It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope makes first contact with astronauts in space

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I am catholic, much of my belief system is catholic

I am glad to hear it Jordan! I am Anglican (not Episcopal), of the stripe known as High Anglican or Anglo-Catholic, and so while I feel morally bound to speak out against what I see as bigotry, I lack knowledge of some things...
Vicky

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

As far as criminals suffering extreme guilt for what they have done..many have,but that doesn't render them exempt from doing punishment for their crimes.

Why should these germans be any different??

The lecturer I spoke of, and also the Pope, are not and were not war criminals! I am talking about essentially, children (Hans Momsen was, I think 12 years old), who were forced to join the Hitler Youth, to march, salute, and polish their shoes (you'd have to be there in his lecture to get that...) and who did not have any choice in the matter!
If you're childless or have kids under 10, it may be easy for you to say "They had a choice", but I have brought up 2 sons, and trust me when I say that a 17 year old male may believe he's a grown up, but he's really not! As for the 80 year old being ruthlessly pursued and just last week, convicted - you do know there's still doubt about his having been properly identified, don't you? (I don't support Nazis, I am not just pointing that out).
Here, we don't have capital punishment, and so I am at a loss to know what you'd want done to him! If Lt William Calley (the My Lai massacre, look it up) lived and thrived, and provably committed war crimes, then why the double standard?
V.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

If you think helping the poor and needy is dishing out a meal or two a day to the homeless ,in some areas...its not mine.

AFAIK that's definitely not all they do...
This is what I have found after a few seconds' with Google.. NZ Google is American by default, but there's probably a lot more, if I went to the 10th page of results... I entered "International Catholic Aid charities" and got "About 15,400,000 results (0.23 seconds)"
First result
Google doesn't know the difference between aid and AIDS

Google gives Yahoo results
Put your money where your mouth is
Vicky

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

If you think helping the poor and needy is dishing out a meal or two a day to the homeless ,in some areas...its not mine.

AFAIK that's definitely not all they do...
This is what I have found after a few seconds' with Google.. NZ Google is American by default, but there's probably a lot more, if I went to the 10th page of results... I entered "International Catholic Aid charities" and got "About 15,400,000 results (0.23 seconds)"
First result
Google doesn't know the difference between aid and AIDS

Google gives Yahoo results
Put your money where your mouth is
Vicky

My point is that many of those charities,are setup to make money for themselves ,and for tax purposes....and I stand by that.

Charities are one of the biggest scams going these days.

wow,you're such a nice christian vicky

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join