Originally posted by Fromabove
Jesus tells us what it will be like just before He returns.
1. Israel will be a naton again
and again, and again, and again...
2. There will be world wars and rumors of wars
the world war is over, the allies won.
Calling the current conflicts of today world wars is like calling a mouse a lion.
3. There will be earthquakes everywhere
As usual...been like that since the beginning of earth, will continue to have -daily- earthquakes until the last star falls from the sky (ya, stars
don't fall, I just like that expression though)
4. There will be waves from the oceans that will cause some to die from the fear of seeing it (Tsunamis)
The ocean has always had waves...and tsunamis.
5. There will be a dramatic increase in volcanic activity (blood, fire, and smoke from under the Earth)
ok, and so nothing overly unusual going on today. I would have suggested about 70AD for such a time (vesuvius)
Volcanos have also been going on since the dawn of earth.
6. Homosexuality will increase
Jesus said the homo's are going to increase? care to source that
7. Lawlessness will increase
Well, then we know that its not going to happen anytime soon, considering worldwide law has been sharply increasing with the passing years (omg, nwo).
Yes, there are still lawless areas, especially around 3rd world nations...as always, but as time passes, more and more rule comes over the lands.
8. People will lose their compassion and love for other people
And this is another sign of how far away such prophecys are from today...now, a case could have been made in pre-industrial society, where anyone
outside the immediate household was considered useless...and mothers had 30 children so most could either breed or go die in some war somewhere...but
now we are a world of softies for the most part, caring and sharing and whatnot.
You think feudal england would have given a rats arse about starving africans, or a earthquake in haiti? newp...now we have giant movements to send
aid and comfort to any nation or state getting even a bad storm.
So much for that idea.
9. Jerusalem (Israel) will be surrounded by enemies of all nations. ( This could happen as of September by the UN "all nations" when Israel refused
to give up it's lad to Palestine.)
Since when is Jerusalem Israel? seems its 2 states there, palestine and israel..but a more approprate timestamp for that was what...1k+ years ago
when israel did own jerusalem and was surrounded by enemies of all nations...now, not so much (sure, they have bad borders with their arab and persian
neighbors, but considering the history, its actually -not- as bad as it was in history)
10. The Gospel will be preached in every nation as a witness.
Crusades were many many hundreds of years ago...that went great :\
11. The Earth will experience a catastrophic worldwide earthquake. The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not be visable. Meteors will rain down
upon the Earth. ( This could be the result of an asteroid impact - do the research.)
Happens regularly...you mentioned this already btw, #3 is all about the earthquakes. as far as meteors, meh, that happens all the time. As far as
burning the sky, well, sure...a big meteor could do that, or some sort of epic volcano chain reaction...hell, a all out 80s style nuclear war could do
that effectively also...
Yellowstone could possibly black out the sky worldwide
Now that is concerning, and very real...no need for rapture or deitys..thats nature...and yes, we are about 40k years overdue for it to erupt...
Yellowstone isn't the only supervolcano mind you, but it is the most concerning.
12. A great light will appear from the sky, the Christians will be taken from the Earth.
So, UFOs will abduct all the christians? can we speed this along somehow? perhaps you lot can meet em halfway and we can just pack you in some space
shuttles to shoot you off towards the sun or some such...surely they will pick you up
13. The Earth will experience the judgment of Almighty God.
Actually, if a deity did all the yellowstone blowing up and whatnot, I think he won't be judging us soo much as us judging him to be a complete
Have your laughs now. But Jesus is still coming back to reclaim the Earth.
Seriously, why would you pray to someone whom has that level of dickishness associated with him anyhow. Talk about stockholm syndrome