It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd noise coming from Essex County NJ area now!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
About 445a a strange noise emitting and rooting from somewhere over or near Essex County, NJ has been going on with no clear indication of source or origin and as of 521a is still occuring.

Anyone in the vicinity of Newark, NJ please report!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Update :
Mystery noise appears to have subsided as of 523a.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Sorry Bro, I had White Castles...My Bad.
Line

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
not newark but i live in essex county burbs. been awake since 5am and i did hear something around my block but i'm pretty sure it was either
1) street sweeper truck
2) mosquito fogger truck

didn't bother to check both rather common after the amount of rain we got this week and the earlier predictions that today was going to be around 85 and sunny although those weather predictions changed so we should see showers today too

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I'm not in NJ but I have lived in Teaneck and the Ramapo Mountains area. Could it be the Picatinny Arsenal one county over in Morris?

I currently live in Orlando about 3 miles from a Lockheed-Martin defense plant. Years ago when it was a Martin-Marietta plant - I heard a deafening-roaring noise and ran out into my backyard - my neighbor also ran out of his house [he being an engineer from the MM plant] The noise WAS coming from that direction- and it was DEAFENING. Standing 5 feet apart we were yelling at each other at the top of our lungs and could barely hear each other. The entire area appeared to be 'covered' by a dome of bright white light.

It lasted about 15 minutes, then went away. Of course nothing was ever mentioned in the news - and it was never heard again.

What sort of 'noise' is it?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I'm not in NJ but I'm just curious, is that the same humming sound like low pitch thunder that was reported a couple of months back in NJ?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Did you post a video with this sound on youtube? Someone did....I'll try to find it again

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Here it is....same area and same date....is this your video?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

did a youtube search and found another from a different user

and another from him

i dunno like i said i was awake at 5am, live 20miles away from jersey city and heard something from my room too but didn't think much of it.
maybe armada of street sweepers or mosquito foggers could sound the same?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I live in Union county, I didn't hear anything at all.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Typically Hudson County is so quiet that from Jersey City Heights where I live you could hear traffic on Tonnelle Ave and The Pulaski Skyway during the overnight. This noise was like a rolling noise that dominated everything.
edit on 21-5-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Wow these sounds are so strange. The video of the mosquito fogger was curious but you can obviously tell when the sound passes you and disappears rather quickly. And the street sweepers are easy to identify when you live in an area that has them. I have been listening to many of these noise posts and they all sound the same. They also do not sound just like a pipe release because these sounds, if you listen very closely have different tones, almost like a Morse code or something......my imagination takes me to cloaked ships overhead......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The problem with noises like sweepers or other vehicles is there should be some kind of Doppler effect because they're in motion, even if a few streets over. These noise phenomena intrigue me but I haven't heard anything like it in my area. Of course, I'm only a few miles away from the airport and there's an Air Force base right next to it, so loud rumbling noises go over my house almost constantly, so I probably wouldn't notice it unless I was outside and it was constant and long enough to make me take notice. The giant military cargo planes that fly over my home are low, loud, obnoxious and impossibly slooooowww, so their noise lasts quite a while when they go over.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What was heard was not street sweepers or any ground vehicles as the sound dominated the entire area. A Stratofortress and an Apache could've been flying low and both would've gotten drowned out.

Initially I thought it was a couple of rail trains passing through Western Hudson County but the sound was too consistant and targeted to be that as we do have a tremendous amount of rail activity in the region as alot of trans must go through this area when passing into New York and the rest of The Northeast Corridor.

edit on 23-5-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I know what you mean. When I heard it, the sound stayed constant for almost 45 minutes.....something moving down the street would vary in volume....this stayed steady, then simply stopped, as if someone threw a switch.

new topics

top topics

join