learn more

Anyone actually like our president?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFly5
No matter how many things Bush might have done or how many lies he may have told, he still got Saddam out of office and in my book that does account for something!

So by your logic, if I were your doctor and in the last 4 years I took out your apendix when you had a broncheal infection, mis diagnosed bone cancer becasue I really dont like bone cancer even though there is no evidence of it in your body we are still going to go in and do marrow transplants, charged you the fees for 3 differant patients, and gave your child too much anesthetic resulting in his death.. you would still support me as your doctor because while I was takign out your apendix I removed a gall stone that was actualy irritating you.

Because you knwo what? We went into Iraq whithout finishing with Osama's boys in Afganistan, use false information to take the military into a personaly vendetta against Iraq under the pretense of WMD which noone can seem to find. Used the biggest surpulse of money in our countrys history to fund it.. but thats ok cause we can always pay it back, sent our children to an unsupported war... but thats ok.. cause we removed Saddam from office and threw the entire area into political and religious chaos. Go Bush!!!!

Ohh BTW didn't you hear? We won the war in Iraq, Bush declaired victory bout a year ago.

Wraith

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
No thats not it, all I'm saying is ,,,, Every president lies to the country , every president decieves us. If u say no u are a fool. We are in the middle of a war and those ppl over there thrive on weakness. If we take him out now they will see that as the ultimate weakness!!!! Where will we be then? And u really trust Kerry to do a better job? I don't! personally I think the canidates we have had to choose from here lately have been pathetic!!! We have not had a decent canidate in a very long time!!!! But I dont trusr Kerry as far as I can throw him with my little finger!!!!! Once again that a gut feeling!!!! And as far as docters go i don't trust them either cause they are only human and out for money!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by jmilici
I recieved my $300 tax check as well and I had to pay it back when I did my taxes. To me that is no tax break.

That's just your own fault for not having enough taken out during the
year. You need to readjust your exemptions on your tax paperwork
with your employer.

Actually FlyersFan I had to pay back the $300 in tax break I recieved. I claimed 0, had 1 dependant, pluse student loan interest and books. I walked away with $900 in returns after I had to pay that money back. If you do a little research you will see that I am not the only one that had to pay it back. If I claimed wrong as you claim I did I shouldn't have walked away with any money. So therefore you need to revise your theory. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I, personally, don't dislike him. But I don't like him being president. In my point of view, he has no clue what he is doing. Dispite all of the dispute with Clinton, what he did with the enonomy is a lot better than what Bush ISN'T doing.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFly5
No thats not it, all I'm saying is ,,,, Every president lies to the country , every president decieves us. If u say no u are a fool. We are in the middle of a war and those ppl over there thrive on weakness. If we take him out now they will see that as the ultimate weakness!!!! Where will we be then? And u really trust Kerry to do a better job?

True, it is the nature of politions to say what we want to hear. I do understand your fear of the apperance of weakness. Though personaly I feel that re-electing him would be a greater show of weakness.

If you will allow me annother annalogy.

imagin a boxer with 2 coaches. The boxer has great skill and strength but is being poorly coached by ohh lets say.. Don Knots. Now this fighter is still winning the match even tough he is not being coached well simply because he is naturaly more powerfull but because of the bad coaching he is taking some nasty hits. At the end of the 2nd round there is an opportunity to keep Don Knots as the coach or to replace him with perhaps not the primire boxing coach but at least a boxing coach who has some experiance. Would his opponent view the switch of an inteligent experianced coach as an advantage or a threat?

Wraith

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
as much as i hate bush as a figure, i dont think he's has much to do with all this. he is a slave, just like the rest of us, he is my brottha

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I just don't trust Kerry!!!! I am not for nor against any party. I am not a liberal..I just think we should pick the best person for the job!! Like I said before I dont like Bush and I dont agree with all his policies!! I think he is an ok president , that's it!!! I wish there was someone better than Bush and Kerry to choose from!!!! But there isn't so we are left with the bottom of the barrel. All i'm afraid of is when u change over hands there is a period of uncertainty and needing to reorganize and that is what Osama is waiting for!!!! We change hands now we become vulnerable and that could cost us more innocent lives!!! I dont think we still need to be in Iraq. i think we should have pulled out as soon as we got Saddam and let them run the country!!!I see your points and agree with some of them. This country is in poor shape right now and we need to fix it . I'm just don't think Kerry is the man for the job!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Pleas, i do not wish to upset you I am simply showing a way to view our situation. Your reaction is really quite facinating. So you are saying that you do not support Bush, but because of the uncertinty you would prefer that he remain in office out out of fear of what may happen?

There is a quote that I saw from one of Hitler's officers. Something like "If you keep the population in fear and uncertanty then you may act without their questioning your authority."

It appears that he was right.

Please do not take this as a personal attack, I am actualy very glad that you have brought up your concerns.. What scares me is the thought of how many others share them. And for fear of what may come they will not take steps needed to rectify the trouble that we as a nation are in.

Wraith

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

by wraith30
There is a quote that I saw from one of Hitler's officers. Something like "If you keep the population in fear and uncertanty then you may act without their questioning your authority."

I think you're thinking of Goerring:

"Why of course the people don't want war. But it is the leaders who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." - Hermann Goerring

Though this one from Goebbels sounds very familiar:

"This war is a defensive war. It was forced upon us by our enemies, who wish to destroy our nation. The only thing we cannot afford to lose in this war is our freedom, the foundation of our life and our future. No one has the right to complain about limitations on his personal freedom caused by the war."

- Joseph Goebbels, 1943.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I have to say that President Donald Rumsfeld is not one of my fav people. He is arogant, ignorant, self-centered, over-ambitious. He is doing what he is trained for though, fighting wars. Lots of wars. Long wars with lots of weapons. He doesn't care about other things.

Oh and about that guy you all refer to as "President", Bush Junior... well, I only feel sorry for him. Poor guy can barely spell his own name, he got thrown into this mess and he has no clue whats going on. He is good for a laugh though, poor misunderestimated man

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmilici
I had to pay back the $300 in tax break I recieved. I claimed 0, had 1 dependant, pluse student loan interest and books. I walked away with $900 in returns after I had to pay that money back

This is hard to do online, I can't see your forms ... let me see if I follow
you ....

You got $300 in a tax break. You got $900 more in tax returns.
Then you had to pay $300, but you kept the $900? Is that right?
So was the tax break $300 too high for your income level? I'm not
sure if I'm following what happened.

You have an income level of XXX. The taxable part goes down because
of exemptions, interest paid, student loans etc ... your 'adjusted' income
goes to XXX. Is this lower than what your adjusted income was the
year before? The tax break was based on what the income was the
year before.

Actually - tax break isn't the right word. It's more of a tax return
advance. It's really misleading for anyone to call it a tax break.
At least that's what I think.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFly5I wish there was someone better than Bush and Kerry to choose from

That would be a Guiliani vs Gephardt run. THAT would be nice!

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Actually - tax break isn't the right word. It's more of a tax return
advance. It's really misleading for anyone to call it a tax break.
At least that's what I think.

Ok I originally recieved $1200 on my return. But because I had recieved a $300 check from the government in June of that tax year, I HAD to pay it back. I then only recieved $900 on my return. I hope that makes sence. Maybe my wording through you off, maybe I should of called it a "tax return advance" like you said, but when I recieved it the terms tax break was used by the government. When I filed my taxes for that year even my accountant used the term tax break. I hope this makes sence now.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anthsbabe
Just wondering if anyone here actually likes President Bush and the positive things he has done for America. I know there have been problems, just wondering if anyone out there is on his side instead of Kerry's.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by John bull 1]

I liked him 'till he turned into Satan's baby.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It's evident from this thread that at least in one respect the Bush adminitration was tremendously successful -- they established the Rule of Fear. Just look at you guys -- "we are in the middle of a war", "it's not a good time to change the president right now". You are scared of your wits to be in the situation in which Bush and his clique put you, and look up to him as a saviour. The whole idea of starting this illegal war which squandered precious resources and lives of brave men and women, was to put you in the corner and make you worship the dumb@ass wartime president. So yeah, this is work of a genius. It worked.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
For me its nothing to do with fear, I just dont like Kerry and I do like Bush.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
The whole idea of starting this illegal war which squandered precious resources and lives of brave men and women, was to put you in the corner and make you worship the dumb@ass wartime president. So yeah, this is work of a genius. It worked.

Actually he's a sock puppet. Karl Rove is the mastermind. But you're right in the point you make.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Ahh yes, Curious George and A Dick with a big yellow hat.

Wraith

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by wraith30
Ahh yes, Curious George and A Dick with a big yellow hat.

Wraith

I like Wraith!!!

Oh yeah, did I ever mention Bush S%$KS, Kerry also.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Its hard for me to comprehend how Bush supporters are becoming more and more like lemmings in less than 4 years. How could Bush and company do it in that little time? How anyone can vote for this man to retain office is beyond words and shows just where this country is heading.

It sends a clear message that these very same people would volunteer to jump off a cliff or sacrifice their first-born child to fight an unsupported and meaningless war without any hesitation before opening up their eyes to what is happening right in front of them.

They have become a media brainwashed society that is more concerned with fitting in then dealing with the reality of a senseless war that is alienating this country while all the while spiraling it into a, you against me attitude.

If youre so gullible to believe that CNN, FOX and all those pro Bush stations are preaching non-biased facts with what they report, convinces me beyond a shadow of a doubt that I DO NOT want these very same people running my country.

Bush senior took us to war before Clinton came to office. Bush junior took us to war after Clinton left office, cant you miserable people jump off that cliff already!

And please jump without any hesitation for your savior Bush will be at the bottom waiting for you with open arms. And if hes not there waiting for you, please dont look behind you because youd be shocked to see hes the last one in line. But then again I dont believe for one minute you would be shocked or even know enough to look behind you, unless, youve been told by the messiah and his cronies.

Wake-up America!!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join