It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Facing $4 Million in Fines for Selling Bunnies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Family Facing $4 Million in Fines for Selling Bunnies

biggovernment.com

I share details of another hare-raising story from the Show-Me State: John Dollarhite and his wife Judy of tiny Nixa, Mo., have been told by the USDA that, by Monday, they must pay a fine exceeding $90,000. If they don’t pay that fine, they could face additional fines of almost $4 million. Why? Because they sold more than $500 worth of bunnies — $4,600 worth to be exact — in a single calendar year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+6 more 
posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Why are corporate monsters like BAYER, MONSANTO, and Chevron allowed to "get away with murder",
while The Big Government kills off the little guy?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7cbd1d16f615.jpg[/atsimg]

Wow this is a fine example of how The Government is a
bloated beast that needs to be put on a starvation diet!

“The first thing (the investigator) said was ‘My name is so and so, I’ve been in the USDA for 30-plus years, and I’ve never lost a case,’” John recalled, continuing. “He said, ‘I’m not here to debate the law, interpret the law or discuss the law, I’m here just to do an investigation.’” biggovernment.com...

In other words, I am here from The Government, and we are going to screw you to the wall.

biggovernment.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
next thing you know, lemonade stands will be getting fines exeeding 2 billion dollars :/

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by coldbore

Girl With 'Illegal' Lemonade Stand Earns $1,838

To the OP I hope this is one case this guy will loose.

+13 more 
posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I don't see how the USDA has any authority if nothing crossed state lines?

I am also pretty certain the Constitution of the US has provisions for excessive taxation.

I am also pretty certain that the rule they cite must have other caveats, because there are commercial breeders that sell a lot more than $500 worth of rabbits, so the line quoted can't be the entire rule.

In my opinion, it is going to be some stupid little nazi thing like this that ends our US government. They will eventually pull this crap on just the right family, with just the right connections, and all of their perceived authority will go out the window and the people will rise up united. It is only a matter of time before their intimidation tactics don't work, and their bunnies come home to roost!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Great thread...

Just goes to show how the 'Land of the Free' is now the 'home of the DERANGED' that the people of the USA are putting up with this *BLEEP*!!!

UNREAL!

peace

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I am sure there is a story out there somewhere.

Oh - v v v v v v - Looks like some one found one already!

Originally posted by Evil3unnie

Girl With 'Illegal' Lemonade Stand Earns $1,838

To the OP I hope this is one case this guy will loose.

Yep far be it from TPTB to give the "offender" guidelines and let them time to comply!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Wow, getready,

They have a site set up and all maybe you can pass on your information.
I am not up to speed on the criminal aspects of selling bunnies in Missouri!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
More nausea inducing big gov at work. Makes me physically ill. S&F for getting me riled up lol..

2nd.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hi silo,

Thanks for your comments freind, this one just gets to me. The thought of some
"mental" government worker having it out for the little guy from the get go,
as is apparent in the story just boils my blood.

*bleep*

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Maybe said bunny farmers need to get ahold of the attorneys who handle the large corporations that didn't pay their taxes this year, or last, or the year before, or

I'm sure you get the point.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
i think codex alimentarius just flew past everyone's head.

nevermind bunnies and lemonade...

just go collect rain water and let the government know about it...

lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Did they have a licence to sell the rabbits?

A quick search returned this:

(3) The following persons are exempt from the licensing requirements under section 2 or section 3 of the Act: (i) Retail pet stores which sell nondangerous, pet-type animals, such as dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, gophers, domestic ferrets, chinchilla, rats, and mice, for pets, at retail only: Provided, That, Anyone wholesaling any animals, selling any animals for research or exhibition, or selling any wild, exotic, or nonpet animals retail, must have a license; (ii) Any person who sells or negotiates the sale or purchase of any animal except wild or exotic animals, dogs, or cats, and who derives no more than $500 gross income from the sale of such animals to a research facility, an exhibitor, a dealer, or a pet store during any calendar year and is not otherwise required to obtain a license;
Source

It looks like the problem is that they were selling more than 500$ worth of rabbits per year without a licence that would have costed them 10$.

The fact that they don't say a thing about licences on the article makes me think that this was the case.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Yeah I understand...those same tax attorneys that handle all of the corrupt politicians
as well. The revolving door of criminality in government...government by and for the crminals.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

An you may be correct, if thats the section of the code that this Nazi USDA
worker cited.

But think man, come on. I could find case after case where the big corporations are not
fined to the maximum. Why?

Why is Monsanto allowed to poision the whole entire United States food supply (barrring the little guy
organic famer) and they have a favored watch dog in The White House?

Please, tell me how thats fair or right?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yeah, I just read the entire post and that's pretty much what I came up with.
They forgot to wrap said bunnies in beurocratic red tape making them unfit for sale.
The area that shocks me is, there are areas of Kalifornia that some types just do not venture into unless they are part of a large armed party.
I'm sure Missouri is as bad or worse.
I wouldn't be surprised if folks start to come up missing if they show up with an alphabet agency badge and ill intent toward farmers.
What happens in Missouri stays in Missouri .

edit on 21-5-2011 by g146541 because: Missouri, Oklahoma, it's all the same

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

The illegal trafficking of bunnies is a grave and serious offense. These people should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Seriously, this is the stuff that the US fights wars in the Middle East over while ignoring the violence and drug trafficking that occurs at its southern borders.

The illegal distribution of cute, cuddly bunnies needs to stop. It isn't even Easter.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
reply to post by burntheships

The illegal trafficking of bunnies is a grave and serious offense. These people should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Yes, yes. Here here!

Well someone has to pay for the huge salaries of the likes of Michael Taylor and Tom Vilsack.

Someone has to pay for the Organic Veggies on the White House dinner table.

Who better than some poor lil bunnie lover who made 200.00 dollars in a year!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Bunnies can be an invasive and destructive species when they are in a large number. They can seriously disrupt local economies, and affect the well-being of the local population. They multiply rapidly without care for needed resources.

Bunnies and bureaucrats have too much in common.

Bureaucrats however aren't cute and cuddly and they can't take the competition.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
An you may be correct, if thats the section of the code that this Nazi USDA
worker cited.
Yes, that's what it says in the article.

Recently, the Dollarhites received a “Certified Mail Return Receipt” letter (dated April 19, 2011) from the USDA informing them that they had broken the law and must pay USDA a fine of $90,643. Their crime? Violating violating 9 C.F.R. § 2.1 (a) (1): Selling more than $500 worth of rabbits in a calendar year.

They don't mention that they were selling more than $500 (I always forget to put the '$' before the value
) worth of rabbits without a licence.

But think man, come on. I could find case after case where the big corporations are not
fined to the maximum. Why?
Because they can fine a million of small companies/families/etc that you do not know and get as much money as if they fine 10 large corporations from people they know.

Please, tell me how thats fair or right?
No, it's not fair, but precisely because of that people should know how to do things. If they cannot find that million of small companies to fine they will start losing money and they have to turn to something else.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join