It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did you discover your abilities?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock saint
anyways, thats just one example. but i can not control when i get these feelings, and god knows i have tried to "feel" which answers were correct on many geometry tests.

I did this myself during a test, i tried to use precognition to find out hich answer was the best on the ones i had no cliue about. I wrote down the numbers of the questions that i 'guessed' on, when i got the test back i got all 4 of those right! Sorta bad though, i think its cheating.

I found out i have a special healing ability when my dad got cancer. My mom tried everything to help him out, including finding a healer to help him out every weekend. So one day this guy looks me over, takes a look at my palms and says i have immense energy, enough to heal a whole school full of people. Well, that day he gives me a crash course on healing, i say okay. I try it out on my dad a few days later when he got some tumor in his foot and couldn't walk. This was my first time healing, in 2001. I put my hand near his foot, not touching it, closed my eyes and started to concentrate on sending energy to him, about 4-5 minutes later i felt an electrical shock from my hand to his foot, he felt it too, as he gasped and jumped a little when it happened, then for the next 5 minutes i could feel a constant flow of electricity from one point in my hand to his foot. After i felt i was done i passed out on my bed because i felt so worn out. The next day though his foot was completely healed and he could walk again.

Since i passed out healing my dad, my moms friends ridiculed her that i was going to wear myself out and die, so she sent me to a reiki class at the hospital. Funny thing is, i had that class on a tuesday, in september, on the 11th to be exact. I didn't hear about the wtc incident until lunch time because i was in reiki class

But thats my story, i don't really like healing, i just feel wayyyyyyy too weird doing it. I rather heal strangers than family because i feel awkward, but i did heal my friends moms migraine before , i put my hands on her head and she started to sweat all over and when i was done she said she felt drunk but the headache was gone for the rest of the day.

Btw, i heard the water signs of the zodiac are the most intuitive, im a cancer myself, what is your sign if you feel you are intuitive?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Ive heard lots of people talk about that they "lost" or are in the processing of "losing" their abilities..
What do yall think causes this?

I always thought that a logical brain (One that has been trained by life and the world to say "No, that wasnt a ghost, that was the wind" or "That wasnt ESP, that was a coincidence") and psychic skills dont really fit together well.

I also think that fear of them builds up unconscious walls. And it is very easy to fear things that you arent "supposed" to be able to do.

*Shrug*

Yall still have some really interesting stuff

EDIT: Im a water sign.. Not much intuition here, I dont think..

That healing thing is really cool!! Have you tried it recently? Are you planning on using it as your vocation? Ive had some pretty neat stuff with healing's, but I dont think ive been able to cure a tumor lol..

[edit on 4-8-2004 by shidge.]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by shidge.
Ive heard lots of people talk about that they "lost" or are in the processing of "losing" their abilities..

Lack of motivation, substance abuse, media brainwashing. I've gotten really lazy lately, and actually, i don't really care because it feels good! It takes someone with a strong will to stay on track. I have my own conspiracies with this but i'm not about to post them, they are probably way too far out there.

As for the vocational thing: I don't think im ready to heal full time. I believe thats going to come up later when people will really need it. I do heal if someone asks me to though..

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Healing is something im very interested in, I would love to find someone who could teach me how to channel energy into that.
Im a Virgo, earth sign.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

It's like exercising a muscle, or practicing a foreign language...you don't use it, you lose it. Not completely of course, but you get out of practice, and have to start over a bit... Most of it is time. When I was a teen, I had time to sit and stare at a piece of paper for an hour, and barely singe the edge. Sure, it wasn't much, but it was still pretty cool, and reinforced my beliefs in how I see the Universe. Nowadays, I'd be hard pressed to find that hour, and then even more pressed to not spend it doing something more worthwhile....

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

It's like exercising a muscle, or practicing a foreign language...you don't use it, you lose it. Not completely of course, but you get out of practice, and have to start over a bit...

How I wish that was true....I've been trying to get rid of it since 98.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
let me explain my ability, basicly when a demon is near by (say left of me) my left side begins to burn and the closer the demon is the more the burn spreads through my body, one time a group of gothic kids came up to me and at least 3 of them were posessed and the burn was so bad that i passed out and woke up about an hour later. i went to a docter but he said he cant explain it, now the way i figured it out is my best friend pete also can sence demons and spirits but in a different way, so one day, whenever i felt the burn i would point it out and he would confirm it was a demon.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zero Point

It's like exercising a muscle, or practicing a foreign language...you don't use it, you lose it. Not completely of course, but you get out of practice, and have to start over a bit...

Hear ya there Zero Point. I have strong empathic ability, adn until I learned to erect shields I was convincede that I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. And insetaed of losing ability over time, it jsut seems to grow harder to control than when I first learned. Some of these gifts are definitely two-edged swords.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Looking back I know it was there as all of you but it was brought out by trauma.

Nealry homeless, broken hearted, unemplyed, I started to develop depression and other mental issues and considered suicide. The glyph of Jupiter started to raise on my left hand (found out what it was afterward) and from there my luck began to change. Dreams of my lost love that later came true (Prophetic Dreams) sensitivity to energies and certain people.

More importantly, I stumbled upon my ability to see (Scry) into objects when drifiting off into a mirror reflecting a cuboard, couch, and curtains. Knowing something was wrong (movement) with the picture but not knowing until the images were totally clear. In these images I seen numerous actions like comic strip. Many had to do with a tree and people working with the tree but there were others. The most important of the image showing 2 people walking up to the tree and one knealing down before it as if it were GOD or they were searching 4-ever.

I later learned that this could have been the tree of life which to some represent Jesus.

I encourage research into the Kaballa because that helps to explain why we are this way. I havnt read it yet but it seems to parallel the Bible mystically exlplaining the Tree of Life while the Bible explains the rights and wrongs as a result of what happened with the tree of knowledge. There are tons of things that were written inthe holy spirit but the people compiling the books to create it were acting as mortal men so there are major things left out that could pertain to us Mystics.

Wicca, Santeria...etc........ are all half ass without you knowing where it comes from.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I discovered my abilities when I understood what it meant.
I found i had remote viewing skills when I did a couple of tests.
However, I found I had the Gift of being a conduit to healing much earlier.
Family is Polish Gypsys, so i've been around unusual stuff all my life

Could I be channeling energies from the universe, God, or the electric wires?
I don't know, But I do know I feel vibrations, heat, and colors coming through me and spilling into another person. Then they are healed by
their own bodys abilities. I don't believe i personaly do the healing ,
it is the persons own body fine tuned.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I agree that the reality overwhelmes the spritiual/mystical. You want to be part of the mystical world but reality (mind and environment) makes that hard to allow.

I could say Ive noticed a decrease in my abilities but it is because I have detached myself from nature and I am too rapped up in things going on.

Also, at a certain point I felt like my mind was too open. If you are not grounded you can become schizo. You start to feel and see too much. wonder too much, toomany questions and no answers and the most horrible is that too much energies and extra thoughts will cross over effecting stress/levels, anxieties, depression and other mental issues.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Haha.. Maybe that could explain why im crazy

I also realized today that since I started taking medication recently, my "spiritual health" in general has declined.. I guess you need a healthy/natural body to have a healthy/natural soul.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
The earliest time I can remember is as a child...during an easter egg hunt, I knew where the gold egg was....and went straight to it....my prize... the chocolate bunny

yea sounds silly.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zero Point

I spent most of my life wishing it would go away! When I was 20 and my boyfriend of 5 years left me it did go away, for about a year before it came back.

It's always a terrible curse, but you grow to need it, almost like an addiction and I just wanted it to go away, but not to be in the dark.

I don't do anything strange, but have quite a gift for sensing and manipulating energy. I've healed minor problems, spent a few years dabbling with spellwork and made shields many times. I've cleansed people's homes for them a few times in the past as well.

I always had a high success rate with creating a physical effect. In times of intense fear, it has not been unusual for those around me to comment about objects moving and I've been picked on about it by some family members for years.

I never actually realized anything was different until I was 13 or so. My earliest memory or anything people thought was strange was when I was 4-5 and decided that I should be able to control the wind- so with an audience I was raising and lowering my arms to signify the strength of the breeze which followed my movements perfectly. I have always had a consciousness of a higher power that I kept more in touch with than those around me.
In junior high I could effortlessly get 100% scores in the classes when I was seated near the smartest students during the tests... I believe I may have been unconsciously reading people's minds around me for the answers, but I had no awareness of my doing this. I never studied and later would not know the information. This is most of what has just always made me a little different. None of it is on purpose, none of it was asked for or from practice- it just fell upon me.

I just pick up on things and it seems that my daughter has it as well.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

If you're an empath, look into "shielding", to most it comes naturally, but not to everyone... If a visions precog, then not much help there....that is more like a curse...and is more an exception to the rule...

Luckily for me, my precogs aren't visions, but just "feelings" that make me, take a different way home, avoid a certain place, etc. I don't think I could deal with visions well.....

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
No kidding, I've always been glad that I at least didn't have a vision or something that couldn't be blocked out staring me in the face!

Originally posted by Gazrok

Luckily for me, my precogs aren't visions, but just "feelings" that make me, take a different way home, avoid a certain place, etc. I don't think I could deal with visions well.....

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
well i have two and prob. more but one i have said many times, but my other one i hate, it is a curse to have, when i think of someone, i see visions of all this bad stuff, its like met's ability, but mine is far worse, when i think of that person i see many visions of all this bad stuff that will happen, and my friend said that when i do it i begin to go into sorta of a sesure(did i spell that right???) but i dont feel anything. sometimes its just a couple of car accidents and sometimes its strokes followed by cancer, and ahhhhh!!!!! i hate it!!!!! i cant control it or see when it happens so i put my self through training so i can control what i think about, i keep a straight mind unless i want to think of something. i can meditate like yoda because of the training and that is the only good thing about this curse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join