It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ELEnin Dwarf Star Warning September 26, 2011 - Make Viral!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
How can people be sure that it's a comet, other than the fact that NASA said it's a comet?

And that guy's name is Yelenin, not Elenin. Elenin is a woman's name. I don't know how popular that surname is, but it would be odd that he would have that as his last name.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

NASA were not the ones to say it was a comet, but seeing as it is a comet then they can report the fact that it is.
Why do people always hear NASA when anything is space related? Whether you trust them or not it has little to do with them.

And what?
Leonid is his name, A surname such as Elenin/Yelenin is of no consequence at all, who cares if it's a male or female name. Who cares at all.
edit on 22-5-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Great mass is not indicative of quakes; electrical equalization is indicative of quakes. There's a difference.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I haven't heard anyone on here mention Comet Honda which has a chance of actually hitting Elenin, maybe this would cause some debris to come toward Earth and do some damage ?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

That's a good point. Why should we take the JPL's data at its value and not NASA's words? Well, if you noticed, the JPL showed that the closest "the comet" comes to the Earth is 23,000,000 km. In other words, the reason they're not afraid to show it(or leave the program as is) is because they know most people will look at that distance as being safe.

However, they could not have predicted(or even saw it themselves) that someone would find that Elenin and other heavenly bodies alignments cause earthquakes, therefore we can pretty much assume that they did not mess with the JPL program.

No guarantee that they won't mess with it, now that "the information are out" though. Although, if they did try that, we would still have all the data already.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yfactor1980
All this Elenin stuff is getting ridiculous. This comet is going to have absolutely no bearing on Earth. I do not know why, or how all of this started, but seriously people....Get you facts straight and stop fear mongering. If there is a comet people should be worrying about it is 2009 BD, which will be at its closes approach on June 2nd. This comet is predicted to be TWICE the size as Elenin, and will actually fly between the Earth and the Moon at around .90 LD (Lunar distance). And yet, it will still be around 216,000 miles away. What people should be worrying about is the possibility of this comet colliding with our moon. Elenin poses absolutely no threat to Earth.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Yfactor1980 because: (no reason given)

Agreed! Elenin passes no where near us. There are many more comets and asteroids that pass much closer and pose much more of a potential threat than Elenin.....Honda, YU55 and 2009 BD. The latter will stalk the earth at a close distance beginning next week.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Yes, it does matter if it's a male or female surname. His surname comes from his father, therefore, it is unlikely that his last name is really Elenin.

And if you don't know the difference between Elenin and Yelenin, then you really should do more research.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
NIce thread. Maybe Camping's rapture bull will be resurrected at September 26th 2011 or so. Maybe his or others' intention was to make a viral fuss over nothing, just so that we DO all say, Ah, Yes, But, at this date before it comes (to pass).
This date with some science, rationale, and evidence behind it. Not some 'rapture' the Bible never_ even mentions.

That kind of behaviour could be typical chaos management for a forseen public emergency, if such a concept even exists.
Similar to the Fukushima 'worst case' emergency plan _ It did NOT exist.

The bigger the lie, the more people beleive it.

"We made 21st May up, to put people off the truth. Now, see if anyone at all beleives YOU and YOUR future date. =)"

"Have a nice day"

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spolvil
reply to post by Norry

I think you might be one of those people zarp3333 is on about...

how rude

edit on 22/5/2011 by spolvil because: (no reason given)

You are totally wrong in your assumption of me, and because of that, I think you might be one of those people who doesn't think for themselves and gets caried away with emotive words and heresay .

As for the "so rude" bit, you obviously didn't read what I was quoting.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

So what, ever heard of Dick Tracy? Who cares? And why would it be of any concern to anyone?
My bet is his Dad's surname was Elenin/Yelenin. That's how it works.

And again, so what if he dropped the Y in the name to make it easier for western pronunciation. You got a problem with it then take it up with the guy himself.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
WR_104 is more likely to kill us any second
en.wikipedia.org...
spread the word

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

Yes, it does matter if it's a male or female surname. His surname comes from his father, therefore, it is unlikely that his last name is really Elenin.

And if you don't know the difference between Elenin and Yelenin, then you really should do more research.

So do you. The feminine form of the surname is Yelenina, which is why the Russian name for the comet is Yelenina.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Some points to ponder....... Point 1.Some have written on here that any large sized object approaching or entering the solar system would cause changes in the planets. Well Im sure Ive noticed reports stating that Jupiter, Mars ect are getting warmer with freak weather and EQs affecting them. Earth is also having weather extremes and I personally dont go with the flow that there is no increase in EQ activity or strength here on earth.

Point 2. If Elenin is only a comet that is at this moment in time destined to miss us by a fair distance, who is to say that it will follow the path its on now. Ive read various attempts at sizing Elenin from 2 to 4 to 10 K in size and people are saying this as if it wouldnt cause any damage were it to hit the moon or earth. That my friends is rubbish. A 10 K comet would cause unheard of damage.

Point 3. I agree with those who say TPTB wouldnt warn us due to the chaos that would ensue, but I also believe they would have to put something out there so as the amateurs wouldnt ruin the plan. Elenin could be that something.

To those that are throwing the "Fear Monger" tag at anyone who questions the science I say you are being a touch to premature. There is something not quite right with the Elenin story, yea it might be a great big nothing, but at least admit there is a dog poo smell about the whole scanario.

Respects to you all.
edit on 22-5-2011 by captiva because: Spelling, its late Im tired

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

He didn't drop the Y, "somebody else" did, and there's a big difference between ELE-NIN and Yelenin

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Guy lets remember this comet was spotted and announced on the web absolutely ages ago with absolutely nothing to do with conspiracys but recently it has turned into a load of bs.
Turned into information pretty much getting twisted completely. One guys passes onto another. One person reads something ect ect.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

Again, it's insignificant.
Happens all the time, if it was a big issue and the guy was concerned about it then you have a tiny point. But seeing as he himself on his own personal blog uses the spelling Elenin I would say it was his choice, or at the least he is content with it.
edit on 22-5-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

"Point 1" is overstated. The reports of Jupiter or Mars "getting warmer" is totally different, and involves a few degrees, at most....much like climate change on Earth. Any number of reasons may be considered, but none would include a large object in the Solar System (and, noting like that could go unnoticed, anyway). Not only would it be seen (telescopes can see Pluto, and it is VERY far away, and quite small...and has NO light of its own, only what it reflects).

"Point 2" ....objects on a trajectory don't just suddenly alter their movements....it takes an influence of some sort. Gravitational attraction is one natural force (since the comet doesn't have a rocket engine attached to it) and its projected path is becoming quite certain. It follows the laws of physics, since Copernicus, Kepler and Newton (and others) have done the math, and it has been borne out to be accurate, ever since.

AS TO a 10km comet hitting the Moon? Well...it isn't going to come close enough, anyhow...nor to Earth, obviously. Yes, that large size would be significant, on Earth...not just the impact point, on the surface, but the atmospheric effects too. On the Moon, it would be spectacular, as a show....but, would only be a nice show (presuming it happened on the near hemisphere, to be observable).

"Point 3" ---- the so-called "PTB" is irrelevant. There are far, far more amateurs out there than professionals. Anything of significant threat would be seen, and would be unable to be "covered up". This is really quite obvious, one would think....

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

It has been heard about recent unusual gamma ray bursts hitting the south pole region. BBC Radio Four, May 11. They were of 'unknown' origin if I remember rightly. Bar the uses of geopositioning, astronomy is mostly double dutch to me though we all love these straws that get thrown up to grasp at/

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

It seems the Russians have been on a massive program of building underground shelters to house millions of its population. The USA on the other hand has only shelters for those in power and a few wealthy friends.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Those that with such pasion look for the end of the world have been with us since the beginning of time. Lets say you are correct, so what? The end of worlders prior to the internet age were isolated and alone. Today each can be a star in a press of a key. It is sad to think this is all some lonely souls have is predicting the demise of those of us with lives.I may be old school but life was better when chaf was seperated from wheat.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join