It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London School Economic academic's claim 'black women less attractive' triggers race row

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I find this kind of reaction abhorrent, if someone, an individual has a particular preference it hardly makes them racist or prejudice. What makes this even worse is the scientist was merely publishing his findings from a study. If I said that I don't like a type of food, say curry, does that make me racist or am I merely stating my personal and individual right of choice.
When we start to give in to such pathetic sensitivism we are at the mercy of a reactionary society open to groups or people who have extreme prejudice. The confusion created by and within these groups is laugable, but also a worrying trend. In the UK we have a similar problem with a group called the UAF or united against facism, they use fascist techniques to hammer down groups who they deem as fascist, Madness!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

What exactly is degrading about this? I'm not really getting it.

I'll go back to what I said, is it degrading to men that I don't find them attractive? No, because I'm attracted to women. If someone doesn't find a certain race attractive overall, that's not degradation or racism, it's just their own preference for who they are attracted to.

This is really getting out of hand with people calling everyone a racist. I'll call you a sexist just because you are straight, or gay, it doesn't matter. If you don't find a certain gender attractive, you are being sexist by your logic.

I used to find black women and asian women more attractive than white women, but as I got older I prefer my own race these days...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
And then there is the fact that I find that black women have a stronger,more overpowering body odor that White women...I find this unattractive...does this make me racist?//Some probably think so...I just think it makes me someone who doesnt like stinky women

Yikes....may I ask what it is you are sniffing kind sir?

edit on 22-5-2011 by skindoc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
How is it racist to say that in general black women are the least attractive of them all? Do a survey with black men, if they really had a choice, most would pick a white woman. Just look at rich black men, they usually have white wives...
edit on 22-5-2011 by blackrain17 because: I'm half joking, don't take it too seriously...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
No offense OP but you're forgoing reason for reactionary emotion.

Objective statistical truth can never be racist.

Your psychological weakness is your inability to confront the truth; such weakness led to women being burnt at the stake and Galileo being put under house arrest.

You talk about humanitarian respect on the one hand and on the other you encourage the death of truths. With all due respect, you don't know have the slightest idea what you're talking about.

Then again, I wouldn't expect anyone with a "Che" avatar to know what they're talking about. You do realize that he presided over the Cuban firing squads and implemented labor caps for dissidents, gays and AIDS victims? You may as well have an avatar of Hitler.

edit on 22/5/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I have studied the psychology of attraction and whilst there is a general set of rules for attractive features in women such as a large chest (subconscious recognises this as good for child bearing) and men also such as a strong build (to take on the role of protector) there are fatal flaws in the studies, for example individual preferences that are perceived as out of the ordinary (such as liking scrawny guys or girls with small chests, to reverse the above) do exist.

Similarly cultural differences are often overlooked, such as some cultures having preferences for obese women and the like. Another flaw is that personality is often overlooked in evolutionary theory and how that contributes in modern society (where people will get to know one another before they meet and see the physical attraction such as dating sites, as opposed to back in the day when physical came before emotional).

Psychology of attraction is very flawed in my opinion and the theory i have outlined above (evolutionary theory) is only one of many, so I wouldn't take these results as fact as they probably only apply to a small amount of the population. I do not think they are particularly racist, the study would be flawed in the first place if there was any subjectivity as anyone who has done basic research method knows that objectivity is key, leave the opinions at home. Now if i was going to say my personal preference for women it would most definitely be the opposite of this study, being a caucasian male; caucasian women would probably be low down in comparison with other races for me.
edit on 22-5-2011 by thefirstrasta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

so since i happen to find dark skinned girls more attractive, does that make me a racist? my wife is black/vietnamese. i am physically attracted to her because she is not white and i find dark colored skin to be more attractive than white skin. so is that an outrage? am i a horrible, racist, bigot?

I AM a white man so i MUST be racist.

oh and im a republican too, so i must be the most racist, redneck, hypocrite that ever tried to kill the elderly and make money off of the sick!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light

so since i happen to find dark skinned girls more attractive, does that make me a racist? my wife is black/vietnamese. i am physically attracted to her because she is not white and i find dark colored skin to be more attractive than white skin. so is that an outrage? am i a horrible, racist, bigot?

I AM a white man so i MUST be racist.

oh and im a republican too, so i must be the most racist, redneck, hypocrite that ever tried to kill the elderly and make money off of the sick!

You are certainly showing that you're not following the light. My views are as clear as day light while others are as dark as night.
edit on 22-5-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
When did this have anything too do with white people or racism,the man who carried this study out is japanese and at least has the balls to ask every race intimate ?? on attractivness,also what hasnt been said is the fact that each race also had to rate themselves and guess what folks,black women rated themselves the highest,so mybe thats racist in itself ,ohh i forgot it cant be,it would only have been racist if white women rated themselves the highest.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I used to not be attracted to black women, but about two years ago, I met a black girl and fell in love with her. We didn't end up together, but I must say that now, all I want is black women. I suppose it's true what they say.

All I can say is if they find black women less attractive, then fine. More for me!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Everybody is very quick to jump the gun without seeing the actual data. Is there a link to it?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This is total Bs! Only brainwashed people believe all black women are ugly. I have no problem getting a man of any race. My beauty is a blessing from God and is of super model status and I am a black woman.

Racism is so played out...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
"According to this study, in the opinion of others, in general, black females aren't as attractive as other females of different races."

It's the gist of what the guy was trying to say, and if the study was true, completely not racist. It's just like saying black people in general, percentage-wise, have more abortions and more cases of herpes than any other race. Quoting statistics isn't racist. Numbers & math aren't "the man".

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

imo black women are way more gorgeous then any other race and im a white guy

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Why is it that any opinion of black people is automatically labeled as "racist"? The political correctness has run a muck. GET OVER YOURSELVES!! You really aren't all that anyway.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
At the end of the day who bloody cares?

If you're stoking the fire you don't look at the mantelpiece, you get me?

All looks the same once its bent over.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I hink coloured people are gorgeous generally. As a 'race' I'd have to say the British and the Germans as the most unattractive.

Having said that, it's whats inside that counts more and I have seen some beautiful 'bitches' (id you excuse me) and some ugly but special and wonderful people.

I'd rather get to know the latter. Thats why California is a place I cannot stand. Most there are so plastic and shallow and wheneer I've gone there I can't wait to get out again to the real world.

People on ATS believe there are aliens on earth. They might be right - they all are in California.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I really dont see the big deal with this.. Everyone has a different personal opinion on who they find attractive, why get mad when someone else has a different opinion then you, like really I would like to know why it matters..

Im a white guy who finds every single race attractive.. I myself prefer black and asian women over white woman, so according to you I would be a racist for singling two groups out and classifying them as more attractive to me..

Dont get me wrong I love my white woman too BUT If I ever had to choose one I would choose a black girl hands down.. why? IDK why and neither do you, I find black girls extremely attractive and I could care less what anyone else thinks about that.. Obviously we all think differently and thats good, diversity is the key to survival..

So please enjoy whatever man/woman you prefer and dont pay any attention to anyone who challenges your thoughts, we are all animals and we cant control our lust :]

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
I hink coloured people are gorgeous generally. As a 'race' I'd have to say the British and the Germans as the most unattractive.

Having said that, it's whats inside that counts more and I have seen some beautiful 'bitches' (id you excuse me) and some ugly but special and wonderful people.

I'd rather get to know the latter. Thats why California is a place I cannot stand. Most there are so plastic and shallow and wheneer I've gone there I can't wait to get out again to the real world.

People on ATS believe there are aliens on earth. They might be right - they all are in California.

Wow. You be da stoopid.

Besides when did the British and Germans become a race, lol. Telling me you can spot a French/German/English/Scottish/Italian woman in a line up? Doubt it. But good luck to ya.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It sounds like the academic has been called out on shoddy research before. I would have to see the demographics and sample size of his research and the subjects of said test. You could have a photo of a really ugly Asian girl for example and a very hot Black women and it would throw the results off. I am guessing it was skewed to achieve the result he desired. Since he has been accused of poor research before, I will not give him the benefit of a doubt.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join