It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

printing threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Is there a good way to print out entire thread discussions in a condensed form (no avatars, videos, lengthy quotes from previous posts, etc.)? Forums on some other sites offer this- and it really helps. I would like to engage in more of the discussions on this site, but I don't want to just repeat what's already been said by others. So-- what I like to do is read the entire discussion at my leisure and think about it. I find it easier when I can get a printed version.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Here is what i normally use when i want to read threads while on the can

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Reply to post by seaside sky

go on the mobile version m.abovetopsecret.com

you are limited to the recent posts list though

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
To avoid avatars just log out, but then you get the advertisements.
Just a thought.
Or copy and paste to notepad as it only supports text, maybe?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Thanks all! And very funny about the polaroid camera! Do you use that for your home security system too?

I can do it with the cut and paste - but obviously it's so tedious to do. So I don't. There isn't any real reason I can't just read on screen like everyone else- it's just that sometimes I do find it easier to study the content and discussions if I have it in a condensed version- and in print so I can mark it up a bit as I read. Some of the discussions on this forum are very involved, there's a lot of information- and in order to contribute much of value I feel like I ought to study it a little- rather than just posting impulsive reactionary replies.

Do you think there might be any plans for introducing something like that on this site? As I'd mentioned, there are other forums that do have that feature.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

edit on 22/4/2022 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Point taken about the waste of paper (I do recycle, though, and I don't care to print out huge volumes of stuff- just condensed versions of certain discussions that might only be a few pages if condensed enough).

Ah well-- I'll just read on-screen like everyone else, then.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
right click > print.
it's not really a big deal to have avatars and stuff if you just print in black and white.

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 05:52 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Ooooh good idea. I want to make a book.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 02:15 AM
link   

edit on 16-4-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

join