IMO it's consistent with believing his own predeiction.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Of course they would want to be with their family on that day. I'm not saying that they should have been working. I'm saying why would they need to get paid on rapture day? Harold insisted that personal belongings, money, etc., didn't matter after the 21st. So his followers wouldn't be worried about getting paid or not for their day off. So I wonder why he went ahead and had it a "paid" day anyways, regardless of his other beliefs of that day

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Jesus tells us what it will be like just before He returns.

1. Israel will be a naton again

and again, and again, and again...

2. There will be world wars and rumors of wars

the world war is over, the allies won.
Calling the current conflicts of today world wars is like calling a mouse a lion.

3. There will be earthquakes everywhere

As usual...been like that since the beginning of earth, will continue to have -daily- earthquakes until the last star falls from the sky (ya, stars don't fall, I just like that expression though)

4. There will be waves from the oceans that will cause some to die from the fear of seeing it (Tsunamis)

The ocean has always had waves...and tsunamis.

5. There will be a dramatic increase in volcanic activity (blood, fire, and smoke from under the Earth)

ok, and so nothing overly unusual going on today. I would have suggested about 70AD for such a time (vesuvius)
Volcanos have also been going on since the dawn of earth.

6. Homosexuality will increase

Jesus said the homo's are going to increase? care to source that

7. Lawlessness will increase

Well, then we know that its not going to happen anytime soon, considering worldwide law has been sharply increasing with the passing years (omg, nwo). Yes, there are still lawless areas, especially around 3rd world nations...as always, but as time passes, more and more rule comes over the lands.

8. People will lose their compassion and love for other people

And this is another sign of how far away such prophecys are from today...now, a case could have been made in pre-industrial society, where anyone outside the immediate household was considered useless...and mothers had 30 children so most could either breed or go die in some war somewhere...but now we are a world of softies for the most part, caring and sharing and whatnot.
You think feudal england would have given a rats arse about starving africans, or a earthquake in haiti? newp...now we have giant movements to send aid and comfort to any nation or state getting even a bad storm.

So much for that idea.

9. Jerusalem (Israel) will be surrounded by enemies of all nations. ( This could happen as of September by the UN "all nations" when Israel refused to give up it's lad to Palestine.)

Since when is Jerusalem Israel? seems its 2 states there, palestine and israel..but a more approprate timestamp for that was what...1k+ years ago when israel did own jerusalem and was surrounded by enemies of all nations...now, not so much (sure, they have bad borders with their arab and persian neighbors, but considering the history, its actually -not- as bad as it was in history)

10. The Gospel will be preached in every nation as a witness.

Crusades were many many hundreds of years ago...that went great :\

11. The Earth will experience a catastrophic worldwide earthquake. The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not be visable. Meteors will rain down upon the Earth. ( This could be the result of an asteroid impact - do the research.)

Happens regularly...you mentioned this already btw, #3 is all about the earthquakes. as far as meteors, meh, that happens all the time. As far as burning the sky, well, sure...a big meteor could do that, or some sort of epic volcano chain reaction...hell, a all out 80s style nuclear war could do that effectively also...
Yellowstone could possibly black out the sky worldwide
Now that is concerning, and very real...no need for rapture or deitys..thats nature...and yes, we are about 40k years overdue for it to erupt...
Yellowstone isn't the only supervolcano mind you, but it is the most concerning.

12. A great light will appear from the sky, the Christians will be taken from the Earth.

So, UFOs will abduct all the christians? can we speed this along somehow? perhaps you lot can meet em halfway and we can just pack you in some space shuttles to shoot you off towards the sun or some such...surely they will pick you up

13. The Earth will experience the judgment of Almighty God.

Actually, if a deity did all the yellowstone blowing up and whatnot, I think he won't be judging us soo much as us judging him to be a complete ass.

Have your laughs now. But Jesus is still coming back to reclaim the Earth.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c9b4fe25c270.jpg[/atsimg]

Seriously, why would you pray to someone whom has that level of dickishness associated with him anyhow. Talk about stockholm syndrome

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Okay you guys I know that some of you might be skeptical, but I have insight into the real day of rapture. All I need is a nominal donation of $150.00 from each of you and I will u2u you the correct date.

Edit to let you know that this was a joke just in case some of you were naive.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Conclusion1 because: Naivety Clause.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Serves that guy right. I hope someone sues the crap out of him.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Whether or not Mr. Camping was "sincere" and/or "senile", scores of people followed him blindly. Gave away all of their worldly possessions, spent all their money, believed with all of their hearts and souls that they were going to be joining their god in their heaven for eternity. Yeah, bad on them for being so blindly trusting, maybe even naive - but on the other hand, maybe Mr. Camping should have learned something in 1994 when, once again, Rapture did not happen, and the world went on existing. Did he miss the part of the bible where it says something about No Man Shall Know the Hour or some such jive?

Hopefully he has finally realized that he is no prophet, and should probably just take all that donated money he got from his faithful followers and retire to his own private heaven. Out of the public eye and ear.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
For all you saying they're kicking an old man while hes down...
This guy is worth millions now, thanks to all those donations that he scammed out of thousands of people.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by notimportant

Harassment of Camping is a noble gesture actually...not for his stupidity but for the manipulation of his loyal followers who probably already had issues and were already living on the edge. He gave them hope and a way out with only a made up BS promise from his god...and that should be a criminal act. Yes, people can choose to believe in what they want but the fact that this cat was able to convince so many to give up everything speaks to the mental health of those giving it up...and especially to our good buddy Harold's ability to capitalize on it. If that is not a crime (even if for just the waste of everyones time), I don't know what is.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I believe harold honestly thought that the world was going to be over..

If you felt that you had inside knowledge of a coming global pandemic, and you were just sooo sure of it, wouldn't it be the right thing to do, to go warn everyone? In a way, I (for lack of a better word) admire him. It takes courage to stand up to the world like that. He must have believed it himself with all his heart. If the rapture really did occur, I would think of him in a more "heroic" light and would thank him for taking time out of his day to show that he cares enough about the people in this world to warn them ahead of time. But since it didn't, I still think of him as just as courageous. I honestly don't think an 89 year old man cares about money enough to put himself through everything he did. My great grandfather was 91 and could care less about money and materialistic things. Not saying that all old people are the same, but I'm sure the majority of them have "lived their life" and wouldn't put themselves into a position like harold did, unless they truly believe in something. He did what he did because he truly believed it and he wanted to do the right thing.

On a side note, I plan to go there again on monday to see if he's there and to see if he'll chat with me. I want to see his personality in real life
edit on 23/5/11 by QuantumPhysicist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumPhysicist
It's also important to note that while there, I learned that Harold paid all of his employess for taking off the 21st. Basically a "paid vacation" day for them. Why would he pay them for a day that he was so sure that they'd be all going to heaven? hmm..

You know the thought crossed my mind more than once that Harold (and perhaps his 'inner circle') might have known from the very beginning that there was going to be no Rapture and that this was all just a big scam.....why, though? Who knows.....Perhaps it was just a way to make a lot of money really quickly so he could retire. He was in his 80's I think.....I doubt he'd want to be doing this crap much longer....and drumming up a bunch of buisness with a lot of 'end of the world' nonsense probably made him a fortune in a small amount of time. I'm sure that quite a few brain dead followers gave him their life's savings just so that he could get the word out and save as many souls as possible.....which reminds me....

THE END OF THE WORLD IS UPON US!!!! I'm not kidding!!! God TOLD ME!!!! It's coming next Tuesday!! So send me all your money, and I'll use it to make sure that the word gets out and that the world knows...that you'll help save as many souls as possible! You''ll be a HERO!!! Also God told me to tell you that you need to let me have sex with your wife and daughter(s)...Preferably at the same time. Assuming of course that you're daughters are of age, and that both your daughters and your wife are....to use God's words "really hot"....Oh and God said "no Fatties". Though he's ok with a little bit of thickness....and red heads are a plus! Don't question God's plan...he don't like that.
edit on 23-5-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Made a couple of edits.....does that answer your question?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I am surprised they didn't sell t-shirts with the text: "I survived the rapture and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

So sick of people trying to brainwash each other in the name of god, good to see that I'm not the only one.

Hope he loses a lot of followers over this.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

There really are T-shirts available... I posted it in other thread - www.abovetopsecret.com...
They also say that rapture really DID HAPPEN

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by Goradd

Not everyone will ascend into Valhalla to fight in Ragnarök by day and to feast, drink make love to the Valkyries by night. Some will remain on earth to face their only death when the Great Wolf, Fenris, opens his gaping maw and swallows the sun.

What's the difference between your statement and mine?

none, actually. it's the same story (except for the valkyries -- doing the wild thang is a function of animal flesh, but we are not animals, only our bodies are (that includes you)).

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Actually what Harold did to his followers, is what religion and religious organizations has been doing for hundreds of years, bleed their flock with false sense of hope but when Harold did it that is a fraud, when the Church does it is all OK and legal because Churches are protected by the law.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Actually what Harold did to his followers, is what religion and religious organizations has been doing for hundreds of years, bleed their flock with false sense of hope but when Harold did it that is a fraud, when the Church does it is all OK and legal because Churches are protected by the law.

That's you assuming the hope is false.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Human beings are clearly monkeys, our dna is like 96% chimpanzee.

If you had a sandwich, with 96% crap, and 4% ham, would you be willing to call that a ham sandwich?

That does not say in any way that there is no god, but maybe god made a monkey that does not like to think hes a monkey and lies a lot.

Just like the billboard guy, he lied to so many other monkeys he got them to give him money without any work at all. Just like all the preachers on this planet.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Selling salvation is the biggest fraud the original church started back in their humble beginnings to be able to control the masses. Look at the results now, millions have been keeping churches blooming with their money.

Even when we hear more often than not charges of fraud and misuse of donations, religious figures "sining" people still follow them.

Religious organizations are for money they are corporations, or they would not be able to survive. So salvation becomes expensive after all mega churches budgets are in the millions.

My friend this is been going on for long, long time is nothing but legalized fraud and tax evasion.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by i am just saying
I find it disgraceful that people took time out of their lives to mock an old man and his beliefs but don't have the cajones to stand up to the oppressing government that has a boot on their neck.

You don't agree with him fine, I don't either but does it give you satisfaction to kick a senile old man while he is down?

I hope you'all feel all tough and stuff.

Disgraceful.

Let's be clear here...this 'senile old man' convinced people to poor their life savings into advertisements promoting his message about the end times.....and if you don't believe that watch this clip www.youtube.com...
I'll protest against a guy who has done that to other people any day....and I don't care HOW old he is!!!!

PS sorry for the language used in the title of that clip....I chose it because of the interview of the guy who gave up much of his life's savings promoting this 'May 21st' nonsense...I couldn't help what the guy who posted it, decided to title the video.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
HAHAHA *THIS IS A SIGN* on a sign..Brilliant!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join