It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture is not occuring as scheduled!

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by guitarist
OOOPs we missed it,

All the sinners of every religion didn't get raptured. How sad for those fools.

i don't believe in that crap so i wasn't going any where but on my normal routine.

But then again all religious people are all hypocrites, liars, thieves, and then a percentage are rapist and murders and then say we did this for God or God will forgive me and hide behind their fake religion to keep their phony fate alive.

It would of been a great day if all religion was raptured off this planet, it would solve a bunch on our main problems, which all religions cause.

But i guess the feeble minded need something to occupy there time and lack of self being.

Absolutely brilliant lol!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by nowhere2hide

Actually The origin of Rapture False doctrine: John Darby 1830 AD, the rapture was never thought before 1830, one very big warning to those that are falling through the years for this very modern concept.

Throughout the decades after the invention of the doctrine the followers has been scanning the bible trying to link the rapture, as usual the misinterpretation of the bible by religious leaders has opened the a can or worms.

In modern times Doomsday Entrepreneurs are very deceiving finding links of modern events to the bible to show those that believe that the end of days been prophecy is been fulfilled, this people are schemers by profession.

You are correct.

The rapture hoax got promoted in mainstream evangelical circles with the release of the Scofield Reference Bible published in 1909. It included the rapture story in the study notes and no one bothered to challenge the hoax.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by timelike

The best way to understand an issue that has gotten so big for people to actually die for, is to research and read how the hoax got started.

Yes people the Rapture doctrine is big hoax and very modern compare to the birth of Christianity, behind the whole doctrine was tthe creation of fundamentalism and attract believers and the faithful, with a new idea that they were going to be taken away if they became born again christians and renouce to their old christian believes.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Exactly, no wonder the bible, new, Mormon, adventist, modern and revised versions has been circulating to fulfill the many ramifications of Christianity personal needs.

Nobody understand that all modern bibles has been redacted and changed from the originals in many instances the wording is completely changed.

The excuse given is to match modern vocabularies this opened a can of worms as anybody now can interpret the bible and change the wording to fix their needs.

One reason we have so many christian denominations

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

The best way to understand an issue that has gotten so big for people to actually die for, is to research and read how the hoax got started.

Yes people the Rapture doctrine is big hoax and very modern compare to the birth of Christianity, behind the whole doctrine was tthe creation of fundamentalism and attract believers and the faithful, with a new idea that they were going to be taken away if they became born again christians and renouce to their old christian believes.

The best way to understand the phenomena is to understand some elements of human psychology; this need to believe in myths and create imaginary friends to who are better than other peoples imaginary friends! We live in an age of science and reason, and quite frankly anyone who gets conned into believing this kind of rubbish deserves to be dupped! Religion is just an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and is fully treatable.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Just so I don't seem dumb, I wasn't refering to the history of the teaching of the rapture idea.
Just commenting about the misguided fools who go one step further than just believing crap and try to date it and get attention, William Miller being the first to get attention (that i know of, I'm open to correction) when he tried to date the end between 21st March 1843 and 21st March 1844.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by timelike
Religion is just an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and is fully treatable.

Actually, it's more like a cult. The same people who share cultish behavior, tend to be devout religious fanatics as well.

But I will disagree with you on your last point....I do not believe it is fully treatable... the human mind won't allow for the "god" to NOT exist.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I feel like hell after that incessant trumpet blowing last night. Think I might die if I don't get some peace and quiet.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Atheism is a fundamentalist religion with all the negative elements and nothing positive. That is why atheists swarm about in Christian circles casting aspersions. It is part of their warpped doctrine of negativism. They have nothing to live for except to cast stones at the believers.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

That's why it pays to simply be agnostic

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Please, I never even hint any idea of you been dumb at all, my friend, I am sorry I should have clarified that I wanted to go a littler bit farther than William Miller, you are absolutely right on your post.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Worlds of illusion, not reality.

Predictions are created to make us think ahead. What are we missing? Living as we should, in the present!
The past is a memory from which we learn, the future a dream, and the present moment the only true reality.

I am not saying don't learn from the past or explore the coincidences. Curiousity is good, to question is healthy, to investigate, explore, experience is beneficial but to over focus on something takes us away from the present moment unless the actions in that moment would help us create a better future. Our own energy source is like any fuel we should be careful how and when we use it. Use it wisely. Never wait for the world to end, live life to the full without harm to others.

Peace and Love.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

That's why it pays to simply be agnostic

I have no problem with agnostics. They are still on a spititual journey, as are we all.
All the best in your journey

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by peacefulwarrior3

Predictions are created to make us think ahead. What are we missing? Living as we should, in the present!
The past is a memory from which we learn, the future a dream, and the present moment the only true reality.

I am not saying don't learn from the past or explore the coincidences. Curiousity is good, to question is healthy, to investigate, explore, experience is beneficial but to over focus on something takes us away from the present moment unless the actions in that moment would help us create a better future. Our own energy source is like any fuel we should be careful how and when we use it. Use it wisely. Never wait for the world to end, live life to the full without harm to others.

Peace and Love.

True words of wisdom.

BALANCE in all things!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Atheism is a fundamentalist religion with all the negative elements and nothing positive. That is why atheists swarm about in Christian circles casting aspersions. It is part of their warpped doctrine of negativism. They have nothing to live for except to cast stones at the believers.

WHAT???
That makes absolutely no sense. Atheism is by deffinition, the rejection of a belief in any god or deity and all the crap that goes with it. It cannot be in any way described a fundamentalist.
As far as not offering anything positive, lets take this example.

Where did we come from?

Religion: God did it. No more questions or you'll go th hell.

No Religion: Investigate understand the world around us, learn about the wonders of the universe we live in. Ask more questions, understand more, make life for ourselves and future generations better through our new understandings.

Pretty much every scientist that ever lived has been atheist (the good ones anyway) it's only recently they're comfortable talking openly about it (aparently people are more openminded these days).
If it wasn't for people questioning what they're brought up to believe, we'd still be in the dark ages.

On the subject of athiests debunking the beliefs of the religeous. Personally I find it difficult to see some otherwise intelligent people I know believe some frankly rediculous things, so I question them, try to help them see that they are living their lives based on a bunch of bronze age ramblings about an invisable man in the sky and his son, eveidence of either person is yet to present itself.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

You're right. And it wasn't worth the argument (here anyway) to prove the point.

But in some ways, roman also made one valid point....often times, some professed "atheists" will go and hound christian or other religious fronts to the point of absurdity.

For my part, if someone WANTS to believe in it (yes as frustrating as I too know it is), let them....often it gives them comfort and sometimes people need that in the face of nothing else.

Not all need this level of assurance, but some do....worse things could happen. However, it's when the religious aspect that forces it's way into OUR lives where I take exception... ie., where it creates WARS that *I* have to pay for and would never sanction....where it invades on my personal LIBERTY (because some sycophants think we should ban certain images that reflect reality) ..... anytime it encroaches upon MY own decision to NOT believe hence not be held accountable to those things only a believer would.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It's amazing how even in this day and age a prediction like this still can find legs. This crap has been spouted for thousands of years with absolutely no evidence of even a rumble. Can we move on now and try to educate the next generation a little better?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nowhere2hide

...On the subject of athiests debunking the beliefs of the religeous. Personally I find it difficult to see some otherwise intelligent people I know believe some frankly rediculous things, so I question them, try to help them see that they are living their lives based on a bunch of bronze age ramblings about an invisable man in the sky and his son, eveidence of either person is yet to present itself.

You prove my point...we call it "prosoliting". Attempting to change ones religious beliefs. The non-belief of atheists IS a religion in every way except offering a reason for living.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Agreed, I am agnostic. I do not discount the existence of God as there is no evidence either way. For me this is a separate issue from religion which is clearly little more than a man made controlling device.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by peacefulwarrior3

Peace and Love.

All nice harmless stuff, but is there a point to your statements apart from the obvious?

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join