STOP posting every earthquake!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+15 more 
posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
look people...i watch the quakes, too. i have an EQ app on my phone. so yes i'm interested in them but come on...do we really need a thread for every EQ over 5.0?

it's recockulous! it's like y'all are just posting stuff to get your post/flag count up. if it's under a 7.0, it's not really that amazing. and no...three 5.2's in 2 hours isn't special either. seriously...the new topics section has just become a spam box for meaningless EQs. effing annoying. no one cares that a 5.something hit somewhere. it just makes more garbage threads you have to weed through to find actual news.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Your not alone its pisses me off also seeing a thread on small earthquakes every half hour.
I mean do we really need to know about every vibration the earth makes

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
EQ 9.7 !!!! in my bathroom

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
OP Makes post worth noting.

Deletion in 5..4..3

On the nail man, it's actually frustrating. I mean ATS has a method in place to reduce duplicate threads, and pointless posts. But not a topic.

I think if enough interest in a topic is generated, then it gets its own forum, because that way 'they' can congregate!

They being of course a generic group, because this thread can stand for almost every recurring conspiracy.

link   
I had created a 5.5 in a the lavatory this morning ...

my wife insists it was more of a 7.5 accompanied by a sulfuric stench

did any of your App's pick that up

dam you bdb818888 you beat me to the potty humor
edit on 5/21/2011 by spoonbender because: whatever

link   
Perhaps anything from a 6. will do but anything under that is quite common

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
look people...i watch the quakes, too. i have an EQ app on my phone. so yes i'm interested in them but come on...do we really need a thread for every EQ over 5.0?

it's recockulous! it's like y'all are just posting stuff to get your post/flag count up. if it's under a 7.0, it's not really that amazing. and no...three 5.2's in 2 hours isn't special either. seriously...the new topics section has just become a spam box for meaningless EQs. effing annoying. no one cares that a 5.something hit somewhere. it just makes more garbage threads you have to weed through to find actual news.

Wait! There is something jiggling on my table.

I think I'll start a thread on it!

Oh no it is just a little jello.

Nothing to see here folks - move along.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

i think 6 is still too common. there's a couple 6's every week lately, almost all around japan. i would personally say that a 7 or better is news worthy. now if a 5.9 happens and hours later there are stories of toppled buildings and dead people...yeah...that's news worthy.

i mean...posting even every 6 would be like posting every time i shaved my beard: couple times a week and nothing spectacular comes from it!

i really wish the mods would make a rule that it has to be a 7 or better to deserve an all caps thread (or thread period). other than that, they can all go on the quake watch list. again...i'm interested in the quakes. i truly am. but i don't think a 5.2 off the coast of australia deserves a thread 3 times a week.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

How about we compromise on 6.5 because even that can do enormous damage if it's shallow

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
would farting under the covers be considered a mild to earth extinction level

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Was trying to read a thread about charmed life and then it all went blank..whats up with that...was info slightly too hot to handle on a reality scale and blanketed with some stupid IT rules and regulations...Lets face it, its not as if nsa was being attacked..so stop pulling short stop responses....okay !

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
i just felt a vibration!

Ima go make a thread. BRB.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

i think 6 is still too common. there's a couple 6's every week lately, almost all around japan. i would personally say that a 7 or better is news worthy. now if a 5.9 happens and hours later there are stories of toppled buildings and dead people...yeah...that's news worthy.

i mean...posting even every 6 would be like posting every time i shaved my beard: couple times a week and nothing spectacular comes from it!

i really wish the mods would make a rule that it has to be a 7 or better to deserve an all caps thread (or thread period). other than that, they can all go on the quake watch list. again...i'm interested in the quakes. i truly am. but i don't think a 5.2 off the coast of australia deserves a thread 3 times a week.

In many ways I agree with you, the problem is that as we have already seen a mag 6 (6.3) in the wrong place (new zealand) can be devastating. I certainly go along with not creating threads for mag 5+

I think there is some justification for posting a thread on a 6, but the criteria really should be the nature of the event, i.e. if damage was caused. A mag 6.3 at 500 miles deep under Acre in Brazil is not a threadworthy event, but the New Zealand one was.

The question is who decides?

What I may not bat an eyelid at might be OMG for someone who is less knowledgeable. You should bear in mind that this is the way people learn. Once someone has posted a few mag 6 quakes and gets used to this they too will only consider mag 7+ worthy. But there again you see it depends where they happen. A mag 7 in the Moro Gulf is a complete non-event as far as I am concerned, but a mag 7 in Mexico City or the NMSZ would be a biggie.

I have myself on occasion been a bit harsh with people posting mag 6, but I have come to realise that they do not know which are and which are not significant. I certainly concur with anything under a mag 6 being unworthy of a thread - unless it has caused significant damage - and they can.

Just roll with it. You don't have to read them, and for the most part I don't.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There is an excellent thread that has been long running here on ATS - All folks have to do is post on to that thread and discuss it as much as you like.

Those who wish to follow EQ information already have this very good outlet there is no need to create a new thread for each one.

Here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
How could you SUGGEST this?

!!!!OMG!!!!! anti drama thread sets off JELLYSTONE scaremongerers! THIS IS IT.....GET PACKING FOLKS!!!!!! AAAAAARGHHHH!!!!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

It's even more annoying when things like 2.0's are posted.
I agree though, too many EQ threads.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I would almost create a "negative news" section on ATS. Put earthquakes and murders there.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I agree. I call those types of people attention whores. They're fishing for S&F's.
GLP is even worse... there's twits constantly posting threads titled "***BREAKING NEWS!!! OMFG!! EQ IN SoCAL!!! PIN NOW!!***"...
then when you go into the thread you find out it was a 2.3

I wish these attention whoring weenies would stop.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ

Your not alone its pisses me off also seeing a thread on small earthquakes every half hour.
I mean do we really need to know about every vibration the earth makes

I guess that's better than being pissed on, unless you like that sort of thing

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There have been 2 million since 2011 started so everyone should know they are happening ever min. or so, so we really don't need to know about them unless they kill many people are cause severe damage...My take anyway....

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join