It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetosphere going mad anyone have explanation, any expert I never see that ..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
In last 2 hours magnetosphere simulator going mad I never see something like this in last 5 months

Can anyone explain my this ?

Tnx ..

www2.nict.go.jp...

Peace ..
edit on 21-5-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

I've been monitoring it for over half a year and have seen this many times, nothing to be worried about imo.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
i really don't know how to deduce what those pics and graphs really mean...any explanation?
edit on 21-5-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I could be completely wrong but I would guess that there's lots of solar activity going on right now, and particles are coming towards earth making the magnetosphere act all wacky.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bdizzl3

So you watch all pictures from last 2 h of magnetic field ??

From 05/21/2011 22:14:18, now is 00:15
UTC

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Not sure if this would be related but yesterday in seattle around 6pm looking at the sun with sunglasses on I could see a huge rainbow halo around the sun...without the sunglasses it was very hard to see but once you saw it with the sunglasess you could see the halo around it without them...and the sun seemed very bright..then again im in seattle so we havent seen that much of it lately

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It looks pretty calm and normal to me.

Could you please post screen shots or links to the images that you're referring to.
edit on 5/21/2011 by InvisibleObserver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Reply to post by TupacShakur

from what i can see actually the sun has been at its quietest period since cycle 24 kicked in.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

From 05/21/2011 22:14:18 to 05/22/2011 00:14:57

UTC

www2.nict.go.jp...

Not pressure, see way of magnetic field manifest ..

Tnx for replay ..

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm afraid I can't see it. The site says:
"The simulation has stopped due to a power outage."

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Fairly normal activity, nothing to be alarmed about.

Since the Earth has an internal sphere of molten metal which is rotating along with the Earth, it generates an enormous magnetic field that is constantly in flux.

Because the interior has thermal dynamics and convection currents moving molten material vertically toward the surface and back down again as well as rotating horizontally, the consequence is a constant wobbling of the Earth's magnetic poles. This is "polarity shift" and periodically, every few million years or so, will be so severe that it causes the magnetic North and South poles to completely switch places. Objects on the surface don't feel anything, just as we don't feel anything presently as the poles wobble around in concentric circles around True North (Lat 90 N on the grid). It is the reason we have magnetic deviation adjustments found on the bottom of all topographic maps. Your compass points to magnetic north, while your map is oriented to true north. Currently, in my area, this deviation is 14 degrees off. It changes every time a new revision of the map is published.

Periodically, this magnetic deviation undergoes a more rapid deflection than normal in it's wobble. the appearance (if you were able to see it from space) is somewhat like a spinning top that begins to wobble around it's center of gravity before toppling.

Unlike a spinning toy, however, the Earth corrects itself and again reaches equilibrium. It has been thus for 4.6 billion years. The Earth is constantly in a battle with itself, internal forces, denudation fighting the effects of plate tectonics, and so on.

Since it is such a large, massive, agglomeration of disparate systems, it is inevitable that periodically some of these forces encounter stronger counter-forces or some are compounded now and then creating the magnetic anomaly you are referring to in the OP.

If you look at a time lapse back through, say, just the last 800 million years or so, you will see many, many such "mad" magnetosphere perturbations.

Humans, however, have very short attention spans and always want to relate to Earth phenomenon in human lifetime (rather than geologic time) frames of reference. So, when we see an anomaly that "we've never seen before", you must ask yourself, "how long have I been "looking"? How long have I even been on the Earth to witness such an event?". Now compare your answer to Earth's geologic time frames. Even if you have never seen such a thing, the Earth may have seen thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of them - perhaps millions.

If you poke around some University geology departments, the USGS, NASA, and other places, you will find some computer models that will actually do the time-space compression in a visualization for you to see. Basically a time-lapse back through millions of years. Interesting stuff.

Incidentally, a scientist by the name of Wagener, who first coined "continental drift" (which we now call plate tectonics"), was unable to explain the propulsion mechanism that moved the continents apart. We know now that such movement was proven through the dating of sea-floor volcanic rocks at the mid-ocean ridge through a technique that examined the polarity shift recorded in the rocks on the ocean floor. This polarity shift, recorded in the magnetic orientation of the rock samples, demonstrated that the same age/magnetic shift was found at equal distances from the mid-ocean ridge, proving the diversion (spreading) of the sea-floor at equidistant intervals - validating the idea that the Earth's plates are in constant motion...

edit on 5/21/2011 by Outrageo because: typo

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Whats interesting is the steady plateau of the readings right now.. very curious

new topics

top topics

join