It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously, is there any logical argument against gay marriage?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

The logical reason is, IT's NOT MARRIAGE. NEVER HAS BEEN. A few individuals want to take something sweet, kind, pure and loving and turn it into something it's not. Just like they try and define marriage is ownership and degrading and blah, blah and blah. Yet they turn around and say they want their life style choice to have the same title. Dumbed down it is the very same question is it wrong or right? Wrong or right would be part of the logic. If something is wrong it would not be logical. Thats why we have the word illogical. People want to change the meaning of words or titles to fit and justify their swisted thinking. Or if they can't use it make it sound degrading or evil. Adolf I'm sure has more on his mind right now and can't be here to defend himself.

Just like homophobe word doesn't even make sense! MAN scared of himself? Take a word that sounds educated and run with it. Homosexual? a Sexual Man? Of coarse thats how babbies are made! Which if applied to queers could not happen. therefore they are queer ie.. strange, not natural. I realize this may be to much for you to mentaly digest. feel free to look into the meaning of words. My be a problem for those with an education... cheers!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Does it really matter? Religion does not want men to marry men, women to marry women. Period, does not matter the religion because there would be no way to continue the species.

never knew you had to be married in order to have a kid..(continue the species).......pure genius

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I thought my question was plausible.

I guess that's a whole 'nother thread.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
There really is no logical answer to an illogical question.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
logical argument against gay marriage?

not really.

people should be able to do as they please, with themselves as long as they cause no harm to others.

that of course, applies to many facets of life.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I find all arguments against gay marriage to be silly at best , and intellectually boring. Good for you if follow someone's interpretation of god( AKA religion) , or have the moral high ground to care about survival of the human race ,( that's biggest threat is it's own ignorance and hatred towards each-other). Let's not fool ourselves , it all comes down to personal taste and ignorance . We all love our rights , until someone comes along we just don't like that wants the same. I say ban ALL marriage , after all ..it's "a religiously founded practice" and we can't favor one religion over another can we ? Watch the tables turn my friend,..... you won't like it.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I find all arguments against gay marriage to be silly at best , and intellectually boring. Good for you if follow someone's interpretation of god( AKA religion) , or have the moral high ground to care about survival of the human race ,( that's biggest threat is it's own ignorance and hatred towards each-other). Let's not fool ourselves , it all comes down to personal taste and ignorance . We all love our rights , until someone comes along we just don't like that wants the same. I say ban ALL marriage , after all ..it's "a religiously founded practice" and we can't favor one religion over another can we ? Watch the tables turn my friend,..... you won't like it.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I love how people claim it's "not marriage"

If they choose to call it marriage, it is. Period. No amount of ignorant homophobia can change that.

It doesn't matter whether or not if people that disagree "recognize' it or not. Since when are they of any importance when two people decide to get married?

If they don't "recognize" it, so what? It's not like the people who do not "recognize" it have any authority on the matter.

I hate to break it to people, but "god" has no say in two people getting married.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Okay, so I'm not going to read through every page, but I get the idea of what people are saying here:

1) It's wrong - Opinion based upon one's personal feelings and not fact

2) It goes against nature - Have you ever wandered among a herd of cows at mating time? Lesbian city..... They are far from the only creatures that display same sex sexual activity either

3) They can't reproduce- So should a sterile man or a barren woman be barred from marriage too? Should sex be banned for any purpose other than strict reproductive purposes? What about over population? Gay relationships are doing their part to help with this problem.

4) The bible says it's wrong - Yes, yes it does. But we are all human beings and not a single one of us lives up to every single expectation in the bible. By promoting monogamous gay relationships we are encouraging the best of a 'bad' situation (biblically speaking only here)

5)Society will fall apart - How so? Homosexuals have been around forever. If we go back to the old bible and take a peek we see that it first gets a sort of mention with the story of Sodom and Gomorrah which is right there in the very first book. So, societies have come and gone fore sure but don't blame the homos. Blame bad leadership and man's insatiable lust for power and expansiveness.

edit on 22-5-2011 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

Oh hell,.

Hopefully that was really ironic, otherwise it's just a sad indictment on bigots....

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973
4) The bible says it's wrong - Yes, yes it does. But we are all human beings and not a single one of us lives up to every single expectation in the bible.

There are alternate ways of interpreting the parts of the bible that supposedly refer to homosexuality.

People can make the choice to support these teachings. Or they can choose the teachings of condemnation.

They have the choice.

www.soulforce.org...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I preface this by saying I did not read every post. With that aside...

Why is this even a debate? How does one guy servicing another get in your way? Or the sexier version ...
one female ...well you get the point.

Marriage is what it is. Call it a union and give them the same rights. Simple as that. Who gives a crap about the term marriage? It is an age old Christian view that holds family dear. I mean really? Who cares about family anymore? I kid. Even gay people...believe it or not...can be good parents.

I am so sick of everyone crying about being discriminated against. Live your life, for yourself, and don't worry about what people call your "marriage".

It is only an issue when we allow it to be one. Example: NIGGER.... issue. (WOW ATS censored me.SO #ing disappointed.)

Stop being mean to each other.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
reply to post by murphy22

Oh hell,.

Hopefully that was really ironic, otherwise it's just a sad indictment on bigots....

Apparently I am not the only one having difficulty in interpreting the meanings - - like a game of "Chutes and Ladders".

By intent and design I suspect.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sagittarian69
Marriage is what it is. Call it a union and give them the same rights. Simple as that.

Not simple.

Separate but Equal is NEVER OK.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Gay marriage should be banned. it was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve, it goes against procreation. The reason why we have a male and a female.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Personally, I have no problem with gay people wanting a legal bond. But forget about the church. They think homosexuality is a sin and if you're looking to get that changed, you're fighting a losing battle. Anyway, do you really want to belong to a religion that condemns you but says it's okay if the priest rapes a boy?

To get back on the subject of this thread...Give a Reason Why.

I'm by far no expert and this is very speculative but the only reason I can see is the health insurance industry does want gays getting legally married.

The industry is hurting as it is. The company I work for had a hard time even getting insurance for their workers because the insurer LOST money with us last year! Not to mention the out of pocket costs for us!

I know the first argument will be how will this affect health insurance?

Well, again...I'm no expert, but if 2% of the people in a company of 1000 are gay and let's say half of them get married. That's 10 people added to the plan. If half are men and just one of them contracts HIV, that's about a $300,000 hit for the insurance company. Just speculating on their possible fears.

The bigger problem I know will happen is people of the same sex getting married just to get benefits! Trust me, this country is getting the blood sucked right out of it by immigrants finding ways to take advantage of the system as it is. If you don't believe Pedro will marry Hilario for a pay-off so he can get premium medical care for his child who was diagnosed with cancer, you are mistaken. My Wife is a legal immigrant from South America and tells me about some of the scams her co-workers are involved in. These people probably live better than most on these forums!

edit on 22-5-2011 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

WHAT? Separate but equal is wrong? I do not get what you mean by that? So, we should just call all humans MEN because separate is wrong. Men and women Equal....but, ...

Still confused.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I totally agree with you, some parts can be interpreted in other ways, but the book of law for instance is very specific on it's condemnation. The point I was more trying to make is that if you look at the 'do nots' in the bible, we are all guilty of having done some of them, so singling out homosexuality is a little hypocritical on the part of those who use the bible as an arguments against homosexual relationships. Jesus himself said, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

I see where you are coming from. But, keep in mind HIV does not discriminate. You can say that gays ... but, how do you know? Anyone you have sex with could have it and be unaware. Poor reason against.

Once again, Marriage is for Christian types... but, the rights should be the same.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Here's one.

Health Risks

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join