It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US eases Iranian student visa rules

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

US eases Iranian student visa rules

[url=http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/20/us-iran-usa-visas-idUSTRE74J7B320110520?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews[/url]

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Friday the United States is easing visa terms for Iranian students here as part of efforts to support their aspirations for political change back home
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-5-2011 by benrl because: Link

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
With all this talk about attacking Iran and how they are our enemy, 911 connection, etc.

Does this make any sense? Could we be purposefully opening ourselves to an attack?

Or is it all kosher like the article suggestion to "aid" Iranian students, I can see maybe how getting a bunch of Iranian teens here could help the future of the US (indoctrination of youth to be U.S friendly)

I some How doUbt 2 years in the us could change a life time of anti-u.s. Sentiment though. It could go either way ie "wow their not bad" to "holy crap it's worse than we thought"

[url=http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hKQ_nYl3D1rn1svqLb-edDw50nrQ?docId=CNG.5449d35b30cae0a9c8d1371153c12502.5d1]www.google.com[/ur l]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
good, iran is not our enemy, islam is, iran was not founded on islamic beliefs, look at iran back in the 70s and 80s, it was one of the most powerful countries in the world, then islam came in and infested, what was once the powerful and proud land of persia, with their beliefs, law, and hatred. now women dont have rights, and they live in fear every day. iran really does need the worlds help, they clearly do not want islamic laws in place there, they want it to be like how it used to be decades ago, a land that was peaceful and proud of its herritage. look online at the comments about when anonymous was pondering with the idea of causing a #storm over there. people from iran were bagging them to help out. instead, the world allows these people to suffer as Islam perges the land and spreads its vial plague.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by coldbore

No American foreign policy in Iran is the enemy. If you don't remember the US helped overthrow their elected government and installed a dictator. What if a country did that to your country? wouldn't you be pissed? Iran has been pretty nice considering all the crap that the west has thrown at it over the years.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Let's bring the young adults here and then bomb their families at home. Sounds like a recipe for disaster and a setup to me.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by coldbore

No American foreign policy in Iran is the enemy. If you don't remember the US helped overthrow their elected government and installed a dictator. What if a country did that to your country? wouldn't you be pissed? Iran has been pretty nice considering all the crap that the west has thrown at it over the years.

Well Iran is not exactly well liked by its neighbors, so dont just think its the west and the US that has issues with Iran.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I have no clue why they have done this. It is known that Iran sends students to spy and steal Western technology. I don't see why the US would be facilitating that.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

It's pretty simple really......

the USA wants to mentor them in to starting more revolutions in Iran!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Is that the only reason hillary clinton is doing it because she or america can get somthing out of it what a joke she is

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is just to provide the CIA with people to turn into agents. They can be trained and sent back home to stir up revolution.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
with irans security at the nuclear powerplant its obvious why they want to send some here to learn some it skills

and then maybe it will be a little harder to hack them.

the iranian people are not our enemies er well some of them but their government is.

and the facts are iran funding hamas and hezbollah and their proxy wars in iraq and against isreal and the funding of islamic terrorism.,

hence the term state spnonsor of terrorismwith the iranian goal of reestablising the persian empire.

iraq and afghansitan would have not taken so long with out help and where do you people think that help came from?

iran,pakistan,saudi arabia opec oil and the drug and human smuggling.

they are just as bad as evil corporations and i am not talking about western corporations

people seem to forget mulitnation companies exist every where in the world.
edit on 21-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The source link seems to be broken... I offer these in it's place

www.google.com...

www.payvand.com...

www.sacbee.com...

Best I could come up with......

------------------------------

On topic.

I saw this and the first thing I thought of was how contrary this is to the media messages we've been receiving about our relationship with the country.

"Blow-back" seems a reasonable concern.

edit on 21-5-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
I have no clue why they have done this. It is known that Iran sends students to spy and steal Western technology. I don't see why the US would be facilitating that.

Right thats Israel's job.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

this link works.

also,

has anyone considered that many students in Iran are Jewish?

a friend of mine from Iran is a Doctor here in the U.S.

He is Jewish and went to school here.

the visa was a problem .....

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
www.reuters.com...

this link works.

also,

has anyone considered that many students in Iran are Jewish?

a friend of mine from Iran is a Doctor here in the U.S.

He is Jewish and went to school here.

the visa was a problem .....

Actually not that many anymore. Most of the Irani jews have fled the Iran

edit on 21-5-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Could we be purposefully opening ourselves to an attack?

You got it. This is how they do it without getting their hands dirty.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

With all this talk about attacking Iran and how they are our enemy, 911 connection, etc.

Does this make any sense? Could we be purposefully opening ourselves to an attack?

They probably want Iranian students to come to the US so US agents can indoctrinate or outright brainwash them with Western ideals so they could go back to Iran with a Western mindset and youth angst. It's not exactly hard to manipulate a weak mind if you're not from a well-off background and the US government dangles a large sum of money in front of you. The CIA does it all the time with underpriviledged people from all over the globe.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by coldbore
good, iran is not our enemy, islam is,

Islam is not 'our enemy'.

religious xenophobia is.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

They probably want Iranian students to come to the US so US agents can indoctrinate or outright brainwash them with Western ideals so they could go back to Iran with a Western mindset and youth angst. It's not exactly hard to manipulate a weak mind if you're not from a well-off background and the US government dangles a large sum of money in front of you. The CIA does it all the time with underpriviledged people from all over the globe.

So the CIA is responsible for US student visas now? wow, I did not realize there was this vast plot of university admissions departments working secretly with the CIA to get foreign students here for brainwashing.

Iranian youth already have a very western mindset, they certainly not like the typical Arab youth. The Iranians applying to go to college outside of Iran, desperately want out of Iran for a while. They are not doing it because they cant find an education in Iran?

new topics

top topics

join