It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A small inaccuracy...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hi I'm new to this kinda thing, so please forgive me if I step on a toe or two. I noticed that in your description of the Greys that their origin is Zeta Reticuli in the constellation of Orion. This is false. Star names are based on a stars' home constellation, so if they were from a system in Orion, the Grey's home star would be something like "Zeta Orionis." The Greys supposedly hail from Zeta Reticuli which is a system in the constellation of Reticulum (based on the Hill case.) a minor constellation visible in the southern hemisphere. I am aware that some species of ET are said to come from the Orion region, but the system name would be different. I mention this so that we as investigators or interested parties in ufo phenomena don't come off as uneducated yokels.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
I mention this so that we as investigators or interested parties in ufo phenomena don't come off as uneducated yokels.

Oh the irony. That cracked me up soooo much.

I wasn't aware that there were documented facts of said aliens existence nevermind their location.

*attempts to stop laughing*

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yeah well... There is that, I guess I'm toooo anal. Even in my geeky pursuits. LOL

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Yes, you are right! That would be the case. Thanks for clearing that up for us, and welcome to the message board as well, by the way.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
Yeah well... There is that, I guess I'm toooo anal. Even in my geeky pursuits. LOL

Welcome too.

I wasn't being rude... But with there being no tangible proof of their existence at all i just found it quite funny that someone would make that point. I guess it all comes down to whether you believe.

Enjoy your stay.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
HIs point was not regarding any factual home base of alien life though. Plainly a correction of information we have from a famous abduction case.

He is clearing up some astronemy for us more than anything alien.

Cheers Kapitan! and wwwwwwwwwwwWELCOME!

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
For the open minded...

ZETA 2 RETICULI, RETICULUM FOUR

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Wouldn't the aliens probably call it something else something totally ALIEN to our pitiful human vocal eminations! lol

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Does anyone find it interesting that the "Greys" are supposedly from the constellation of Reticulum, and they have a fascination with our Rectums? Coincidence?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
i wonder if the eastern ufo websites post their alleged ufo symbols as western styled with some twists ?

kinda odd that isnt it , how those symbols look like letters etc , how many japanese words or asian words look like the english equivilent - so why the hell should an aliens ?

bull (cough)

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I think I should clear up my point on these hypotheticals. The basis for the origin of the Greys came from the famous Betty and Barney Hill abduction case. Betty Hill, under hypnosis, drew a map that was allegedly shown to her by one of her abductors. The Grey pointed to a binary star system and told her "We came from here." Another person, whose name escapes me, found a corollation by comparing that map to a human created map and concluded that the Grey's homeworld was located in the Zeta Reticulum star system. So yes, their name is totally derived from a human standpoint.
I have never heard any reference to any identification the Greys have made about themselves. For the record I wary of any evidence gathered by means of hypnosis.

[edit on 4-8-2004 by Der Kapitan]

[edit on 4-8-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Shouldnt humans be from SOL 3 instead of earth. If we ever contact another race a description like earth would not cut it IMO

[edit on 4-8-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm sure at some point we will need to specify our location in some manner like you profess. By the way I did some quick looking and the Hill map was interpreted by Ms. Marjorie Fish. Anyone interested (if you are unfamiliar with this) can read about the map at:
www.gravitywarpdrive.com/Zeta_2_Reticuli.htm

p.s. I can't believe I botched the spelling of "correlation"

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Does anyone know how many light years Zeta 1 or 2 Reticuli
is from our solar system?

Also are either of those systems a binary star system?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The Zeta Reticuli system is around 14 lightyears from earth and is thought to be a binary star system.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
There are actually some references that predate the Hills' case that allude to the homeworld being in Zeti Reticuli.....of course, they can't be proven/disproven as authentic, but so far, stand up to the test. In addition, there are many references after the case as well, so it is at least intriguing, to say the least.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Thanks Senshido!

A valuable link you brought there, mate!
Cya soon!!

HARAK.

top topics

join