It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012,new rapture..have to say one thing..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

2012,new rapture..have to say one thing..

www.inde pendent.co.uk

The end of the world is nigh; 21 May, to be precise. That's the date when Harold Camping, a preacher from Oakland, California, is confidently predicting the Second Coming of the Lord. At about 6pm, he reckons 2 per cent of the world's population will be immediately "raptured" to Heaven; the rest of us will get sent straight to the Other Place.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Now listen here ATS people,the fact that this retarded world has yet again instantly spoken of end of the world on a time like the rapture..
May i remind you that the mayan calender comes to an 'End' and yet you all instantly think the world ends because of it?-_-"

Look,this guy?says its rapture,not the end of the world,the end of the world is ment to occur on 21st october. Just because nothing happened at 6:00 on the dot..doesnt mean nothing will over these next five months.

Iv'e had enough of arrogant people..im not a believer,nor a non-believer,im open. Besides the bible was only partially translated and correct..nothing stopping THIS part of the bible being correct.Besides,the guy used the hebrew bible as his reference which is generaly the original.

Anyways..your thoughts?and be reasonable,include ideas for 2012 aswell,the mayans said it did take a 2 year process for the earth to 'clean' itself (earthquakes,tsunamis..etc)

www.inde pendent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Winged-Sphinx

No.. more... end.. of... the.. world!!!! When it happens, it happens!

All religious and spiritual paths say that no man can know the time of the end before it happens. This is in Islam, Christianity, and Judaism. So... Dead it... please
edit on 21-5-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

But you should never rule out the worst my friend

Im not saying its going to happen..soon or 2012..
But even past our own understanding anything is possible..

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Winged-Sphinx

I believe that the end is coming, as I follow a spiritual path which says so and I hold to it. But I'm very tired of people constantly trying to predict the end of the world.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Winged-Sphinx
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

But you should never rule out the worst my friend

Im not saying its going to happen..soon or 2012..
But even past our own understanding anything is possible..

There is no point in even entertaining the thought that the world is going to end. "You should never rule out the worst" -- yes we should, for if the worst happens... A.) It's out of our control and there would be nothing we could do about it anyway, and B.) It's completely impossible for anybody to make such a prediction based on the text that the world has studied for centuries....

Why even bother thinking about it, if it does come true... the moment of reckoning, I'm sure... everyone will just be like "Oh, well hey -- what do you know, I guess it's happening" and that is if you even have time to realize it's happening.

It's like the whole world just wants the world to end. I don't get it, but personally, I like living... and as a result, I'm going to pay no mind to the end of the world, for there is no point in it. I don't gain any advantages knowing it's coming, all I get to do is psych myself out and become afraid... what good is that?

So again, if the world were to come to an end, there would be no tomorrow, so how could you benefit from the foreknowledge of the event, when there is no way to prepare for it... Hence, there being no reason to waste time talking about it....

I ask you dutifully to rebuke my stance in this argument... but alas, you cannot.

As for the guy above me...

Ofcourse the end is coming.... Everything that has a beginning has an end... and as time moves forward, the end gets every so slightly closer to the current "present" in the timeline....

However, that end... is likely billions of years away, if you think the world is going to biblically come to an end in your life time, you are dillusional.... If you think man is going to kill the planet in your life, you are also dillusional....

You will not be alive to witness the end, and that is the only constant.... none of us will, following any kind of "spiritual" (what does that even mean anyway) path that says it's going to end in your lifetime... is just a waste of a great mind.
edit on 21-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

A closed mind is nothing of greatness.
What you seem to miss is the links towards the planets refurbishment.The word 'world' is a oppinionated phrase by the human race which could mean anything.
Generally speaking,im saying that there is no such thing as an end.
By the looks of things and the way the world is heading,the mayans predictions are comming true,but only in a since of the lunar and solar cycles causing worldwide destruction.
The calender itself does not state the end of the world,only the end of an era.
Thing is,apparently through time the earth has done this in sequence and according to the calender,2012 is the next date..BUT..
It happens over a 2 year period.from 2010-2012..

Besides,if anything happened like Noahs ark,well just end up getting picked up by a giant spaceship again

top topics

join