It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya accuses NATO of causing humanitarian crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Libya accuses NATO of causing humanitarian crisis

www.cnn.com

Tripoli, Libya (CNN) -- Libya on Saturday accused NATO of causing a humanitarian crisis after airstrikes targeted the government-controlled port in Tripoli, saying the attacks have limited movement of supply ships in and out of the country.
The claim by Moammar Gadhafi's government comes after NATO said it struck Libyan warships that had been targeting its ships, disrupting the flow of humanitarian aid.
NATO warplanes have been pounding military targets since March as Libyan forces try to quash
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
NATO targeting ships with humanitarian aid?
NATO airstrikes violating the UN Resolution?

I find this a little shocking and I guess I probably should not be that shocked. Situations out there continue to pick up and seem to only get worse and worse. The agenda behind it all sickens me. What is everyone's thoughts on this? Support or no?
It seems as if the battle between Gadhafi forces and the rebels continues to get bloodier. How will this end? Can you paint us a pretty picture? Because I sure as in hell do not see one.

www.cnn.com

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
the world ends in 10mins.

no problem.

who know's what to believe.

god will sort us out.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
the world ends in 10mins.

no problem.

who know's what to believe.

god will sort us out.

Hahaha

Good one there mate.

Ill see you tomorrow and the day after, like everyone else in the world. (except those who actually die of real things in this world)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

It's sad..
NATO could end it quickly if they wanted to..
Obviously they wish it to drag on..

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by theUNKNOWNawaits

NATO targeting ships with humanitarian aid?
NATO airstrikes violating the UN Resolution?

I find this a little shocking and I guess I probably should not be that shocked. Situations out there continue to pick up and seem to only get worse and worse. The agenda behind it all sickens me. What is everyone's thoughts on this? Support or no?
It seems as if the battle between Gadhafi forces and the rebels continues to get bloodier. How will this end? Can you paint us a pretty picture? Because I sure as in hell do not see one.

www.cnn.com

'Not in my name'!

How will it end? Evil will confront evil and the meek shall inherit the Earth.

As with all the other ME 'popular uprisings', all out war between 'western forces' and fundamental islam. Question for me is, who will 'eastern forces' back?

Second question for me is; what 'side' is the POTUS on?
edit on 21/5/2011 by teapot because: add

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Gaddafi has an arrest warrant put forth by NATO so I'm guessing if he were assassinated it wouldn't really matter.
When you have a rebellion in a country what would a government do? Obviously they would try to crush the rebellion but instead we got NATO helping the rebels instead!
Imagine, if we had a rebellion in the USA or the UK, the government would simply crush the rebels. No intervention from NATO then

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Of course there would be no intervention from NATO in that situation.
When you turn things around and it is the US or Israel we are talking bout. Then it is a whole different story and the reactions and actions of NATO and others is different.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

First there is no accusation that NATO have targeted humanitarian vessels, only that the destruction of the port has made it hard to proceed with logistics methods which were being employed before, like the docking of food carrying boats, and so on. The accusation that a humanitarian crisis is being caused by NATO action is a bit rich, when you consider the crisis caused by Libyan government forces pounding civilian targets with cannon, and destroying entire towns full of citizens.

top topics

join