Turkey warns Israel over new Gaza flotilla

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Turkey warns Israel over new Gaza flotilla

www.google.com

Turkey on Saturday warned Israel against another act of bloodshed in international waters after activists announced plans to send a new aid flotilla to the blockaded Gaza Strip.

"It should be known that Turkey will give the necessary response to any repeated act of provocation by Israel on the high seas," Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said in an interview on NTV television.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Probably just big talk from Erdogan. But you never know... since last time Israel attacked the ship, they attacked sovereign Turkish territory, since it was a Turkish ship in international waters.

Let's say worst case scenario, Israel kills people on those ships again... well I think the worst Turkey is gonna do is call for sanctions on Israel, ban Israelis from their country or something like that.

I doubt they will go militaristic on Israel... or even give weapons to Hezbollah...

Turkey is NATO after all.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I'm a Turk myself and all I can say is that nothing will happen, since our current regime always just "warns." I'd be happy to see Turkey striking back and be proven wrong, but that's just my wishful thinking.

It has nothing to do with being afraid or something, I just merely think that our economy is not ready yet and we are economically not independent enough to go on a war with another country. Besides we already have one with the PKK terrorists for 30 years already.

Also worth mentioning is that Israel is our NATO partner... uncle Sam wouldn't really "allow" any war. Iran, China and Russia would be happy to see a war betwen NATO forces, though.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Turkey hasn't been nato since they sacked all their democractic leaning/nato generals, it's allah all the way, they won elections remember, how are those generals doing by the way?,,

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Would enjoy reading Turkey's export documents to Georgia months before the failed attempt to secure borders on upon the Russian front. As it was said behind closed doors. " does nato believe we are asleep! " .... sorry no obvious links provided for obvious reasons. But you could seek ir images of mobilized forces once the initial artillery begun to strike pro russian areas....from there on end...it was a no win situation.

edit: what has and will transpire is based upon what the obvious is

I assume your capable of comprehending the outcome. PfAWReBmxEs
edit on 21-5-2011 by musicbuff because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Good. And Israel should Warn Turkey in return:

You send that flotilla and what happened before will happen again.

I wonder how the US would react if Iran sent their own flotilla into Iraq... A little angry? maybe that their not respecting their diplomatic intersts? maybe that flotilla contains weapons. Maybe "humanitarian aid" is an excuse to smuggle arms into Iraq for dissident enemies of America....... This would be defended and that would be the end of it.

But for Israel? No. its not like Hamas - the terror organization - governs the Gaza strip....and its not like Israel asked kindly to ship whatever they have on the flotilla to the port of Ashdod first..... Nope. # Israel, we dont respect her, is what these pathetic assholes are saying.

If they wont respct Israel, Israel wont respect them.

If they wont respect another countries laws, and internal situations, then Israel has no obligation to respect them. If they jeapordize the security of Israelis by bypassing maritime regulations and possibly smuggling arms to Hamas who as we know makes great use of such weapons aganst Israelis, then Israel MUST respond in whatever way necessary to squash the threat..

Again, no critical thinking from the stupid, idiotic anti-israel crowd. These people simply do not think. They often self righteously ignore logic and end their demented posts with

"namaste"

to prove how righteous they really are.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Go ahead Turkey.... Poke the Lion.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

.....destined for the gaza strip. If they had unloaded whatever they had at the port of ashdod, nothing would have happened. But they didnt, refused, and so faced the penalty.

This happens worldwide but we never hear about it....unless it happens to Israel...and amazingly distorted to make israel look like the bad guy.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

Israel isn't a NATO member. Maybe by extension to the support that the US and UK give to them as allies but that's only 2 nations in NATO. As to a military exchange between Israel and Turkey. Israel can't compete without nukes.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Good. And Israel should Warn Turkey in return:

Who is Turkey and who is Israel, we are obviously not from your interpretation of reality.

gesture.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by Kemal

Israel isn't a NATO member. Maybe by extension to the support that the US and UK give to them as allies but that's only 2 nations in NATO. As to a military exchange between Israel and Turkey. Israel can't compete without nukes.

This is why it is what is , allow them to assume as such...it is what we do, if in doubt, review the post you quoted, They are a pure product of what a prior member had openly pointed out. " You are a product of your environment"

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It never stops, round and round it goes.

However, Isreal did cause an international incident, and no country can afford to be walked over like that ad infinitum. I think some Turkish commandos on board would be a wonderful idea for the Mossad with 9mm paint guns.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Which would be a provocation of war...

Do you get that ships are not allowed to dock at the port of Gaza without explicit Israeli permission?

Do you understand why that is? Do you know which government currently rules in Gaza? Hamas... Do you know that Hamas is regarded by all rational countries as a terrorist organization? Do you get that the claim of 'foreign aid' could simply be a ruse to ship in illegal arms? Do you now understand why Israel expects all foreign aid to go to the port of Ashdod first - to be checked - and then transported into the Gaza strip???

Understand, comprende?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by musicbuff

reply to post by intrepid

Woops, you're right, Israel is not a member of NATO. I always was sure that it was... thanks for correcting me.

Edit:

Do you know that Hamas is regarded by all rational countries as a terrorist organization?

Do you know that Israel is regarded by all rational people as a terrorist and illegally founded government?

@ below:

Originally posted by musicbuff
I am the last person you should quote or friend , i am not what you assume as my associate paid the price for her/his interaction. But ill make one thing clear. assume nothing..!
edit on 21-5-2011 by musicbuff because: nothing

Hahahah, really, no comment.

Come and join the darkside... we have cookies... LOL.

:')
edit on 21-5-2011 by Kemal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
reply to post by musicbuff

Woops, you're right, Israel is not a member of NATO. I always was sure that it was... thanks for correcting me.

Edit:

Do you know that Hamas is regarded by all rational countries as a terrorist organization?

Do you know that Israel is regarded by all rational people as a terrorist and illegally founded government?
edit on 21-5-2011 by Kemal because: (no reason given)

I am the last person you should quote or friend , i am not what you assume as my associate paid the price for her/his interaction. But ill make one thing clear. assume nothing..!
edit on 21-5-2011 by musicbuff because: nothing

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

So...a country legally created by the United Nations is regarded by *rational* people, as illegal???

Thats interesting logic.

I guess you could restate that sentence as

"all ignorant, irrational people regard Israel as an illegal state"

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

So...a country legally created by the United Nations is regarded by *rational* people, as illegal???

So a country created by the UN is allowed to ignore dozens of UN dictates to be proactive on human rights issue?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Kemal

Thats interesting logic.

I guess you could restate that sentence as

"all ignorant, irrational people regard Israel as an illegal state"

Israel was not created by the UN. It was created by a British Writ known as the Balfour Declaration.

The reason that people want to call it an illegal occupation is because Israel is in violation of the internationally recognized treaty that established its borders in 1967.
If it were not for the veto power of the USA in the security council of the UN, then this would be more widely known.

Ignorant is a powerful word.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
If they really want to force the issue with Israel can't they agree with Palestinian government about a visit by their navy guys? With guns etc. of course.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join