It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London School Economic academic's claim 'black women less attractive' triggers race row

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
A lot of the black/White angst comes from the fact that for hundreds of years,black men were told that White Women were off limits...something they could not have,often on pain of death....tell anyone they cant have something,thats the 1st thing they want....black women know this too...lots of anger out there

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
LOL

how is this racist because people do not find someone attractive? I love asian women, dang! I must be rascisct to every other person out there! White/black/whatever else! damn, I'm so sorry world.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

This is just outrageous.

Would have to agree 100%.... totally disgusting! We used to have a saying when I was younger.

"beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder".

Sure there are ugly black women but there are also many many attractive ones! Just as with Caucasian women .... we have all seen "shocker" white women!

To be straight to the point whether a woman is ugly or attractive has nothing to do with race. All races have beautiful and ugly people! It is to do with the combination of features and dominant/recessive genes of the parents! When the right combination is put together ..... Bang! Race is irrelevant! This "Dr" seems to have missed a basic scientific point!

"Even white boys got to shout ..... baby ......."
edit on 21-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
reply to post by No Retreat No Surrender

Thats becoming more and more prevelant in American movies and TV also....they are pushing an agenda of mixed races...

You are totally correct. It is an agenda, by the liberal media. They are not trying to be politically correct they are trying to restructure your beliefs. it is what liberal the mass media does. I actually have to laugh at their transparent attempts to change my thinking. The real tragedy is that it's working on our kids. Your job is to educate them to think outside the liberal media box. Resist the mind control !!!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Black women are equally as attractive as white women.

Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance.

It is racist to question Obama's elligibility.

Blacks have exactly equall IQ's as white people (but they are better dancers).

All short comings of Blacks can be attributed to white racism.

Happy now!?

Is this really what academic discourse has come to in the 21st century?

edit on 21-5-2011 by JohhnyBGood because: spelling

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MIDNIGHTSUN

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by MIDNIGHTSUN
... those people are not angry mobs, they're activist who do not support degradation of another human being.

Not quite. Because of one thing you can be sure. If a study find white people less (anything) than black people, there are no activists screaming outrage and calling for sackings of the messenger. Racism only works one way.

Indeed I will go so far as to say that there ARE such studies that have found white women less attractive. Its just that we've never heard of them because they didnt get international criticism.

I think any study that said any group is unattractive is a outrage and should not be tolerated. It is not one way. If it is one way than you are speaking of the elites social engineering plan. I don't tolerate anyone being degraded as a human being.

Huh? But it's not degrading... I personally find very pretty black women to be attractive, but at the same time note, that not many of the ones I have seen have been. So, no, the race as a whole isn't unattractive, but on average, in my own personal experience (meaning the people of color I have met in my life) haven't been as attractive as other ethnic groups.

There is nothing racist here, just a personal opinion backed by a data set of my own personal experience. I've dated black women before, and I'm sure I would in the future, however, this doesn't change the fact that I don't find the lot of them attractive. I don't see how this is anything other than personal taste... completely non contingent of the actual race, and only contingant apon the people I have personal experience with.

Stop grasping at straws to turn a nothing into a something....

In other words, there are plenty of white people I find unattractive, It's just that I've been around many more white people that I would consider attractive.... how is that racist?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

I agree with you all because from what data they have collected from various sources that set an average people are screaming RASCISM. Now if it said black women on average were more attractive than white people we would have silence. Grow up people, just grow up. There's a problem cause you make it a problem. You know, I wouldn't care if someone was rascist towards me, infact people attempted it all because of my Polish genes but you know what, I couldn't care less. Now if I was attacked physically, I could understand but seriously ...

Words are words, get over yourselves.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
And then there is the fact that I find that black women have a stronger,more overpowering body odor that White women...I find this unattractive...does this make me racist?//Some probably think so...I just think it makes me someone who doesnt like stinky women

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

A lot of the black/White angst comes from the fact that for hundreds of years,black men were told that White Women were off limits...something they could not have,often on pain of death....tell anyone they cant have something,thats the 1st thing they want....black women know this too...lots of anger out there

You know, cuz there is any single person alive for hundreds of years...

I hear what you are saying, I believe there are people who subscribe the your chain of thought, they belong in the same camp as the reperations people...

Not all white people where slave owners... Yet we all have to carry the burden? Baseless point remains baseless.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

Nope, you are definatly a rasicst if you do not find black women attractice, most definatly ... I am so sorry sir but you MUST find them attractive or be classed as a rascist but hey, you can hate on those white people if you want, it's cool.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291

Nope, you are definatly a rasicst if you do not find black women attractice, most definatly ... I am so sorry sir but you MUST find them attractive or be classed as a rascist but hey, you can hate on those white people if you want, it's cool.

The amount of satire in this thread should be toned down... while we are at at, your individual personal taste should be squelched in leu of national pride and conformity. It's the evening of an old age, on the brink of the dawn of the new god loathing amerikkka, anything you say or personally believe is wrong if it doesn't cooberate the official memo's.....

Welcome to the fringe my friends... Happiness for one and happiness for all, may we all prosper in our prearanged marriages, our child limits, and our outragously high energy costs....

THIS IS FREEDOM!!!!!!!!

(FOR SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

Now if it said black women on average were more attractive than white people we would have silence.

No there would not be silence! If that was the statement made then that would be equally as racist!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by David291

Now if it said black women on average were more attractive than white people we would have silence.

No there would not be silence! If that was the statement made then that would be equally as racist!

It still wouldn't be racist. Not only that, but -- we don't have any political white power groups that get any airtime anymore... and as such, the ship wouldn't go as far... ultimately casting it dead in the water.

Still though, who you find attractive isn't racist or not. It doesn't cast your views of the other race at all, other then to state that you aren't sexually attracted to them. Nothing wrong with that, as we don't control who we are attracted to, this is all done subconsciously by way of geneology....

Unless you are saying, my DNA is racist? Have we gone to far?
edit on 21-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

And then there is the fact that I find that black women have a stronger,more overpowering body odor that White women...I find this unattractive...does this make me racist?

Body odor come down to a few things not race.

A) The bathing and hygiene habbits

B) Type of food and drink consumed

C) Whether they smoke or drink alcohol

D) Weight

E) Other ingested and absorbed chemicals and substances in their particular environment

F) If they are on certain medicinal drugs

G) Vitamin deficiencies

H) Personal grooming. Do they use scents/perfumes. Do they shave underarms etc etc

Does it make you racist? No! You just need to look at the reasons for body odor beyond race! For instance if you don't like the odor of a certain woman because she eats a certain food that makes her sweat smell a certain way, then the dislike comes from the food. It is a cultural difference not racial difference. Race & culture are two different things. People of different races can share culture! We are all humans with the same body makeup so any difference is related to culture and environment!

No you are not a racist! Just understand the real reason you see it that way!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
what counts in beauty is symmetry, we have a deep rooted genetic disposition to favor symmetrical faces because it implies health, and thus breeding success

I'd guess the faces they used for the black women were less symmetrical and it threw the data

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

reply to post by No Retreat No Surrender

Thats becoming more and more prevelant in American movies and TV also....they are pushing an agenda of mixed races...

Break down any social strata that can be perceived as a possible threat.

Once all nationalistic and racial ties are broken those that remain as a single, unified,
group will dominate.

It is happening right before your very eyes.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bladerunner44
Get your head out of your rectum. The world evolves to select that which is desired for whatever reason. Darwin was right. Put 5 people on an Island 3 men one white, black and Aian. And 2 women one white, one black. Guess who the men will want to breed with first. That's reality. Political correctness is useless because it attempts to restructure reality. Sorry reality won't go away no matter how many people protest it.

Don't leave us in suspense, who?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I find some races of people more attractive than others. Does that make me a racist?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
I find some races of people more attractive than others. Does that make me a racist?

No...but I don't see why anyone should care either. People discriminate all the time, that ought to be common knowledge for most. Why do we need to study it in other words....? It's like having an academic institution bring up a study about the preferences between vanilla and chocolate icecream. I'm not sure about that one, but I prefer chocolate...Nonetheless...why should it matter?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
To those of you speaking about odor, it reminded me of something that was told to me when I worked at a certain place where whites were the minority... one of the black coworkers asked me why white girls smell like wet dogs when we got wet?

Do you think I could go to complain to the Union about that one....? Hell no, I couldn't they'd have just looked at me funny and laughed... I was highly offended especially since when I get wet I smelled like aquanet since I used the crap out of that stuff until I was told about how bad it was for the environment, Point is I was offended, and there wasn't $H!T I could do about it. I ultimately left the job as 3/4 of them were racist POS's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join