It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To what extent are chemtrails a hoax?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
we all know who live in the cold winters what con trails are, we have them behind our cars every morning in below freezing temperature, Moisture turning to vapor in our car engines then dissapearing soon after. An airplane does the same thing up in a sky, the jet engine sucks in moisture and turns it to steam which soon dissapates behind a plane.
The anti-chemtrailers would have you believe a chem-trail is suposed to last across the whole sky- well if that was true why do chem-trails behind a car dissapate and not a plans???

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by djcarlosa

His reply was basically identical to mine.... so there is no excuses here... How about you obtain some reading comprehension skills then come back.

By the way, here is your quote:

Originally posted by djcarlosa
when will you people quote the whole sentence rather than cut out what helps your point of view

You said "you people"..... I am people....
edit on 23-5-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

so you grab the one point and run with it why not come up with a explanation to the rest of my post and not to nit pick but thats ecaxtly what you siad to me in another thread on this subject.
In fact anyone of you who can tell me why there are set times during a day when we see them and we don't the rest of the day ?

edit on 23-5-2011 by djcarlosa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1
we all know who live in the cold winters what con trails are, we have them behind our cars every morning in below freezing temperature, Moisture turning to vapor in our car engines then dissapearing soon after. An airplane does the same thing up in a sky, the jet engine sucks in moisture and turns it to steam which soon dissapates behind a plane.
The anti-chemtrailers would have you believe a chem-trail is suposed to last across the whole sky- well if that was true why do chem-trails behind a car dissapate and not a plans???

The level of scientific conprehension is staggerlingly low at times. Could you answer somevery basic questions

What do you think the temperature is at 35,000 ft or so, compared to ground level.
What do you think the air density is like up there, compared to ground level.
What do you think the the capacity of air up there, to hold water is, compared to at ground level.
Do you think a jet engines puts out a similar amount of water as you car engine?

You keep going on and on that contrails can not persist. So what happened to your other thread, where you claimed they did not prior to 1990?
edit on 23-5-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

...because the air is warmer on the ground than it is in the sky....................

The condensation from an aircraft freezes into tiny ice particles and remain that way because it is so cold. If it is a short contrail that means it wasn't cold enough to remain ice.

The condensation from a vehicle on the ground, if cold enough, will freeze into tiny ice particles but later melt because the temperature on the ground isn't cold enough. Most of the time it never even freezes...

This is basic science, and if you would have done any real chem-trail research you would have known this already...
edit on 23-5-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

WRONG!!!

OK, class. Let's review this "statement", and then see why it is incorrect:

....the jet engine sucks in moisture and turns it to steam which soon dissapates behind a plane.

Anyone? The answers are here, in this and many other threads, this is not a trick question.

Bonus points: The analogy used, not quoted above, to compare to automobiles is also flawed. Discuss.

edit on Mon 23 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I just wanted to put this out there too....

Ground level contrails....

Contrails form when the water in engine exhaust mixes with cold moist air and freezes. Normally you see this at 30,000 feet with jet engine exhaust. But in some parts of the world, these conditions can be found at ground level. Here’s a car leaving a contrail in Whitehorse, Canada.

Over time these contrails can spread out to form a haze that covers the area.

From a distance this ice fog (Seen here in Fairbanks, Alaska) can look just a like layer of cloud or mist:

Here the individual car contrails quickly merge into a single sheet due to their small size and large number. A jumbo jet obviously creates a much bigger contrail, something more like the building in the middle of the above photo. That’s why you get the more distinct white lines in the sky. And of course, at around 30,000 feet, it’s much more likely to be 40 below than it is at ground level – except for Alaska in the winter.

At the South Pole, they regularly have contrails at ground level:

Here’s an article from 1957 describing how these ground level contrails can persist and spread – just like contrails at high altitude:

SOURCE: contrailscience.com...

The reason I posted the entire contents of the source in ATS is because I know they won't click the link labeled "contrailscience.com"................

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

jeeze wizz, we get up to 50 below zero here in n-wisconsin and our cars con trails are dissapating within 15 -20 ft, i dont think, i know it isnt any colder up there, Go take a blood test with resuts of barrium and aluminum in the results and post it here-quit avoiding you are trying to turn people away from the truth
Air density! thats a good on --i might pee my pants, you are so full of denial

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

jeeze wizz, we get up to 50 below zero here in n-wisconsin and our cars con trails are dissapating within 15 -20 ft, i dont think, i know it isnt any colder up there, Go take a blood test with resuts of barrium and aluminum in the results and post it here-quit avoiding you are trying to turn people away from the truth
Air density! thats a good on --i might pee my pants, you are so full of denial

Have a read here, when the humidity and temperature is right, the contrails will even persist at ground level.

Why do you want 'chemtrails' to be real?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

well no surprise there the mighty weedwacker[cough] sidesteps or ignores that which he can't answer and i see that the rest of you are just as slow to answer what should be a real simple question whats the matter cat got your tongues?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

well no surprise there the mighty weedwacker[cough] sidesteps or ignores that which he can't answer and i see that the rest of you are just as slow to answer what should be a real simple question whats the matter cat got your tongues?

Provide the question and I will be more than happy to deny your ignorance with an answer.

Chemtrailers have yet to have asked a question that wasn't answerable/explainable by science, logic or reason.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

for those of you who can't be bothered to read the previous page i will post again in the hope that you can answer the question as to why
When i look into the science of contrail's and the condition under which they form one must question how come in the space of one year the condition's over where i live have changed enough to allow contrail's to persist for 4-8 hours to happen every morning and then 3 hours before sunset when last summer all summer long there was not one contrail that lasted more than 5 mins!
Also i question the fact that aircraft's throughout the time between do not leave persistent contrail's are we really to believe that the weather conditions are so predictable to allow contrail's to persist at the said time's of day.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I've already answered this. It's the difference between weather and climate. Do a little reading here since you obviously haven't the other several times I have explained this to you.

ETA: Have a read at itsawild1's thread, persistent contrails have been around since WWII.
edit on 5/23/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

What the deuce are you flapping on about, now??:

Did you send a "question" by mental telepathy, or something??

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

no you have not answered that question the time of theses persistent trails are as regular as a bus timetable as an hour after sunrise you see them for up to an hour then all you see are planes leaving contrail's that last 5 mins at most then 3 hours before the sun set's the planes go over leaving persistent contrail's again now how can the conditions be right at the 2x of day that trail's persist and not the rest of the day?
this is happening everyday where i live .

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

no you have not answered that question the time of theses persistent trails are as regular as a bus timetable as an hour after sunrise you see them for up to an hour then all you see are planes leaving contrail's that last 5 mins at most then 3 hours before the sun set's the planes go over leaving persistent contrail's again now how can the conditions be right at the 2x of day that trail's persist and not the rest of the day?

Well you do know that airlines use schedules too, dont you? So in a way, yes they do have a timetable.

Airports do not just have the same number of flights, just all day long. They have peak times for travel, that is in the morning, and then again in the evening. Some airports can have a lot of flights in the morning to start the work day, then not near as much in the afternoon, and then a lot of evening flights at the end of the day.

So it does stand to reason, when conditions are favorable for contrails and persistence, you will see more of them in the morning, and more of them in the evening

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

no you have not answered that question

Yes, that question was answered many times, even by me.

Me and other members have noticed that you are having difficulty reading. Do you have bad eyes? Is your computer screen really small? Do you need to make some adjustments? Please do fix your issue and come back...

the time of theses persistent trails are as regular as a bus timetable

That is because you are watching commercial aircraft.... which act just like buses and trains, they are on a schedule.

as an hour after sunrise you see them for up to an hour then all you see are planes leaving contrail's that last 5 mins at most then 3 hours before the sun set's the planes go over leaving persistent contrail's again now how can the conditions be right at the 2x of day that trail's persist and not the rest of the day?

This is such a simple answer that you shouldn't even have to ask the question...

Do you seriously think the temperature / weather conditions in the sky are constant? Do you not know the air moves around and changes? Do you know that not all jets fly the same altitude as well? Do you know how many factors there are which determine if a contrail persists or not?

You are asking the question as if there is only one temperature, one condition, and it never changes..... that is just wrong.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

That just sounds like the weather has been right for them to form in the morning and evening, based on the routes that go over your area. Sometimes similar weather patterns can persist for several days, even weeks.

Where are you?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

so you state and i quote
Do you seriously think the temperature / weather conditions in the sky are constant? Do you not know the air moves around and changes? Do you know that not all jets fly the same altitude as well? Do you know how many factors there are which determine if a contrail persists or not?
so how can the condition's be right at these two times of the day?
everyday?
you can't because it is impossible that the condition's are just right everyday at a set time of the day and anyone who claims otherwise is full of sh*t.
I would have more chance of winning the lottery with 1 ticket lol

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

jeeze wizz, we get up to 50 below zero here in n-wisconsin and our cars con trails are dissapating within 15 -20 ft, i dont think, i know it isnt any colder up there,

Did you also have over 70% relative humidity? That's what you need.

It does happen however, ice fog.

Go take a blood test with resuts of barrium and aluminum in the results and post it here-quit avoiding you are trying to turn people away from the truth

What is your barium blood level?
edit on 23-5-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join