It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds witness stand-off after receiver tries to take over shop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Hundreds witness stand-off after receiver tries to take over shop

www.independent.ie

A lengthy stand-off in a Co Monaghan superstore was continuing last night after a businessman attempted to stop a bank-appointed receiver from changing the locks on his business earlier in the day, writes Joe McCabe.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This is the sanitised version of what is another blatant abuse of power by the bankers in Ireland who continue to bleed this country dry. Rather than sum up what really happened I'll quote from Darrell: of the Ancient Clan O’Deaghadh who writes in the Sovereign Independent:

Yesterday, AIB were involved in a Military Style lockdown at a family owned and run shop in Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan. Carricmacross Siege.

The shop; Clough Vally Stores is owned and run by Michael & Bridget Quinn. It is one of the biggest people employers in the town of Carrickmacross and the greater Monaghan region.

AIB Lied!

AIB on the previous Monday blatantly lied to Michael & Bridget. Bank officials told them that they wished to meet them in Dublin on the basis of working out a plan or deal on which their business would continue to trade and operate. Michael and Bridget were elated.

They drove to Dublin …

For the full article click this link www.sovereignindependent.com...

Great to see people stand up for themselves and another sorry day for this state when TPTB side with the criminals against the people.
edit on 21-5-2011 by Wolfetone because: format

edit on Sat May 21 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Good luck resisting the banks and their private/government enforcers. This is part of the reason that I have eliminated almost every single debt/bill/monthly expenditure that I possibly can. I am down to one monthly(a burner cell phone with no contract) and 1 bi-annual bill(car insurance. I pay it in it's entirety every 6 months to avoid interest). That is it. Monthly bills = slavery imo.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Wish I was in the same boat but am working towards it.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Just a sampling of what is coming to our shores.

Wrong is just wrong and the Criminal Bankers must be stood up to.

I wish them well in their fight!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
You don't own anything, I was talking to a work mate just last night about the fact that even though he owned his home outright the local shire could raise rates in the next 5 years to the point where he would have to take out a loan to pay the bill.

My local shire has increased the local rates every year by over 12% ( this year it was 15.5% ) compounded and at this rate in 10 years I would be paying over $10k AUD for the privilege of them wasting money on reversing one way streets back and forth in the CBD.

If I was a pensioner within 3 years the shire would have sold my property to reclaim rates its owed legally and there is not a damn thing I could do about it. I would be out on the street living like a homeless person just so the Shire can keep on increasing its fee's because it can't manage jack !@#$.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This is a nationalised bank remember that has been given billions in several bail outs. So not only were the suits involved bankers but government as well. I clocked this last night on twitter. I was surprised the the great and good would descend on a little place like Carrickmacross to make an example of the working class but with hindsight not overly shocked. I was surprised though that in that neck of the woods they weren't sent on their merry way with a good kick up the backside.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This family has my sympathies.
The "beast" they fight is the beast that threatens us all. We had better learn to fight the beast.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfetone

Don't you get it? It is not so much what is legal in a society but what is right if that society is to continue being exactly that. When money becomes more important than people, than the glue of that society has failed and that means that the society itself has failed.

The arrow of cause then points directly back to those that make and enforce the laws that collects the money.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The hundreds of witnesses should have joined the fight and sent the fascist either on his way or to a much worse fate. This is why they try to constantly divide us, because a united people would never let this happen.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

Yeah 'cos making people pay up on their debts is so obviously evil......

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

If you read the full story you will see that the family were more than willing to settle their debts. The bank told them they didn't want them to and wanted to evict them anyway so they could make even more money from the store.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfetone
This is the sanitised version of what is another blatant abuse of power by the bankers in Ireland who continue to bleed this country dry.

I just feel awful for the Irish people that they got stuck with the debt for the banks. That was a con of the highest order.

And how do the banks repay the Irish? By helping the people who helped them? Oh no. Not going to happen.

Just like in America, we bailed out Wall Street, and Banks, and Corporations and they arent doing a thing to help America back on her feet. Even though our bailing them out and their bad behavior is a large part of what knocked us off our feet.

They all need to be shot. Imho.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

It's one thing to owe and pay a debt, it's another when someone uses deception to entrap people into shady contracts, or when they change things around on you all the time. Usury should be illegal...isn't it supposed to be?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
sad to hear,yet more to come.but a failed system is correct.it is a matter of when the majority of the people start to feel it.until then,even that same people will defend that system,and attack the ones opening there eyes.then rome burned!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfetone

If you read the full story you will see that the family were more than willing to settle their debts. The bank told them they didn't want them to and wanted to evict them anyway so they could make even more money from the store.

That's not what it says - it says that an offer had been put in to buy the shop back, and the offer was insufficient -

Bridget Quinn said last night: "They told us that the bid we had put in to purchase the shop back from AIB was not successful, that it wasn't at a proper level and that they didn't require the input of Michael or myself into the business any longer."

When you owe 7.2 million Euro the bank has an obligation to get its money back for all teeh OTHER people who it is responsible too, and to get the best price possible for eth business.

new topics

top topics

join