It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where In the World is Harold Camping?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Who cares where he is?!

It was ALL crap and those who believed him need mental HELP! I guess those people love cult followings.

Can we please not clutter the board with this crap again. Nobody cares where he is, only those who fell for his crap do.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
I would like to make 2 points. First off, anyone that followed him have no one to blame but themselves. Jesus spoke on false prophets and no man knowth the day or hour. I don't feel bad for those people one bit. Second, I am gonna make a prediction of my own; somehow the government and MSM are gonna lump Camping in with conspiracy theorists. They are gonna say the same thing you guys say about Camping, about ATS and the like. This is gonna be the excuse the government uses to regulate internet speech because they need to "protect" those mentalily unstable from being lead by wild theories.

Those were the parts of their sermons that were never brought up during Sunday, Wednesday and Saturday sermons. Any fool that can't sit and read the bible and would have someone "read" it to them should take their own lives. Just my point of view. Maybe I lived in oklahoma way to long. Pastures and Preachers worked beside you . They womanized at work and then preached about how bad it was to womanize on Sunday. They are glorified cult leaders. They buy a new truck on friday and brag about it after Sunday sermon.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
would a 144 000 people missing out of nearly 7 billion really go unnoticed? if these are all die hard Christians you can be sure they are loners unmarried devoted entirely to "God"

I am sure not saying that this is what happened im more along the lines of it desensitizing us to a possible end of society in the near future, cause this was all just a big joke to everyone, on the radio on weather stations not that i blame them but if and when something like that will happen we are all goin to be standing with our thumbs up our A$$È$.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
He's gone off to re-calculate the Apocalypse. Unfortunately, he has no street cred anymore. Ever hear the story of the "boy who cried wolf"?

Fortunately, this fiasco is well over, and hopefully False Prophets will think twice before spouting more nonsense.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
He's gone off to re-calculate the Apocalypse. Unfortunately, he has no street cred anymore. Ever hear the story of the "boy who cried wolf"?

Fortunately, this fiasco is well over, and hopefully False Prophets will think twice before spouting more nonsense.

Not too many here knew on their own that he had a previous failed prediction.. and duped some. Doesnt matter that he has been wrong yet again, he could come out in 4 or 5 yrs with another rapture prophecy and make millions more. People believe what they want and research nothing

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I believe Harold Camping is laughing all the way to the bank....He made millions off of this latest deception....he knew there was not going to be a rapture....it was a business move on his part.....to make more millions.

I bet he and his cohorts are thinking up more lies to tell (their believers) and the public. He is a very cruel person who uses people to amass money.

I think he is a sociopath with a lot of self-deception......a true false prophet.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordMason78
Well I had this thought today, that this end of the world business was all bull. I think the Government had an idea to test out how the humans would react. A small test before the real thing. And you wonder why humans are the last to know anything.

I had the same exact thought when I woke up yesterday morning..... though mine is along the lines of they're trying to keep us talking about the ridiculous while they quietly do their thing

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

edit on 22-5-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
If there is a God, then he was struck by a bus and is in a place where they don't have ice water and he's sharing a room with Hitler. People that create these "predictions" and then turn and profit from them are lower than slime mold.
Just my own two cents.
Plus, I'm just a wee bit cheesed that I don't get to kill zombies.

But Zombies was been alweady dead I taught ?

See you can't take it with you when you go ? Only always applys unless you get raptured. The way you get raptured it would seem as if it's pretty expensive in these tough economic times.

Seriously anyone who is spiritually sound in their beliefs would know better. No matter what those beliefs may be.
edit on 22-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
im really hoping there is no kool-aid fiasco... that we are going to find two days later... that would be aweful... other than that, hes probably kicking himself since he under-estimated the power of the interwebs

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

I agree - 'don't sign up for anything' is a pretty good rule to live by!

Just thinking, though, how often threads are started on ATS which make prophecies and predictions based either on the Book of Revelation or on Nostradamus. Revelation has, I think, wasted more human time than any other piece of writing in history, and nobody ever finds a solid prophecy of an event in Nostradamus until the event has taken place. Both these sources, and other Biblical prophecies are pretty much just boxes of words from which someone with the time to spare can make pretty much anything.

I suspect that Harold Camping just got lost in his big box of words and, having an incredibly high opinion of himself, decided it was OK to waste the time, money and possibly lives of his followers in showing off how damn clever he thought he was. If you wanted to pin a deadly sin on his conduct, I guess it might be mostly Pride.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordMason78
Well I had this thought today, that this end of the world business was all bull. I think the Government had an idea to test out how the humans would react. A small test before the real thing. And you wonder why humans are the last to know anything.

Very interesting. I kinda had similar thoughts, ya know the whole heavens gate thing.

What got me thinking is that I personally have never(to my recollection) heard of a "cult" that wasn't based in some sort of Christian belief. Well... besides scientology.

It's like, it doesn't smell like a jonestown death cult, but it has the same stink of government involvement to me. I'm not going to run around saying that though, I have no evidence

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think Michael Williams said it best when he said:
.......... I found some cigarettes.
...........I found them all the way in the bottom of my pack .
...........We're still alive 'cause we're smoking.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gmac10001

I was a die-hard born-again Christian in my teen years and I missed out on a lot. But then I kind of lost my religion and since really made up for the repression that I experienced early in life. I don't know if I'm damned or not, but I sure prefer the way I am now to the way I used to be. I feel bad for the people that believed that The Rapture would come because I know that they really believed this, and they must now be broken in heart. I wouldn't be surprised if they were mentally unstable. They may need counseling now.

I'm "full of sin" now, mostly fornication and sexuality-based. I would never want to live in a world where I couldn't have wild sex and be sexually uninhibited. I wonder what those that believed in the rapture were thinking they would inherit...or were the waiting to be finally "taken" so that they could finally have wild, sex blessed by God himself?

Christianity is filled with too many rules and commandments that go against human nature, and way too much confusion...add to that the threat of eternal hellfire and damnation if you don't comply and it makes for one very stressful existence to be Christian. No matter how much a Christian believes in the love of God and Jesus, in the back of their mind there is always worry of abandonment if they make the slightest wrong move or decision.

This is the contradiction that is forced on Christians. I still believe in God and Jesus, but my believe in Jesus is mostly out of tradition, habit and most importantly...fear. This does not, however, keep me from sinning in the ways that give me pleasure without hurting anyone else.

I consider myself a Christian, by belief and by baptism at birth...But the truth is...I'm also a freak!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
/thread

He's been "found"

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2011/05/22/BAKO1JJIK7.DTL&tsp=1

The man who said the world was going to end appeared at his front door in Alameda a day later, very much alive but not so well.

"It has been a really tough weekend," said Harold Camping, the 89-year-old fundamentalist radio preacher who convinced hundreds of his followers that the rapture would occur on Saturday at 6 p.m.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
reply to post by gmac10001

I was a die-hard born-again Christian in my teen years and I missed out on a lot. But then I kind of lost my religion and since really made up for the repression that I experienced early in life. I don't know if I'm damned or not, but I sure prefer the way I am now to the way I used to be. I feel bad for the people that believed that The Rapture would come because I know that they really believed this, and they must now be broken in heart. I wouldn't be surprised if they were mentally unstable. They may need counseling now.

I'm "full of sin" now, mostly fornication and sexuality-based. I would never want to live in a world where I couldn't have wild sex and be sexually uninhibited. I wonder what those that believed in the rapture were thinking they would inherit...or were the waiting to be finally "taken" so that they could finally have wild, sex blessed by God himself?

Christianity is filled with too many rules and commandments that go against human nature, and way too much confusion...add to that the threat of eternal hellfire and damnation if you don't comply and it makes for one very stressful existence to be Christian. No matter how much a Christian believes in the love of God and Jesus, in the back of their mind there is always worry of abandonment if they make the slightest wrong move or decision.

This is the contradiction that is forced on Christians. I still believe in God and Jesus, but my believe in Jesus is mostly out of tradition, habit and most importantly...fear. This does not, however, keep me from sinning in the ways that give me pleasure without hurting anyone else.

I consider myself a Christian, by belief and by baptism at birth...But the truth is...I'm also a freak!

I don't think christians miss out on sexuality....I think they just take it more seriously ,as it does reproduce other humans...therefore creating life, and should be taken seriously.

As for christians missing out on sex,because of a rapture ,and being taken to heaven...maybe sex isn't the be all and end all to living a deep rich spiritual existence. Real love can survive without it, in my opinion.

If there is a heaven,I like to think of it as a place ,where there is no fear of loving,and no fear of being as innocent as children. A place with no lies..no greed..no manipulation,and no corruption. A safe place..where love reigns..and the ego desolves to nothing.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LordMason78

I hope the Camping people don't lose heart. Camping is very biblical in many ways and more accurate than many trying to preach the truth today. He got carried away with his math and his interpreation of some pretty difficult passages.

There is a new date now anyway: June 1st-3rd, 2011. The crop circle points to this date of planetary alignmemt. Maybe we'll be getting new dates from here on and maybe one of them will be the real thing. Stay sober and alert and keep looking up. It's bound to happen.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Harold Camping is probley hideing out from the media for a for a few weeks trying to dream up what he is going to say to his followers that probley don't think to much of him right now..I imagine he is feeling very foolish right now..

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by therealme
reply to post by LordMason78

I hope the Camping people don't lose heart. Camping is very biblical in many ways and more accurate than many trying to preach the truth today. He got carried away with his math and his interpreation of some pretty difficult passages.

There is a new date now anyway: June 1st-3rd, 2011. The crop circle points to this date of planetary alignmemt. Maybe we'll be getting new dates from here on and maybe one of them will be the real thing. Stay sober and alert and keep looking up. It's bound to happen.

Harold camping has done nothing over the years but shown that he is a fraud and an idiot.

He may know "math", but what does that have to do with the bible?

If his "god" is truly "god" this man will burn.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Supposedly he's going to speak on Monday, too bad I don't listen to his show. I imagine it will be hilarious though.

"Um... You're not gonna believe it guys... we saved earth with 120 million dollars. God is pleased, for now...."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join