It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Alien Theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I figured I post my beliefs on aliens and UFOs so people know where I stand in this most interesting of topics.

I do believe there are trillions of planets in an infinite universe that contain intelligent life, many more advanced than our own.

I also believe aliens have visited us in the past, continue to do so now. Why are they doing it?

For starts, let me clarify a few things. I do not believe in david Ickes shapeshifting devil worshiping reptilians. I also disbelieve people who claim to channel aliens who give them prophecies, or come with a higher purpose opr message. i dont believe people who claim they ahve been abducted because the aliens have a master plan for them.

What do I believe? I believe the aliens are observing us for scientific reasons. I believe thier race is probably a very highly evolved one, who are going thought the Galaxy, maybe the Universe, in technology incomprehensible to our current minds. They are studying and catlouging life on other planets. They are watching, taking notes how it evolves, how it survives. They come to our planet and see a sentient speicies capable of using tools and building civilizations. The aliens are curious. They want to watch us as we grow, to see what they can learn about how life, inteleligent life, on this planet, evolves in its own unique way.

Why have they not made offical contact? becauser to them we are lesser lifeforms, on a lower wavelength. Much the same way we view chimps and lab rats. We are hardly worth the effort to contact and communicate with. We arent at that level yet. perhaps they wish to observe from afar to see what we do. Will we destroy ourselves? Will we evolve into more civil and logical beings? Will our tech advance while our mentalities stay violent, becoming a threat as we enter space? these are questions these aliens, who I think are scientitsts, wish to answer through observation.

They want to see what we do on our own, and dont really want to interefere. I also believe SOME abductions. The aliens wish to learn about our physiology, what makes us tick, how we live, reproduce, think, ect. To them, they see nothing wrong with it, after all, we have no qualms about sticking needles, electrodes, and torturous drugs into chimps. The aliens perhaps are learning how we feel pain, ect.

I dont believe they are cominbg to take over the world. I dont think they are comming to save us. Just study. perhaps thier lifespans are much longer than ours, and they are content to wait for millinuem to watch us grow, die, or retreat into the dark ages. Maybe when we reach a level of evolution that they feel is the right one, they might make contact. But I doubt it will happen any time soon.

besides, given the violent history of the human race, if you were studying a planet and saw a bunch of govornments making tech wonders to kill each other, and people blwoing each other up over primitve gods, would YOU pop in to thier leaders and say, whats up, we come in peace? Hell NO!

Perhaps another reason they havent made offical contact. They see our violent natures and decide to wait until we either get over it, or kill ourselves.

Thats where I stand on this issue. i believe the US govornment has crashed alien craft, I believe they know all about them, I do believe something otherworldly and alien crashed at Roswell, and the govornment still covers it up to this day. i do not believe the govornment is working weith the ETs to create a New World order, i believe humans are trying to create the one world totalitarian nightmare on thier own without otherworldly help.

I am also a very clear believer. I am ready to call hoaxes when I see them, or msitaken identities. Many UFO sightings are anomolies, US govornment secret craft, ect, but NOT all.

there are some I truly believe are UFO sightings. I throw away the hoaxes and mistaken id, and concentrate on those truly phenominal.

Thast where I stand. Anyone else?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

For starts, let me clarify a few things. I do not believe in david Ickes shapeshifting devil worshiping reptilians.

Why would any of what you believe be any truer that the reptilian stories? Neither have any foundation in facts or evidence. This doesn't seem based on logic or evidence, but simply what you WANT to believe just like some people preffer a sense of battle and fright in the reptilian stories. Sounds like religion to me. Faith in one story over another with no evidence for either.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Thats where I stand on this issue. i believe the US govornment has crashed alien craft, I believe they know all about them, I do believe something otherworldly and alien crashed at Roswell, and the govornment still covers it up to this day.

The problems I have in believing the Roswell incident are numerous, but the main ones are: if the craft was made of indestructable materials....why was it lying in a field in a million pieces? In the absence of any solid evidence or ET's confession.....why is it automatically assumed to be Aliens? Life forms from another Planet aren't all that mind boggling of a concept....could it be (if there is anything to the legend) that the truth is much stranger and frightning than the ETH? If something is seen in the sky or crashing near an airbase or military installation, is it sort of possible that it might just have something to do with said airbase or installation?...as crazy as that may sound (sarc). Is it just possible that the military wants you to believe in the aliens from Roswell? The idea that even the Aliens couldn't f%*k with Uncle Sam must be worth a few w.a.n.k points for Uncle Sam. And lastly.....Why didn't ET come and retrieve its property and make everybody forget that anything even happened? Thats the main loophole that I see. One moment they are all powerful and trickster-rish, and then the next moment they are outwitted by the chimps cousins.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by Zero Point]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The fact that david ickes whole story is so full of holes it makes swiss cheese look like cheddar. I have read his crap. he throws in some facts there to make it plausible. Then mixes it with Bogusness.

I am yet to see one shred of proof declaring his reptiles are taking over the friggin world. Hsape shifting reptiles? Some human would notice, i think.

the fact that it also does not follow any logic, no matter how skewed, is another reason. Hes another charlatean trying to make money off a serious phenomina, and people like him screw up the whole study of UFOs and Aliens for the rest of us. We automatically get labeled in the same branch of kook and fraud that he is.

I have seen very convincing proof of alien life, I have seen UFOs, but not actual aliens, in my life. I am yet to see anyone shapeshift in front of me, like so many others claim.

Bush, as vile as he is, is not a reptile, he is not intelligent enough to be associated with any speices capable of translight travel.

My theories are based on my own opbservations, study of the UFO phenomina, my own experiences, and not the bogus unsubstatiated claims by some former soccer player who is making a mint of this ridiculous theories.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well, we all have to believe in something. I think it was stated that Skadi_the_Evil_Elf just said that they do not believe that theory. Skadi_the_Evil_Elf is not go beyond that, so other than that, they were just giving their opinions, not saying that Icke was full of cap or anything like that.

Anyway.. back tot he subject...

Well, if the universe if infinite as you think, then there would be infinite galaxies, infinite suns, infinite planets, and infinite intelligent life.

I agree with you on this as well.

Now, I do believe that there are beings at all levels of evolution. The ones that are observing us are of course highly advanced and beyond our technology as we know it. I am sure that out of the 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the known universe, there would be some intelligent life out there.

Do I think they visit?... yes. No proof, other than blind faith.

But, none the less, I do believe it.

Now, why would they not contact us? Well, that can be summed up very easily. Put yourself in their shoes. Now, there is a galactic community with the most sophisticated technology that is not even conceivable to us now. Well, they could fly down here and welcome us into the community and share everything with us. Now, let`s look at our history as well as our current situation. What are the main things that stand out in most of our history classes? Wars... yes, they are probably the most taught. Look at our best technology in the world... What are they used for? War...

We are the size of a grain of sand in the cosmos and we cannot even get along. If we were brought into the galactic community, do you think that we can think as one planet? There would be no way with thousands or more worlds in this community that we could make deals as countries. First, we would have to be able to get along and to decide who and how to lead us as a planet. This will not happen anytime soon if you look at the current situation.

Looking at the Earth now, would you trust us to be peaceful in the galactic community. Would you think that we would be dangerous with the new technology and just find new and improved ways to fight?

We have athletes and actors in this world that make millions of dollars. People idolize them. What do they do for this world? They make it more entertaining..... We have elementary, middle, and high-school teachers as well as many scientists that do not make millions. Many scientists have to beg the government for grants to try and make the world a better place to live. hmmmm... Think about where the world would be if the scientists, teachers, and others that would actually use the money to advance made the millions and the athletes barely made it by. We would probably be very much advanced and maybe closer to being a viable society within the galactic community.
If you were an alien and saw this social infrastructure do you think we could contribute? Are our priorities right in this thinking and could we contribute to the peaceful development of the galactic community?

I feel that if aliens are watching us, they will not reveal themselves anytime soon. We are too violent and unpredictable as a society. Our main priorities in this world are entertainment and war. Of course it goes deeper than that, but from an outside observer, this is what they will see.

Right now in out development as a society, we need to first learn to get along and work as one before any intelligent life would want to bring us into the fold.

Just my thoughts on why we have not been contacted if we are being observed.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yeah I don't buy Icke either....and that seems to be exactly his motivation...to sell product. I did see him speaking at a sympossium once....and to give him his dues, he's a good speaker, he's got the gift of the gab alright. Although that was a bit b4 his repitiles book hit the shelves. As 4 UFO's...who knows eh?...I'm sure there is something to it, but I'm not convinced that they are nuts and bolts machines....however advanced those nuts and bolts alledgedly may be.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
My 2 cents,
there are way too many questions left open in regards to roswell (as other crashes) to just ignore. too many eye witnesses. lack of hard evidence in regards to roswell has been beaten to death and has been explained in detail what lengths the military went to gather every shred of evidence so that it could not be released to the public (more importantly to the russians as the mindset of that time would have dictated).
the really baaad explainations and reversals that the goverment have made over the years lends even more credence that they (the goverment) is hiding something that to this day they do not wish to be publicly known.
as to the statement that the material was indestrucible, i believe is actually a misnomer, it has been used to describe the aluminum foil like substance that the sherrif "found" at the site. he used that term when describing it as they could not burn it with a lighter, could not tear it, could not cut it (with household scissors) and when it was crumpled, it would resume it's normal shape fairly quickly (as in the sheriff's words) " like a flower opening up".
Yes there could very well have been an accident that would have cused the accident, consider as many ufo believers have that there was an above ground nuclear test occuring shortly before the "crash" out in the pacific.
the thought here is that the ufo (at least one) either was hit by the explosion or was disabled and came down uncontrollably.
Although i do believe that there is life "out there" and yes, there are reports through out our history (note the bible, the sumarian texts (yes i know they are carvings), as well as the carvings in both egypt and south america. add to all this there is folklore legends in nearly (to may knowledge every) in every culture both past and present that has some form of belief in beings from out there. I am not so sure that they actually do come here (to many "scientific resons why it is implausible" i do believe that we have been visited maybe as some believe by extr-demsional beings or even (yes i am ducking) timetravelers.
I would love to come across irrefuble proof either way to prove or disprove all theses but until the goverment owns up to misdirections and gives us the public (and even to many of the goverment, not the senator from nm who has repeatedly tried to get the documents) we will never know for sure. the only other way is if the ET's actually made a big splash and made it immpossible (don't ask me how) to debunk.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Like i said before, these are my views.

I simply stated why I think david Icke and Bill Meier are frauds. if you wanna believe em, feel free, thats your biz, not mine. I however, need alot mroe than they have given to buy any of thier crap. To each thier own.

Everyone has thier views and beliefs on this controversial subject. More power to you. I just thouight Id clarify my viewsn since Im doing my own UFO research project and plan to create some posts on here regarding incidents and such that have occured. Im simply laying it out so people know where Im comming from and my opinions, so to better understand the points I am trying to make.

My belief in Ufos is more than just faith, I have seen and experienced things on my own. i have also had my fair share with the military machine and the BS around it, that experience helps.

I seek really credible, interesting incidents of UFOs and alien activities, and am awate enough to also be just as alert for hoaxes, and misidentification.

Thats what Im explaining. id like to see more serious UFO discussion on here devoid of questionable figures and dogmas that get promoted by several frauds out there.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I simply stated why I think david Icke and Bill Meier are frauds. if you wanna believe em, feel free, thats your biz, not mine.

geez louise...who ya burning there?
Whilst anything is possible...so is the possibility that ET and it's fabulous flying machines have never visited Roswell or any other military towns.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zero Point

The problems I have in believing the Roswell incident are numerous, but the main ones are: if the craft was made of indestructable materials....why was it lying in a field in a million pieces?

No one ever claimed it was indestructable. There are claims that they could not cut it with a knife or burn it with a lighter. Also they stated if you crumbled it up in your hand it would return to its orginal shape. Now I cant cut a piece of steel with a knife or can I burn it with a lighter does that make it indestructable? It does make it a durable substance but far from indestructable.

Another point of intrest on this topic is the creation of new memory metals and shape changing materials. This are turning out to be very real. But the people that made these claims many years ago had no way of knowing stuff like that was indeed possible.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

No one ever claimed it was indestructable.
That seems to be how this game works innit? Everybody keeps moving the goalposts around to suit self. But I guess thats easy when there are a mulitude of 'how it went down' scenarios, and an even g8er multitude of 'eye witness testimonies" regarding the strange bits of mogul..oops..flying saucer lying around on the ground. Then again there's even more dis-agreement with how many went down, where it went down, when it went down, how many were aboard. It wouldn't burn, rip and supposedly it was bullet proof...but hey...who said it was indestructable?.....depends on who's spinning their preferred version of the tale eh?
It don't take memory retention metals to get the spring back to shape effect going on. And it don't take Alien Bob to invent memory retention metal.

Now I cant cut a piece of steel with a knife or can I burn it with a lighter does that make it indestructable?

You could if it was as thin as claimed.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I wasnt talking about memory retention metals like Nithinol wire. But more along the lines of "smart" materials. I should have said that instead of memory metals. But this is the stuff I was talking about.

www.dfrc.nasa.gov... tions/AAW/stories/121703/aawMorph.html

Planes that will morph in mid flight and change their shape to fit there need.researchers now are developing and testing technologies designed to result in efficient, adaptable air vehicles. Research is focused on development of "smart" materials capable of responding to flight control commands and on adaptive structures that will allow parts to flex and change in flight.

As for the Indesructable thing I was just trying to make a point that even if a material that could withstand cutting,burning, even a bullet does not mean it would be Indestructable.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

As for the Indesructable thing I was just trying to make a point that even if a material that could withstand cutting,burning, even a bullet does not mean it would be Indestructable.

yeah point taken.... I just wonder what people are more interested in. Finding out the truth, even if that truth is not what they think it is....or arguing and winning arguments. All I'm looking for is information that is not the same old re-gurgitated fiction/fact/fiction that has being doing the rounds for the last 40 or 50 years, without getting us anywhere nearer any definitive answers. Thats why I'm not so sure about the ETH, it's like running on the spot, never getting anywhere except into more speculation and paranoia.
Oh nice link with the morphing x-planes technology btw...I still think it's human technology though. My rule of thumb is that if they tell ya they have got it, then it means it's already outdated.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I agree with you Skadi, people like Icke who think aliens have taken over the world and are running things are....well...wrong. I don't beleive the aliens are actively working with human governments.

First of all, I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that they are (gov't seems as confused about the presence as the public). Secondly, why would they? It would be like us working with a group of chimps.

I do believe that world governments are coverning up the existence of UFOs though. So they must know a bit more that we do.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Everyone has made some good points, All I can say is that I want to believe, but my gut says no one has come a'courtin'- spacewise. I have no doubts of the existence of intelligent life, odds are stupid small that there isn't any such life. The Drake equation boils the whole galaxy down to a decent chunk of planets with earth-like qualities. After reading and watching alot concerning this formula I came to the conclusion that maybe life like us has been seen before and as such we don't stand out enough for immediate attention. Evens aliens must have some kinda of concept of budget and economy. Interstellar flight has got to be a huge undertaking if not treacherous, even to an advanced culture. I don't believe we earthlings really have anything an alien would desire. Yeah, sure, "watch a developing planet grow up or crash and burn-live!" I still think it hasn't happened yet. I'd love for it to have happened and I hope I live long enough to see it.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Aliens,ghosts,religion,etc,etc are all opiets of the mass's.
If you want to beleive in them you will plain and simple, facts or no facts. I for one can not believe that in this huge universe that we are alone. I don't understand why people are so arrogant in the view that we are it? You go up into the moutains and you see a vast abundance and array of variouse life from a worm in the dirt to the bird flying in the air. They say a picture says a thousand words, to me that confirms the facts that life is out there in one shape or another. It may be something we wouldnt recongize or something that is very similar to what we see on a daily basis. Its simply a matter of time.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
You are right Flinx. I do think that many govornments know the existance of UFOs, more than they will tell us, but have really damaged themselves with the secrecy. Mainly, this has been the superpowers. Some countries ahve been a bit more open about it than the mighty USA or former USSR. Brazil comes to mind. Mexico also has been more open than we have.

Also, one problem with scientists, is they keep looking for earth like conditions. Who is to say that our planets system is the only one capable of creating life? Its possible for life to form in numerous ways and environments. Why cant ET life, say, live on a cold planet and breathe methane or hydrogen? Its all possible. Maybe not in our solar system as we know it so far, but scientific knowldge we posses s like .000000000000000000001 percent of all the poissible knowldge out there. Our science, while advanced by our standards, is terribly primitive and inefficent when one looks at the big picture.

As I said before, the aliens dont come to visit because they want something we have. We study chimps, yet they have little we really want. We simply have curiosity, and feel the need to study "lesser" life forms. So do they, in my opinion.

Someday, if we make it into space, we will probably do the same: find inhabited planets with sentient life, and study them from afar. We simply havent advanced to that point technologically.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Very Star Trek of you there Skadi...

I happen to concur with most of your theory, except for one thing.

I believe there HAS been contact with some in our government, and that there is some type of an agreement to preserve the secret of their existance. As to what that agreement is? The evidence isn't clear one way or the other, but in my mind, there is enough to warrant than some kind of agreement does exist, and that some in the government know this, and continue to hide this.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yeah, VERY Star Trek of me. Im a big fan of the show. Even though it is cheesy science fiction, it also tends to produce some very interesting, fascinating conclusions and ideas.

You could be right about aliens having cintacted various govornments and agenices, too. I tend to form a theory about the rapid, insane increase in technological advancement over the past few years, which has never happened before. This sudden burth of all this tech just popping out of seemingly no where......pretty interesting.

Makes you wonder about Eisenhowers supposed agreement with the aliens: technology in exchange for the permission to collect humans and test them.

Truth is stranger than fiction, Ive found out.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I only used the earth-like scenario to illustrate the vast numbers of planets that probably exist that are similiar to us, and therefore are the easiest for us to recognize life. I think it logical to start there. I agree that there will be lifeforms existing in environments that are hostile to life as we know. I tend to think that earth is kinda of out of the way, galactic-wise. Yes, we study chimps, but we don't have treaties or trade agreements with them. I do agree that the possibilty that we are under study is feasible, but considering the amount of planets that can harbor life is likely huge, I feel it more unlikely that aliens have embarked on any long term study of this little speck of a planet. Remember, our radio and tv transmissions have only spread out from our world to a radius of 50-60 lightyears from us. Not that far at all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join