It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Analyze a Photograpic Anomaly

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanProdigy

We've already provided the moderator with the chain of e-mails long ago and he is currently scrubbing them for personal information.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

LOL, yep i did, i was too busy doing image comparisons...
heres more...
you can see the changes in the animated gif, and then by using an extract technique with the images you are left with the edited areas...(the grey picture)
you can also see compression artifacts thoughout the images.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8df8ba6d182c.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8542796b31b1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrganicAnagram33

We've already provided the moderator with the chain of e-mails long ago and he is currently scrubbing them for personal information.

Thats excellent. Thank you very much. I look forward to the outcome.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I see no reason for a personal email addy to be required for validation of a claim. To me, that is off limits. Period.

When anyone asks for an email, it creeps me out, not because I think like a criminal, but because I've had a computer for the past 26 years, pre-internet days, when all you had was a 300 baud modem and dial-up to a bbs. I've watched everything evolve. I've adapted, and stayed tuned. I run Linux OS, and when something sounds weird my "creep-o-meter" goes off. LOL, no I'm not a hacker, I'm retired.

We don't need email correspondence to solve this, really, whatever your best intentions are. Ask the mods to resolve whatever issues you have, but don't ask anyone to post anything personnel, in .pdf or otherwise. That's just not cool. Try U2U before you coax someone to post private information, for all the wierdos on ATS to see. I'm simply stating there are better ways to handle it.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

Nice one

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Okay, good to see the mods have it, and no "private" information is released. It's a peeve, sorry. My apologies for being so "brusque".

This particular thread could go either way, I'm still undecided. Let's see what transpires.....

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I would suggest the mods check public proxy addresses.

Not too tough to spoof IP and fake an e-mail dialogue.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Version100

Oh, come on!!!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hey OP, i live in Quebec, and im curious if you could tell me a little more accurately "where" in Quebec? Quebec city, surrounding towns? dans Beauce? If not too far, id drive by that house. A common design in the older homes in quebec region.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by missthinks

Oh, come on!!!

Just let them. Let these blood-suckers burst when they hit the truth-vein.

At the same time... it seems there is no way in hell to prove anything to these guys.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

Sorry to say.. but your pictures do NOT show anything special. So the only thing left is to say that you people are trying to hoax ATS.

That is the reality of it.

It wouldn't be the first time hoaxers had a back story, multiple helpers, and insisted their photos were real, and try to counter every person who said it was not real. Full of proxy IP addresses, fake e-mail dialogs, and fake backgrounds.... I've seen it all before.
edit on 22-5-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Oh, come on!!!

At the same time... it seems there is no way in hell to prove anything to these guys.

Are you out to prove something, or was this post, as titled, a request for help?

Please keep the name calling to a minimum.

Thank you

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

Here's a link that shows where it's located. (originally posted by makeitso)

www.panoramio.com...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanProdigy

Oh, come on!!!

Are you out to prove something, or was this post, as titled, a request for help?

Thank you

It was a sincere request for analysis, but it has received ample negative responses. I feel I have to stick up for myself, these are legitimate photos.
edit on 22-5-2011 by OrganicAnagram33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Thank you

You guys pretty much called him a liar and a cheat for 15+ pages and your now asking him to keep the name calling to a minimum?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mathoryn

Thank you

You guys pretty much called him a liar and a cheat for 15+ pages and your now asking him to keep the name calling to a minimum?

Mathoryn, please quote where I called him a liar and/or cheat??

Thanks.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Le Colonel

Here's a link that shows where it's located. (originally posted by makeitso)

www.panoramio.com...

haha, I thought that place looked familar. Im a mover-driver and when i saw your first pic, i knew i saw that house, before I read the text, then I saw Quebec.

Interesting image. not sure what it is. An interesting thought would be that a timeportal opened and the camera caught an image of someone in another time period at the same spot. But thats kinda fanciful thinking,

although i was thinking about several people taking images at once (bus tour) and maybe a flash from another camera off the windows might produce a flashed out image. however how that flash would be in the shape of a humanoid, is beyond me.

mysteries are fun

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What ever happened to good old fashioned conspiracy threads.

What ever happened to decent users?

ATS is in a steep decline and if I see much more of this, the ATS population will drop by one. I could sneak into Cheyenne Mountain and snap photos of hidden missile silos. But, guess what? You would see the same crap that you see in this forum.

"Those aren't real" "Nice photo-shop job of gi-joe toys close up" etc. etc..

Nice one guys... Very nice...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

Sorry to say.. but your pictures do NOT show anything special. So the only thing left is to say that you people are trying to hoax ATS.

That is the reality of it.

It wouldn't be the first time hoaxers had a back story, multiple helpers, and insisted their photos were real, and try to counter every person who said it was not real. Full of proxy IP addresses, fake e-mail dialogs, and fake backgrounds.... I've seen it all before.
edit on 22-5-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

Well, I don't know how there is any way to prove this to you guys then... everything I attempt to do to back up my claims and prove the photo is not fake is knocked down as fake.

I sent the e-mail dialogue to the mod almost 2 hours ago and he hasn't posted them yet. I'll send him a U2U. Even when he does, you guys are probably going to say that's fake to, I mean... there seems like NOTHING I can do. I am no hacker, or photo-manipulator, I am an arts-science student trying to show an interesting photo-anomaly to people to get some opinions and analysis. This has turned into a witch hunt. If people can hack to provide fake IPs and so on (which I do not doubt at all), there seems like nothing I can do.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Ok, so here is a image error analysis.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a80d887fae71.jpg[/atsimg]
image A is a forensic error analyisis of the original image as seen in image B (the one from the opening post)
as you can see there is no white areas around the ghost anomaly, it shows as a slightly darker spot, but there is no blocks or marks..
the way then software works, it picks up errors in compression from edited areas and highlights them in varying brightness.
as an example of how an edited photo would appear, i have included the image (image C) that solid007 edited to make it hard to find the edit...(he added light to the stairs and door way)
but as you can see the area on the steps where he made small edits is clearly show in the error analysis image D.
so at this point i would say if the original image was edited its a very good job indeed..
heres the site you can use to do your own comparison of the images
errorlevelanalysis.com...
edit on 22-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join