It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Failed May doomsday Prophet Harold Camping gone into hiding?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
sanfrancisco.ibtimes.com...

The world is expecting to hear something soon from Camping or he risks being branded as a false prophet. Especially Camping’s followers will be demanding an explanation as they had put all their faith in Camping’s prediction, quitting jobs, selling their possessions and donating all their money to support the Doomsday campaign. Others are probably going to simply shrug and dismiss him as a mad man, which probably many of them have already started doing.

Is Camping going to turn up and say he made a mathematical error again, just like when his earlier prediction on the End Time failed in 1994? (Camping made a prediction in 1994 that the world will end in September 1994, but he said he made a “mathematical mistake” and delayed the Doomsday to May 21, 2011)

The popular broadcaster, who has been widely heard across the world, is now maintaining a stoic silence. Meanwhile, the Family Radio headquarter in Oakland, CA display a cryptic message in large letters: “This Office is Closed. Sorry we missed you!” pasted on its front door.

Either he's hiding or he raptured.

But people need an apology from the crazy bastard, just because of the more unhinged folks who decided to scare themselves to death, or all the frightened children wondering what all the giant doomsday posters meant or all the generally frightened devout folk who stupidly believed him.

If it it is found that anyone who commited suicide as a result of this man's hysteria, then he should be forced to pay a large and substantial amount of money to their families from his allegedly large profits.

Sick fool.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Check under his bed , thats where i would hide

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

quitting jobs, selling their possessions and donating all their money to support the Doomsday campaign.

I can't believe people are stupid enough to actually do that stuff.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymous1

Nope not under his bed, he's camping!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast
reply to post by anonymous1

Nope not under his bed, he's camping!

Lmao camping is awesome.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonymous1
Check under his bed , thats where i would hide

You would hide under his bed?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

reply to post by mr-lizard

quitting jobs, selling their possessions and donating all their money to support the Doomsday campaign.

I can't believe people are stupid enough to actually do that stuff.

Its ironic because the Bible warns about people like Camping and even specifically says:
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Matthew 24:36

and Matthew 24:11
"and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people."

So the people that were going rapture crazy didn't even bother to read the book that the concept of the rapture comes from... It doesn't get any dumber than that.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
"Camping, who lives few miles from his radio station, was not home late morning Saturday. "

news.yahoo.com...

Yep seems right now nobody knows where hes at.
Probably sipping margaritas on a tropical beach somewhere.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
You'd never know. He might turn up in a compound in Pakistan

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I don't know why people don't already brand him as a false prophet.

A true prophet of God is correct 100% of the time when warning impending judgment. Even then, it's not set in stone. They've all been warnings so that the people can choose Him and change their ways.

He's already been incorrect with his 1994 prediction, he's not a true prophet of God already.
edit on 21-5-2011 by Artanis667 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cohort

More like sipping Metamucil in Florida's "Friendliest Home town" !!
He's 89.
edit on 5/21/11 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I think he went ahead and put his head back into hibernation mode in his ass,so did all the followers.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Interestingly enough, false prophets like this guy are one of the signs in the book of revelations.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
For me this guy falls into the extremist nutbag category. The false prophets in my eyes are the Billy Grahams & GOD TVs of this world.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
TWO of his CAMPERS are here in Tahoe with signs on them.

I might call into the Live Show with an update.

I'm practicing my sound effects to make sounds like people or being wooshed out of their clothes.

The wife already hates the idea... so..it's almost a go.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
You are all wrong... the Rapture happened.

Unfortunately I am like most of you. I didn't realize that Jesus didn't do door to door service and I was not at the Rapture pick up spot. Leave it to me... I was late for my own wedding once so of course I would miss the Rapture

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

You're in Tahoe?

I haven't seen these people around Reno...Most people who are crazy are in Reno downtown at night doing meth.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
yeah, I can understand why hes in hiding...

misleading people is not a nice thing to do.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
He will more than likely be found DOA with "spiked" grape koolaid.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The let down this guy's followers are gonna feel, i will liken to a parent telling their child they're gonna do something or be somewhere, at a certain time, and never showing up! But hey, that's what they get, for not reading the BIG RED LETTERS! How could they have missed it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join