It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electric People....Electricity & The Body

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
An interesting interpretation of what may be at work here, and one I've thought of...but not all such lights have sensors....some are timed. Regardless though, the fact that it can be directed at will, is indicative of some form of mental direction relating to a physical change in the environment, and for me, that was initially quite a revelation....

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I got the same problem with watches.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Have any of the people with this ability ever had the electro-magnetic fields around them studied or measured? Has anyone ever performed tests on this phenomenon under controlled circumstances? Seems like it would be a worth while experiment.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Thank you for the info on sliders, I will have to check that out after I post. I myself haven't noticed problems with street lights or watches, as I haven't payed much attention to it. I will start to now out of curiosity. What I have experienced was computer based. I used to work for TCI cable, which became AT&T, then Comcast. I worked in the broadcast section of the cable company. Specifically Pay-Per-View. We all thought it was a coincidence the first couple of times this happened. But after that, people treated me like a freak. It was beyond coincidence at that point.
In Pay-Per-View, we had two computer systems that ran the movies being broadcast out of the room. One was the primary system, and the other was the back up, in case the primary had problems, or had to be re-booted etc.. We had anti static carpet, all the bells and whistles to reduce static electricity, which is key in that business. Yet when I would go to check the play logs in the computer systems. If I touched anything near the computer, it would make the whole system re-boot. Which isn't good, becuase it would take 2-3 hours for the back up to be ready again, in case there was a problem with the primary feed.
I had no idea I was causing it, and we tried several different methods to stop it from happening. We even tried having me walk over to the computer, and release my "static charge" before touching it. I didn't even need to touch the computer. If I just touched the tray that was holding the keyboard, it would re-boot the whole computer system. It wasn't very long after that I lost my job there. I was probably too much of a viability for them. I wonder to this day, if they thought I was doing it purposely. :-)

Tom Sawyer

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I've always had that problem with watches, and anything with magnetic strips on them. you know, like ATM and crdit cards.. i always cause the strip to be erased, so i only deal with cash.. also, I can't wear any type of metal next to my skin, as it causes extreme discomfort and pain.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
hello.
I am just raising my hand to be counted here as a fellow SLIDER.

Amazing......when my emotions run hot...or extremely happy...well, i gues just ANY extreme I blow light bulbs all over.....and starter motors to YIKES! thats never cheap...I have to get at least one new starter every year for whatever car I am driving.

Gazrok thanks for the HOW TO info....I was working on the street light to no avail yet but I wasnt doin it the way you do.....now I have a new way to try, and Ill let you know how it goes.

I can touch a person and give them a good old shock. just by wanting to shock them, I can do this.....if I dont ~TRY~ to I usually dont throw a spark.

My son is 11 now and I am starting to SEE this (ability/curse) in him as well.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I am also one of the people that can't wear a watch. The metal ones stop and the plastic ones re-set to 1:00. I just quit trying the watch thing. Bulbs blow when I turn them on and they are quite brilliant to see. It was embarrassing for me at times because the people that know me instantly look at me when I walk into a room and the light above me goes out. It seems to happen when I am especially tired or stressed. I was eating lunch with my mother-in-law to be and the light hanging just above eye level at our table just turned off. She thought the light blew and I told her it was just me... it came back on in about 5 minutes. She told me that was strange. The lights in supercenters (flor.) go out over me as I look at items I just laugh and blame it on the balasts. A light in a church (can light) kept going off and on above me causing me to feel so embarrassed. Street lights go out about three or four at a time when I drive past them. I thought it was the heat from them kicking them until I noticed that it happened at different times and remembered that this was in a highly populated area with many cars in front and behind me. My mentality tells me this is not happening but reality tells me it does. It's just a normal thing I don't really become concerned about - it's just odd.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I've always had that problem with watches, and anything with magnetic strips on them. you know, like ATM and crdit cards.. i always cause the strip to be erased, so i only deal with cash.. also, I can't wear any type of metal next to my skin, as it causes extreme discomfort and pain.

Interesting... I've had similar observations. While metal against the skin isn't painful to me, I cannot sleep with it for some reason. I need to take off all such objects (watch, necklace, etc.) With the magno strip cards, I found that as long as the cards are held in the center of the wallet, with lots of crap receipts, business cards, etc. working as insulators, it seems to keep down the "erasing" problem (though over time, they are toast). Usually, I have to replace them at least once before the renewal date, sometimes twice.

When I was in college, I worked for a supermarket. I was a stock clerk, and we used a small handheld computer to do orders. I completely zapped three of these $500 machines, so then I wasn't allowed to use them anymore, and eventually had to dictate the orders to someone else pressing the buttons!

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
omg, I had no idea I fit into this category.

car starters, I never realized I could be the problem
watches always dying on me, didn't know that was me too, I blamed it on the cheap chinese manufacturers (oops)
light bulbs, we go thru light bulbs like rolls of toilet paper
and my credit card strip not working....hmmm

I never thought it was me, but after reading this thread, now I am beginning to wonder.....

great thread lady V

and I just notice the cell phone problem, I've had Nextel replace 3 batteries in 2 months because they all drained completely and couldn't be recharged, again I was blaming the company.

I have a totally new outlook on these type of things now. thanks again for bringing this up.

[edit on 10-12-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I have had this problem all my life.

-Watch batteries wear out in a week or two.

-some metal watchbands, especially the brushed aluminum-looking ones physically deteriorate on my wrist in a short time.

-Eyeglass frames corrode and fall apart, particularly inside the hinges. Even plastic frames have metal hinges . . .

I had a long talk w/ my MD about this (he teaches at a well-known med school.) His opinion was that unique chemicals in my perspiration were causing the problems. It is true that the soap residue in the shower (I'm the only one who showers in it) turns a bright orange after it dries---I use a soap with no colorants or perfumes.

Light bulbs frequently go out when I am the one who flips the switch.

Flourescent bulbs, especially old ones that flicker, will FLARE when I get excited.

I have to carry a pocketwatch, which looks a bit eccentric when I'm wearing casual clothes.

I have to carry my cell phone in my briefcase, to keep it away from my body. Otherwise, it will go off network and run down in my pocket.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yep, I too am afflicted with this. I call it "LadyV-itis", also known as "my wife the thread starter", heh.

Yep, not fail that she walk in the PC room SOMETHING is going to happen. She has to walk past the back of my PC (at the door) to get to hers, so I try to not have anything in process when I hear her get up. Makes me want to make a ceramic wall behind it, mod a PC case into a ceramic case, and have a ceramic wall between us (well, not the last one cuz her is perdy, lol).

I have, however, been trying to figure out how I could inlay some copper into her mouse and chair arms, running that to a ground. Just not sure how to go about it so that the smoothness of the mouse/arms case is kept in tact. Much the way static discharge tips work on aircraft wings.

Light bulbs? pphhfftt, we buy the cheapest there are - cheap/expensive they will all get blown in the same amount of time. I have noticed that flourescent bulbs don't seem to be too affected, perhaps is something about the the way they are not 'wires' producing the lite.

I am curious of one thing tho - what is in a cell phone that it seems to be impervious to electirc people?

Misfit

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Hey, I started SLIDER threads ages ago!

Anyhoo...

I have to carry my cell phone in my briefcase, to keep it away from my body. Otherwise, it will go off network and run down in my pocket.

I never even made that connection... I just recently got a new phone because of this problem, and started noticing it on the new phone too...but if it isn't on my person, I'll forget the damned thing.... What to do?

car starters, I never realized I could be the problem

Another coincidence? I had to replace the cylinoid (sp?) on a car three times, have always had alternator/starter/battery trouble with almost every vehicle I've ever owned. Most recently, my van (at around 25,000 miles) battery just "died" one day...and was unable to be charged, needed to be replaced... Man, that sucks...guess I'm doomed to repeat such car trouble.....

By the way, thought most would enjoy some articles on this phenomenon...

paranormal.about.com...

wintersteel.homestead.com...

An older thread I posted on....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's a CNN article (if you want to show others a credible news source)

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 12-10-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Hey, I started SLIDER threads ages ago!

Anyhoo...

I have a pocket that I keep mine in that is attached to my purse....it works fine, but my battery has be charged all the time

[edit on 10/12/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I got the same problem with not only watches but just about anything electrical. If I am mad a flip on a light switch it will blow, I have blown 2-3 in a day. I glitch video games, computers, etc.

I am glad to hear that me and one of my kids arent the only two in the world

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Check the CNN story... I felt so vindicated after reading that...

have a pocket that I keep mine in that is attached to my purse....

Can you imagine an Ogre with a purse???

[edit on 12-10-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
great links gaz, it's amazing that it took me so long to even realize that I was the "issue" and not the products that were malfunctioning. I kinda feel bad for bad talking and bad minding all those companies now.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Another observation...

How many of us SLIDERS are artists of a sort?

*raises hand* as does his wife.....

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
raises hands....i like to consider myself as an artist...a bad one, but an artist nontheless.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Unless you consider Martial Arts.....No

I couldnt draw a circle, sing or anything that could remotly be considered art

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Another observation...

How many of us SLIDERS are artists of a sort?

I am a professionally trained vocalist....I front a rock band, I can also draw.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join