It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says Europe 'stealing Iran's rain'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Why do you say that? I live in a desert in the US and all the water here is provided by infrastructure. Iran has plenty of money to do the same thing.

Iran has little money. Before nuclear power was put in place Teheran had rolling blackouts. The people stealing the oil-profits, however..

So? What's to stop the government from building the infrastructure if they have all the money?

The government does not hold the big money, individuals within the government hold the big money. These individuals do not hold Iran's interests at heart.

It's governments that go to war so if there were to be a threat of water war as you suggest, given a choice between building infrastructure and going to war, why not build infrastructure?

Nice argument but no cigar. Your argument rests on the notion that all water shortages can be solved via the method you put forward. And it also rests on the notion that nations do not want to go to war.

And Iran can probably sell all the oil they want to to China even if the US and UK don't want to buy it.

It's not Iran that is doing the selling, it's individuals who have somehow made themselves boss over the oil supplies.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Ahmadinejad is a ridiculous fool, but I know that many of the apologists don't want see that. Anyway, I've got news for you Ahmi, we currently have a severe drought here in Europe. I guess the US is stealing our rain.

Ya, that's it!

Those darn Yankees are using HAARP to steal our rain!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Thats fantastic. Members of the opposition in Iran have been arrested for sourcery and witchcraft, and now Ahmadinejad claims that western nations are employing weather Mages? By what method does he believe this is being achieved exactly , short of ritual chanting and the judicious application of divining rods?
Utterly bonkers. Just straight up mad. Good luck to him, this is the best laugh I have had in ages!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I beleive him!

Then again, the penguins are stealing my sanity

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
making it rain

heres technology that facilitates natural rain production, and is currently employed in the UAE amog other places.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
I'm always suspect of any english translation of this guys speeches and comments from most MSM outlets, US or otherwise.

With that said, if this is true....WOW. Step over Best Korea. Iran's Ahmadlooneyjad is bat# nuts and might be taking Kim's heat.

Hardly, though his politics is undefendable, and he's running a harsh slave pen for the annanuki and harming the children, but he is stating facts.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

reply to post by Arbitrageur

Sometimes, smart people find themselves in positions of overwhelming pressure. They can't really say what they want without resorting to religious ideals as to appeal to the masses. I'm not saying that is the case with Ahmadinejad per sé but it has been the case with people in positions of power or positions with a lot of exposure.

Mostly this is done by academics to at least get their findings out to the people. So again, I will say you can disregard all the religious rhetoric, what it comes down to is this:

The next war will be the case of 'water war,' President noted.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

As important as speaking to the audience may well be, if in order to communicate , one must obsfucate and utterly refute reality, and insert an augmented reality, overlaid with sensationalism and intellectualy decrepit fantasy, then ones reasons for communicating in the first place are flawed .

If one cannot speak plainly and realisticaly to a group of people, then one should not speak at all. One should seek to enlighten a people , not clog thier minds with ever increasing weights of untruth and melodramatic prattle.

Most half way respectable world leaders, have to show thier work, and explain thier position using facts and figures. Ahmadinejad seems utterly determined to discredit himself in the eyes of anyone with two neurons to rub together, and I hope there is great shame among his people, that they could have allowed such a liar and a half wit to control them.

At least the liars that run other nations are usualy fairly smart, but Ahmadinejad consistantly proves how much of an idiot he is by uttering the sort of nonsense he allows to fall from his mouth. He should shut his mouth before it gets him in trouble. I thought Bush was a psychological train wreck, but if Ahmadinejad can stoop to such waffle as this, then he takes the title as the worlds most powerful moron.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

If one cannot speak plainly and realisticaly to a group of people, then one should not speak at all.

I don't agree. The scope of "realistic" is broad in these cases. Stealing rain is nasty wording, because it automatically makes all kinds of alarms and bells go off ; "Nutcase!".

Whereas the reality of a war being waged for water still exists. "Stealing rain" becomes deflection.

One should seek to enlighten a people , not clog thier minds with ever increasing weights of untruth and melodramatic prattle.

Agreed.

I thought Bush was a psychological train wreck, but if Ahmadinejad can stoop to such waffle as this, then he takes the title as the worlds most powerful moron.

That's the thing. He has close to zero power. However, the West is made to believe he does while the real business is the supreme leader. Ahmadinejad is a heat deflector.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

It is not only him. Don't forget the head Cleric openly stated that indecent dressed women caused earthquakes. They were letting some of their hair show. This is a place where women are too dark they are accused of letting the sun hit their skin even if its in the privacy of the own home. Can and have been forced to undress to check for suntan lines. IRAN has a large population being ran by a bunch of lunes.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I realise that he is not the sole seat of power in the nation, but he has a responsibility to his people to participate in intellectualy sound speaking, and logical , reasoned debate and dialogue with his people, the ruling groups in the land, and with the international community. Vomiting up some disgracefuly badly worded guff, even allowing for interpretation, does not cut the mustard.

reply to post by redrose123

I agree with your statement about the dreadful state of the leadership of Iran, but I think it would be drasticaly improved if they prevented people who talk rubbish from taking office there. The utter tripe they blather in the ruling class there is second to none for buffoonery and making the government look foolish.
Although things here in Britain are not fantastic where our government are concerned (i.e. we dont have a government who do as they are damned well told by the people, and thats wrong, and they make gaffs, and steal from us a lot) at least when a person makes an enormous gaff here, they do so having at least used effective terminology, and with at least a modicum of respect for thier own parties, and a deep wish more often than not, to avoid if possible , bringing the entire system of governance into disrepute over a simple matter of intelligence.
Well... appart from Boris Johnson. Hes a pillock. Hes a laugh, but a pillock.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad is crazy..no doubt...

interesting article

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join