It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McGuyver'ed Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation machine? I dont see why not.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Allow me to run through a quick progression of the thoughts that led me to this idea. Headphones are small speakers which are powered by alternating electrical currents through a coil. I think its Maxwell that states changing currents in a coil equal changing electromagnetic field. The human brain works by electrical impulses transmitted through chemical means, if I understand it correctly.

It has been previously proven that magnetic fields do affect the brain in at least one study that caused the professor to forget how to count.

This led me to several thoughts. Could listening to music cause misfires, malfunctions, hallucinations, etc, in the brain? Could we wear headphones in a silly way one earphone between the brows, the other on the crown (spin them 90 degrees) and take advantage of the magnetic fields being pulsed to our third eye, pineal gland, crown chakra, etc. Could personalized and specialized audio tracks be produced through the use of a freeware program like SBaGen? Could the magnetic field even be strong enough? Are there other ways to take advantage of the magnetic fields being produced in the headphones?

A last minute idea is to rip open a bunch of earbud headphones and epoxy them onto a swimming cap, and pulse magnetic fields to direct places on the head. Lets open a discussion on this potential and see where it takes us. Does anyone have any thoughts?

II

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IntegratedInstigator

i sleep with a 50LB magnet under my pillow..

what was the question..?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IntegratedInstigator

If the music you are listening to is "Metallica".
Then the answer is yes.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
You had me at Mcgyver.

top topics

join