It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is believing in Aliens the same as Christianity?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Do the non-believers think NASA is playing GOD when we send our "Robotic Angels" to our planets and Moons?

But wouldn't believing in Aliens be really just believing in yourself? Or maybe I'm confused, believing in Aliens visiting Earth is the same as Christianity?

I hope the die-hard skeptics of the future remember to use the argument, it is a very remote possibility that Aliens could visit us with our current technology and knowledge of the Universe.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The link is believing in.... Faith for it to be real. That's all. At least believing in aliens didn't start a crusade yet.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

I'm a Christian and I believe in Aliens.
Aliens are our friends.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by goos3

I'm a Christian and I believe in Aliens.
Aliens are our friends.
I'm curious, how did you come to that conclusion? If you don't mind me asking.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Christianity didnt start a crusade, it was a response to Islams global agenda and no different to the allies actions toward nazi Germany.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think the argument you're referring to is the one used in religious debates, when somebody says that you cannot prove God's existence because there is no physical evidence, then the religious guy defends himself by saying that you cannot prove extraterrestrial life's existence since there too is no evidence. This argument doesn't work on me though, because there are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the visible universe, each containing billions of stars, and the idea that we are the only planet that has developed life in the entire universe is insanely stupid. We are just one planet in one solar system in one galaxy, and the thought that we are the one planet that was lucky enough to develop life just doesn't sit right with me.

If we had the technology to travel across the universe in our lifetime, I know for a fact we would find other life out there. And there are thousands of eye witness reports of alien abductions, close encounters, as well as the thousands of UFO images/videos available on the internet. While many of these are fake, I really doubt that every single one of the thousands of eye witnesses are just lying about their alien encounters. With God however, there is absolutely no physical evidence to prove his existence. The only way to find out is to die and meet him or not meet him yourself, but IMO when you die your brain stops functioning, and you need your brain to take in information, to perceive your surroundings, to understand language, etc., so when you die, you die and that's it.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Heaven and Hell and all the stories in the Bible are waaaaay different than looking up into the sky on a starry night, don't you think? You usually sit in a church on pew, or pray, or read a bible in the comfort of your own home. You read the stories and you extrapolate what it means to you in your head. That is totally different than believing in Aliens. Maybe believing in the Nordics from Alpha Centauri or some crazy detailed alien culture like that, I can see the argument. But generally believing in Aliens, seems more like common sense, and not so much a faith based assumption.

We actually have physical things we can study in regards to life in space. We humans are capable of traveling great distances on Earth. That is all reality. Point A to Point B. We are humans, not dogs or cats, so we understand the concept travel.

Stories from the Bible, are just that stories, there are religious archeologist, religious anthropologist, and Universities dedicated to research on factual evidence of the stories from the Bible.

But not everyone is a Christian, and not everyone has a Bible. But everyone can look up at the Stars at night.

I just think it's a totally different ball park, apples and oranges.

The argument that believing in Aliens is a thing of faith, whoever is making that statement already has some sort of Christian based bias.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Originally posted by game over man

[Do the non-believers think NASA is playing GOD when we send our "Robotic Angels" to our planets and Moons?

Who said the other planets were ours for a start? No I don't believe NASA is playing god, and never will compete with god.

[But wouldn't believing in Aliens be really just believing in yourself? Or maybe I'm confused, believing in Aliens visiting Earth is the same as Christianity?

It depends how you, yourself interprete the bible. I believe we were put here by aliens simply because that is the way genesis makes me think.

[I hope the die-hard skeptics of the future remember to use the argument, it is a very remote possibility that Aliens could visit us with our current technology and knowledge of the Universe.

Maybe they are visiting now, but unless someone decides to tell the rest of the world they are real, then they are a myth just like the bible and other ancient writings.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
the difference is that you don't need to believe in aliens
.. they are here

on the other hand religion is all about faith, some people have it some don't

[imho]

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Artanis667

I can answer that for him, too much television.
You have all been duped, hollywood has instilled a mind-set in its audiences over the last 50 years or so.
One that has subtly systematically undermined the character of the average christian (crazy and or uneducated fanatic) and at the same time not only given credence to the possibility of space creatures but glamourised them to the point where we not only want them to arrive we are waiting.
Its all an illusion, perpetrated through holly-wood, the wood used for a magicians wand coincidentally.

edit on 21-5-2011 by lestweforget because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
I think the argument you're referring to is the one used in religious debates, when somebody says that you cannot prove God's existence because there is no physical evidence, then the religious guy defends himself by saying that you cannot prove extraterrestrial life's existence since there too is no evidence. This argument doesn't work on me though, because there are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the visible universe, each containing billions of stars, and the idea that we are the only planet that has developed life in the entire universe is insanely stupid. We are just one planet in one solar system in one galaxy, and the thought that we are the one planet that was lucky enough to develop life just doesn't sit right with me.

If we had the technology to travel across the universe in our lifetime, I know for a fact we would find other life out there. And there are thousands of eye witness reports of alien abductions, close encounters, as well as the thousands of UFO images/videos available on the internet. While many of these are fake, I really doubt that every single one of the thousands of eye witnesses are just lying about their alien encounters. With God however, there is absolutely no physical evidence to prove his existence. The only way to find out is to die and meet him or not meet him yourself, but IMO when you die your brain stops functioning, and you need your brain to take in information, to perceive your surroundings, to understand language, etc., so when you die, you die and that's it. -emphasis added by Gib

You have made a paradoxical statement. Unless you have actually visited or been there, you have no facts. And with your statement about the eye witnesses and such, how do you know this is not some ploy of a spiritual being trying to bring confusion to mankind?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Both are conspicuous by their absence.

Like Pixies and Elves and Leprechauns.

Cosmic...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
How is believing in Aliens the same as Christianity, you ask?

...well, they're both fiction. One contains fairy tale stories with imaginary friends for deluded adults, while the other is about blue and green martians buzzing around the skies in saucers.

They are both nonsense. And they both make adults appear more silly than little children.
edit on 21-5-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gibborium

Based on our current understanding, for life to develop a planet must have oceans and must be a certain distance from the sun, so that the oceans do not freeze or evaporate. There are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the observable universe, giving us a 99.999999999999999999% chance that another planet exists with the perfect conditions to develop life. I would consider that a fact, although technically it's an opinion, you stickler. (That's the first time I've used the word stickler)

And I guess I don't know whether or not some spiritual entity is trying to bring confusion to mankind, but I also don't know for a fact whether or not a giant cosmic leprechaun is using aliens to distract us from his pot of gold.
edit on 21-5-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Believe in anything you want. Without direct life experience (knowing), you're operating on your own illusions. Playing games with words will not give you any deeper understanding of the questions you have. And believing in something that is not in your experience is foolish and a waste of time and energy.

If you saw an alien, you would no longer need to believe in them. If you witnessed the I AM of God, then you no longer need belief to sustain you. When you say 'I believe in God or Aliens' , you are saying that you know nothing about either.

There is a way to contact the Aliens that are here on Earth, including disembodied beings, there is also a way to experience the I AM of God as well. Beliefs get in the way of the pursuit for truth.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Ever wonder why christians use the term witnessing when spreading the good news?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
In the purest form they are the same thing. God/Christ and Advanced Technology, Aliens and Angels, Ascending and Abductions. They both are an answer to questions we do not have answers to. Answers about the future and the past. Where did we come from? God made us. Aliens engineered us. It is the same character, different name.

Christians believe that the leaders in the church have access to the holy spirit. Alien believers think that leaders in the government have access to aliens. They both use this to justify that they exist.

There are Christians, Muslims, Hindus. There are Grays, Reptilian, Nordics.

I am not a self described religious person. But I do believe in aliens. I also understand that to some extent I am fooling myself in thinking that one is foolish and the other truth. As a result I am open to both, but I feel one is far more likely and reasonable.
edit on 21-5-2011 by westrock2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Believing in aliens is fact.Millions of people tell of abduction stories.Christianity is based on fiction.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

It is not so much that I disagree with what you are saying as that I have learned that when we speak in absolutes, we set ourselves up for failure. There are very few things that are truly absolute. And those things seem to come in very simple forms, ie 2+2=4. (a bad example, but true)

However, having said that, I have seen the face of evil and have experienced it first hand. I have also seen the face of God and experience Him in a personal relationship. I have witnessed the transformation of people, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. There are a lot of things I might be able to attribute these changes to, but I have not found anything yet that is better than belief in a higher being which the Bible tells us is Yehweh/God.

I have done extensive research in all manners of phenomenon. I have studied the occults, the psychic world, aliens, and faiths based in higher beings. For me, it keeps coming back to a faith in God that explains what I am about and what life means.

Definition of Faith =
1 complete trust or confidence in someone or something:
2 strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof.

This is a two fold definition and how one uses it, determines the ultimate meaning. When I say I have faith in God, I am expressing the first definition. Because I have seen God, and His handy work, I have complete faith in Him. It is not just a strong belief.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Believing in aliens is fact.Millions of people tell of abduction stories.Christianity is based on fiction.

Utter BS...millions of people claim to have had some contact with God, angels and Jesus...oh yeh and mary.

What do both have in common...both are completely full of it,,either lying or looking for attention...

That is the only fact here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join