It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off-Duty Tulsa County Sheriff's Deputy Shoots Man Outside Apartment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Granted, this story won't change or shape global events. However, I find it very suspicious! I'm so tired of trigger happy cops not being held accountable! There is nothing to support his story. He "heard a noise" and decided to fire 3 shots into this man. The man wasn't armed. He simply could have been at the wrong apartment, maybe hurt, drunk, etc. I don't see a valid reason to take such an extreme action!

Here's the story: Off-Duty Tulsa County Sheriff's Deputy Shoots Man Outside Apartment

Miller said the investigation was in its early stages but that police haven't found a weapon on the injured man.

Clearly people stand on both side of this issue. I for one am sick of this type of stuff being acceptable. What are your thoughts?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Innocent until proven guilty comes to mind, in addition to holding off on the ATS olympic sport of the 100 meter rush to judgement. The investigation is in the preliminary stages, so your comments of being tired of this type of bechavior, and accountibility are a bit premature.

Let the investigation take its course and go from there.

Keep in mind each state has its own set of laws that govern use of force when it comes to a persons residence. The other thing to keep in mind is the fact the cop was off duty, which makes the situation a bit different than if he were on duty and in uniform.

Lets wait and see.
edit on 21-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Well unfortunately the victim of this shooting most likely won't get a chance to be "innocent until proven guilty". The cop had LOTS of other options. He was anticipating entrance apparently. Or had some sort of reason to believe shooting him outside the apartment was his best bet.

Remove the badge and I'm all about the 2nd Amendment but this guy showed careless action.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Off duty cop shoots home invader: slaps on the back and community hurrah!

Joe Teatowell shoots home invader: the off duty officer was too drunk after the party and appears to have been wandering into various gardens when a home owner mistook him for an intruder and shot him. The home owner has been charged with manslaughter and will appear in court on Monday.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Exactly! That is my point! No restraint was shown. Only the immediate and paranoid assumption that ill intent was at hand. This cop needs to receive the same punishment as any of us would. Stop the double standards and start punishing those in power when they don't act responsibly.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Hey can you do me a favor and give me a source link for the story you mentioned? I have googled it so I could use it but I can't find it on Google. I appreciate it!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Did the 2 incidents you just described occur in the same state?

top topics

join