It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd place for a quake this size

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Magnitude 5.2 - NORTHERN ALASKA
2011 May 21 08:33:21 UTC

Magnitude 5.2
Date-Time

* Saturday, May 21, 2011 at 08:33:21 UTC
* Saturday, May 21, 2011 at 12:33:21 AM at epicenter
* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 65.369°N, 166.891°W
Depth 19.2 km (11.9 miles)
Region NORTHERN ALASKA
Distances

* 12 km (7 miles) N (351°) from Port Clarence, AK
* 19 km (12 miles) WNW (282°) from Brevig Mission, AK
* 28 km (17 miles) WNW (297°) from Teller, AK
* 896 km (556 miles) WNW (282°) from Fairbanks, AK

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 4 km (2.5 miles); depth +/- 0.7 km (0.4 miles)
Parameters NST= 22, Nph= 25, Dmin=52.2 km, Rmss=0.64 sec, Gp=108°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=2
Source

* Alaska Earthquake Information Center
Geophysical Institute, University of Alaska Fairbanks

Event ID ak10237914

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

I thought that was very common?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
What is so odd about that?
And to add an earthquake "this size" is perfectly normal and happens somewhere on the planet everyday..
This is not a big earthquake!
You make a statement in your title, but your thread is just a copy and paste of some eq information, with nothing else.. Not even an explanation..
Very weak thread I'm afraid..
edit on 21/5/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
And to add an earthquake "this size" is perfectly normal and happens somewhere on the planet everyday..
You make a statement in your title, but your thread is just a copy and paste of some eq information, with nothing else.. Not even an explanation..

the fact is he brought it to the attention of people that don't watch usgs site daily.....
but anyway what do you want him to lecture his beliefs and say random junk that makes no sense.... like i have seen so many times that keeps getting S&F

maybe if people didn't hack on those that throw out info for people we would get alot more credible info if if he post is short or improperly formated ......

all i see is a post that is not full of meaningless banter ... any way i am done....

it's outside the normal fault locations i thought it was interesting where is was located when i pulled the map up when i woke up

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411

the fact is he brought it to the attention of people that don't watch usgs site daily.....
but anyway what do you want him to lecture his beliefs and say random junk that makes no sense.... like i have seen so many times that keeps getting S&F

maybe if people didn't hack on those that throw out info for people we would get alot more credible info if if he post is short or improperly formated ......

all i see is a post that is not full of meaningless banter ... any way i am done....

it's outside the normal fault locations i thought it was interesting where is was located when i pulled the map up when i woke up

You misunderstand my point entirely..
The title of the thread says odd place for an earthquake this size.. Then in the thread there is no explanation as to why it is in an odd place..
If the title said 5.1 (or whatever it was) earthquake in Alaska, then I would have skipped passed and went to the next story..
But the title made me open the thread, which contained only useless information to me..
So it was infact one of these useless thread with no information other than a USG of a small earthquake which is perfectly normal..

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Why would it be unusual for there to be an earthquake in Alaska? the Seismic history shows plenty of activity in the area. maybe the "magnitude" is an equipment malfunction, or maybe somethingr eally heavy and dense hit the ground nearby. Maybe it was HAARP. Who knows ?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411

You misunderstand my point entirely..
The title of the thread says odd place for an earthquake this size.. Then in the thread there is no explanation as to why it is in an odd place..
If the title said 5.1 (or whatever it was) earthquake in Alaska, then I would have skipped passed and went to the next story..
But the title made me open the thread, which contained only useless information to me..
So it was infact one of these useless thread with no information other than a USG of a small earthquake which is perfectly normal..

well if you simply click the link provided and click the map and view the maps you can look into it everything you need the OP provided... you just don't have someone spoon feeding it to you .. you actually have to dig a bit

top topics

join