It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electric People....Electricity & The Body

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Tons of others' slider experiences...

www.amasci.com...

A great link that makes some sound explanations...

www.geocities.com...

And another story...

www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 13-10-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I can only wear gold, the higher the carat the better.
I have a question now, how many of you can feel the power of crystals and gemstones by simple touch?

Same here with the gold. I've been wearing 18kt for a while now. For me it seems the higher the carat, the more I can work with it metaphysically & the more comfortable I generally feel. Maybe it has something to do with the purity of its content.

As for the power of crystals, sometimes it takes a few seconds to a day to sense its energy. I noticed not all stones of the same kind have the same energy & power. I think it depends on the source of the stone & how it developed & how much it has been manipulated with.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'm really sorry that this has been moved to Paranormal.....it makes it appear as if this is not a real physical condition, when it is. There is NOTHING paranormal about it........I don't want a bunch of PMs about it being paranormal....it has nothing to do with the Paranormal. I work the late shift tonight and had just got up and read my U2Us and replied to the message that it had been moved, with a bit of a joke and an "Oh well" attitude, but on thinking about it, more awake...it's a bit like a smack in the face! It's not fake, nor is it an oddity...and it is recognized by many physicians in the medical community. I have contacted a Mod to see if it can be moved back.....
EDITED to add that "I" do not consider the paranormal fake, but many others do! Putting this in this forum....presents it to many people in the realm, to their thinking, with ghost, vamipires etc....it is a false representation of the condition!

[edit on 10/14/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This is a dicey one... It is a "paranormal" ability in that it is out of the norm, but it has been at least partially recognized by scientists and doctors, etc. Not my forums though, so I'm watching from the bleachers on this one...

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Reminds me of a BareNakedLadies song...
I can put a spare bulb in my hand, and light up my room.

Is there enough electricity to actually power things, or does it just throw other things out of whack?

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'm not at all self-important and do not really regard such events as entirely 'paranormal', but i do experience such things. However, I just accept that and dont try and find reason... I just take life as it is.

1. I will put out around 4 streetlamps on average each day as I walk under them. Ones that are off will even turn on. Whether there's a logical explanation or not, i'm not bothered... it just happens and that's all there is to it!

2. I was trying to shave one evening and everytime i leaned in towards the bathroom mirror, the lights above it would fade and flicker. If i moved back they returned to full intensity. I was so amused by this that I kept doing it repeatedly and rapidly, until i heard deafening crackling from outside.. sounded like rifle fire and i thought a war had broken out! went to look out my bedroom window only to be blinded by showers of sparks. There was a junction box exploding above my head. I got out of the house as fast as possible and at this stage a few passers-by were watching. All around my house, overhead cables just started dropping to the ground. Police soon showed up and called the electricity ministry. they were working on it for 3 days while i stayed at a friends. there wasn't any news coverage and once the work was done, the police and ministry just packed up and left with no explanation.

3. I walk into my bedroom to grab something, nothing in the room is on, even the lights were off. But all of a sudden the A/C turned on, the lights started flickering and various other appliances turned on. The radio turned on and was just recieving loads of static. (on separate incidences whenever i approach my CD player to change the track, the volume will act up.. and no, i didnt step on the remote!)... anyways, this stuff all stopped when i took a step back. took a step forward and it started again. I even left the room to get my dad to come and witness it. Stepped back into the centre of my room and all the events started occuring consistently as before. I repeated this infront of my dad, who didn't really have anything to say about it. He thought i should try divining or ouija board. I'd be too freaked out to do Ouija but might look into divining in the near future. I also tend to freak out all of my friend's dogs, they whimper and hide whenever i make eye-contact with them.

These are true accounts of events I have experienced. I am not in any way trying to make any claims. I don't feel any self-pride in such occurences and do not claim to be special, I just simply take them as they are. I have, however, experienced a great deal of emotional hardship and am very solitary, and feel that this might or might not have any influence with regard to these events. However, i do not view them as just coincidence, as I stated above, when these events occured, I tested them repeatedly and at different rates, and they would occur consistently with my actions. I even left an event to find a witness, and came back to have them occur consistently as before. I think that rules out any flukes...
Any comments are welcome...

[edit on 5-3-2006 by BloodBro]

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I forgot to mention in my post above, that in instance 2., my dad even switched off the mains to our house and the appliances in my room would still turn on whenever i entered that 'zone'in the middle of my room. Either seriously faulty wiring in my house or some certainly very strange, un-explainable, energy-related events occuring in my room. (maybe a portal of some sort or an energy channel??... haha. sounds ridiculous but i don't rule anything out unless i have proof of one or the other). Events 2. and 3. have only occured once and not since, but the dogs and streetlamp stuff happens on a regular basis.

I just read some other stuff on the net, and they seem to point towards stress levels and strong emotions. I can say that i feel this is the case. In my most recent SLI occurence... I was on a bus on the way home from having met with someone, and was extremely angry and full of emotion (family stuff). anyway, a woman who was getting off the bus just in front of me, all of a sudden just turned around and glared at me as if i had startled her in some way. When we got off the bus she started walking away and happened to be heading towards the same location as me. I was walking a few steps behind her, she reached a corner and turned left (the same direction i had intended to go), and when i reached the corner the streetlamp above me switched off. She turned around again and started walking faster. Along the way down this hill, at least 6 streetlamps turned off above me and the woman kept turning her head and eventually started running. I think she was either sensing something and got really freaked out, or she thought i was following her to mug or rape her. anyway i was actually walking home, but she happened to be heading in the exact same direction only a few steps ahead of me, i wasnt following her. the whole thing actually kinda creeped me out a bit, cos i was so full of hate and negative emotions, that i guess i was actually giving off vibes of some sort that did affect the electric fields arround me.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I don't know if this fits in with sliders or not but the comment about holding a light bulb and lighting up the room made me remember something. When I was in college it got very dry during the winter with very low humidity and my roomate and I had a very bad static electricity problem. I thought it might have something to do with very low humidity around 20 something percent on many days and the blankets on each of our beds. My roomate had a small desk lamp with 2 small fluorescent bulbs. Anyway he thought we were having lots of lightning at night until I asked him why he kept turning on the light during the middle of the night. We discovered all he had to do was shake his blanket on his bed enough to put a flying ripple into it and then his light would turn on for a whole minute or two. I asked him to unplug it and we discovered it already was. This light was about a foot away from his bed.

I had a real interesting time when the humidity dropped below 10 percent. I could actually hear the static electricity in the air and could just sit on my bed and zap the cinder block wall with each finger again and again.

Something I have been doing more recently which I don't understand is the following. I turn on a metal water facet with one hand and then touch the stream of water coming out with the other hand and get shocked sometimes just before I touch the water. Fortunately this doesn't usually happen too often but I haven't figured it out yet. Any explanations I would appreciate. Maybe faucet handles are nonconducting material but it looks like metal to me. I thought metal conducted electricity better than water. Since the water flows through the faucet pipes, it doesn't make sense to me.

As far as the post above about a guy following a female and she started running or walking faster after the lights kept going out, I'd probably think that was funny if I was watching. However I remember some wooden A frame billboards blowing over as I walked past them on one day and I started walking faster myself. When something strange seems to be following you, it can make you walk faster.

As far as getting shocked by touching water flowing out of the faucet, I decided the material of the faucet handle must be nonconducting metal or some insulator exists between the water and the handle. I believe there is an explanation for the slider effects as well but it hasn't been explained or explored enough yet.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hi, Good Subject...Well there is this one lady who does Psi tests where I do and she is the record setter there at Lotto. And, whenever I Instant Messaged her on-line my lightbulbs in my room would go out or start flickering. And, she was friends with another super Lotto player there who had actually won the Lotto before, and they couldn't talk to each other or email each other at all because they always shorted each other out, and both of their p.c's would crash. So, I would relay messages back and forth for them..lol. She crashed me out a couple times too. It could of been a virus but I dont think it was.

Because she had also told me about how her t.v. kept turning on and off without her physcially controlling it, and how her lights acted the same way as all of you have been describing. Plus her clocks and watches...and anything electrical.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
For some reason I thought about this thread after getting a bit of a shock today. I was looking at misc. items in Walmart. Then I walked across the tile floor to pick up an item in a box. I accidently touched the metal rack and then ZAP. I got shocked and dropped the item I grabbed. I'm trying to rationalize how I got zapped this time and the only thing I can think of is that the human body is very capable of carrying a charge around. I just don't know how I got that electric charge and why I didn't get shocked touching anything else in the store. Oh well, I can handle little static charges as long as they don't get painful like they did in college when I actually knocked out my roomate's tv. The tv picture came back on fortunately after a few seconds or he would have been a bit upset. I believe there are explanations for different stories but I suppose it hasn't been enough of a problem for too much study on this subject.

I have noticed when a thunderstorm was passing overhead, that metal objects connected to the wall or ground can get charged up and you definitely feel a shock if you touch them.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Reminds me of a BareNakedLadies song...
I can put a spare bulb in my hand, and light up my room.

I love that song. I've noticed the bathroom lights begin to flicker in the mornings and evenings when i'm tired, but those are the only times they ever do it.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
One of the reasons I still have a p.c., not far removed from a chalkboard, is that I suffer the lot. I'd be broke if I updated with every 'death'.

Computers die, watches die, weight and movement sensers don't sense me, my keycards only work for others, I interfere with reception of t.v. and radio, get 'zapped' by blue bolts traveling yards from a sourse that bothers no one else, and more...it's a right royal pain!

With me, clothing and footwear can make it worse, but nothing stops it when it's bad.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
That charge I got at Walmart was just the first. Apparently I can somehow build up a charge on the tile floors if I drag my feet slightly. I didn't think that was possible but it's the only thing I can think of. I got shocked like crazy with a bunch of tiny shocks when grabbing bags in the checkout area not too long ago. I think maybe the air is too dry in Walmart or someone let the grocery bags get charged up too much. I thought Walmart was supposedly family friendly but I have been having shocking experiences.
I haven't noticed the problem at other grocery stores.

As a side note, I do enjoy a good thunderstorm. It makes me feel all charged up and energetic. It's getting to be that time of year again.

[edit on 2-4-2006 by orionthehunter]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Ok so what is the deal with the WalMarts. I have gotten shocked so bad a couple of times that it makes my arms hurt for quite a while. This has happened at WalMarts in different parts of the country. Not like it is the same one. It happens every time I go into those stores.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Gazroc,Im in the club,after years or rather a lifetime of shutting out streetlight and OTHER lights I finally focused on one in particular bingo,it is doable with regularity.

I am willing to bet a million dollars that you can put a 360 degree camera in our cars,send us out at night on the same drive on consecutive nights and I will shut out lights and you may noe even be LUCKY ENOUGH TO DRIVE BY ONE AS IT RANDOMLY GOES OUT FOR A MECHANICAL REASON.

The same will go for the rest of us.

anyone else been abducted and implanted??

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
[edit on 16-2-2010 by one4all]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Anyone have an answer as to why all types of lights,NOT ONLY STREETLIGHTS go out when I am in their close proximity.I get the technical excuses some people are tossing out concerning the streetlights but we're talking all kinds of lights in my case.I also have a relative who sets off security sensors i stores all the time,maybe thats the same thing ,dontcha think??

Premise being that we are obviously different in some way,no question about it,then lets talk and find the similarities that bring us together. We are connected somehow in some way and it must be important.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join