It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the religious prophets were just crazy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
How many times in the past decade have psychotic #s claimed to be the "second coming" and got mocked on news reports across the country? A lot.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
I ask that question a lot. Especially to people who are really set in their ways. I say "how come a couple thousand years ago if God spoke to someone, that person was cherished and now if I said God spoke to me you'd say I should be on medication?"

Think I ever got an answer? Nope. How does anyone know if God speaks directly to me or not? Maybe I AM a prophet, but I'm just not allowed to tell anyone till I've been instructed to do so. Maybe I just over slept this morning and I forgot to start the Rapture in the first time zone. Let me have my coffee quick, I've got some work to do.

Real easy answer....

In todays world we are conditioned to assume that "hearing voices" means you are crazy... Yet, what you find out is that most successful people have a very rich self-talk that goes on.

Thing is you don't have to accept any theology of someone to understand that the inner voice speaks to us and tries to fathom the existential experiences of our world.

It's not as simple as "oh they are crazy"... Genius comes to us in many many forms...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join