It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did you discover your abilities?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
For those of you who consider yourselves "gifted" in any of the psy-skills, how did you discover that you had it?

Did you just stumble upon it one day? Has it been that way for as long as you remember? Perhaps the occult opened it to you, or even some trauma?

So..
How did you find out you had it ?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
While not as "gifted" as others, I've simply always known I was somehow "different". I've always felt a deep connection with everything around me, rocks, trees, dirt, even a miniscule crack in a wall, etc. Most things just came naturally, and then later, upon learning a name for it, I'd try and practice it more and more, etc. I personally believe it is an evolutionary step for us perhaps, and that later generations will be even more gifted and so on. So, I don't expect to be starting bonfires with my mind or anything, but who knows, maybe my kids' kids' kids, etc.?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Q:

A:Television

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zero Point

Q:

A:Television

lol..
I guess you are one of those people that really only answer what they are asked..

So maybe I can rephrase:

What abilities do you have?
Can you go into some detail about how you figured them out?
You dont have to give me your life story.. But im sitting here imagining all the different scenarios..

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
discover your abilities?

Can you like predict the weather or something?

I believe people can do extraordinary things because humans dont use 100% of the brain. Bad Post, Need to be more specific. My signature explains it all

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by foxtrot_uniform
discover your abilities?

Can you like predict the weather or something?

I believe people can do extraordinary things because humans dont use 100% of the brain. Bad Post, Need to be more specific. My signature explains it all

Well if you think you have some sort of "ability".. something above and beyond what the average human has (or at least can tap into).. I was asking how you discovered that you had this "ability".

I dont think anyone else had a problem discerning my meaning..
And if that "Bad post" was directed at me I suggest you take your attitude elsewhere, it isnt warranted here

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
see, feel, sense things that not everyone sees or feels, that's the extent of my abilities... I've been seeing stuff since childhood but i never realized what exactly what i was seeing until my best friend died when i was 7, then i understood...so you could say since childhood i have known that i was just a bit different from the norm...not alot
but just enough for my brain to handle.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

What abilities do you have?
Can you go into some detail about how you figured them out?
You dont have to give me your life story.. But im sitting here imagining all the different scenarios..

1. It's complicated
2. It was initiated by the sort of trauma that teaches you that the terms: s_h_i_t yourself with fear, and to go weak at the knees, aren't just sayings.
3. At it's peak....it seems to have some fogging effect on the people around you, which makes trying to explain it it near on impossible, as when fogged they wouldn't even believe you if you told them they had a nose on their face. In other words, whilst it may reveal it'self to you....good luck trying to convince anybody about it.
4. It should make things such as picking the Lotto numbers or the winning horse or team a profitable enterprise....see #5
5. It's more curse than ability...it doesn't mess with you to make you rich...it's more like a twisted tool of control.
6. But at least you find out that Einsteins laws aren't absolute.
7. It's all the stories combined together and it lives in the language.
8. I'd rather demonstrate it than talk about it.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I assume all this abileties can be trained. You just don't know you have them in you, you have never tries.

For example, you can sense objects around you with your etherical body after just a few times of trining.

Good Luck!

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Thats kind of a hard question to answer cause (at least for me) its not realized at once but through a sequence of events. Im rather good at knowing when people have deceived/are lying to me, or on the other hand are telling the truth, at least how they perceive it. For instance, and this is a handy one at times, I know when a guys cheated on me, before Ive been told about it, and its not the normal clues, like lipstick on the collar scenario either.Its only happened twice, and both times I was out of town and both times were spontanious.
The first was when I was in high school, I had left town for three days, on the trip out there I though ok, hes gonna cheat on me. As soon as I got home I had a phone call, a freind of mine telling me about it, then another phone call, a friend of his telling me about it, then another phone call, a freind of the girls calling me about it, then one more, the girl herself telling me about it lol.
The second time was a few years later, and when I left to visit family over christmas I had no clue it was going to happen, it wasnt till i was on the bus ride back home two weeks later that I knew he had cheated on me. Sure enough, and he told me, it had happened at a new years party, with a very close freind of mine. And other things, like picking up the phone to call my sister or my aunt, and they are already on the line, or going over to my sisters house, just as shes leaving to come to my house because of a bad fight with her hubby, things like that happen all the time. I also know when my kids are into something outside that theyre not supposed to be. Nothing super extrodinary, but its different than the regular.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Abilities are something you discover after you exercise them.

So by doing you may even find it difficult to know how you did anything as you did with new "powers," if you will. Sometimes ability is a one time thing, like seeing a highly advanced aircraft up close, and that you did things like put aluminum foil on an umbrella as in the movie ET so they "obliged."

Sometimes ability is exercising qualities of mind from words you have read, by know what the words mean, and doing it, whatever it is.

Take "cloudblasting," or "making the sun come out." You just look at the cloud and focus in a certain way as you read in Trevor James Constable, and it happens.

By all means discover these things later, and tell people, but you have to do things to actually discover anything. The key is you tell others so it becomes a discovery which is nothing more than a retrospective, as it becomes acknowledged. Actual discovery is by those who read your book, and it is simply publishing or perishing.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Wow.. These all sound really neat

World watcher - Ive already told you how cool I thought your skills were

Zero Point - Whatever you have sounds really interesting, thanks for going into more detail.

Bratok - I agree with you, I think everyone can train their abilities to an extent.. But I also think that a deciding factor in just how much you _can_ train it, is by how much of an ability you were born with. For instance, I think that if someone is born being able to "read" other peoples minds, they will be able to get a lot more out of the training than would a pure-novice.

Kastinyque - Haha.. Thats certainly a handy skill. But it seems like a lot of women have that, Womans intuition, I suppose. .. Come to think of it, why do I never hear of "Mens intuition" lol.

Anyways, so far, really cool gifts all around..

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I just get these intense feelings about things that were going to happen, and then they would happen. for example, my friends and i were driving around, and i got a bad feeling like something bad was going to happen if i stick around, so i told my buddy to drop me off at home and he did, but the whole ride home he was making fun of me. anyways, later that night he got pulled over by the cops and every body in the car got arrested for underage drinking, and drug posession. apparently they got the booze after i left, and i dont know when they got the drugs. anyways, thats just one example. but i can not control when i get these feelings, and god knows i have tried to "feel" which answers were correct on many geometry tests.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Haha.. I have an experience kinda like that..
Me and my friends had broken into the school theatre, and were using hairspray and a lighter to make a flame thrower.. We werent burning anything in particular, but using set pieces to "draw" fire with the hairspray..
We had been doing this for awhile, with nothing going wrong.

All the hair on my head started to tingle and stand on end, and I jokingly said "My spidey senses are tingling".. My friend (who was at the time spraying a huge flame with the hairspray) stopped just long enough to turn and say something to me when right then a security guard walked in the door lol

She was like "whats going on here?"

"Uhh.. Just.. hairspraying set pieces"

Didnt get in trouble, whereas if I hadnt "felt" anything we wouldve all been expelled and probably arrested lol

Good times

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
My mom said that I've seen things since I could talk, but I don't remember anything unusual until about the seventh grade. Slapped a friend on the back in the middle of the school hallway, and saw him have one nasty bike accident. I kind of shrugged it off. spent the rest of the day doing whatever seventh graders do, went home. That evening I gave him a call, because I was getting that lead in the gut feeling. His mom answered, bawling, because he'd had this really nasty bike wreck, and his dad had taken him to the emergency room. From how she described what happened, I'd already seen it, about 6 or so hours before it happened. As time went on, I saw things that happened to people, anywherer from a day to a couple of weeks before it happened to them.

It's never a good vision, always the bad. BTW, I never saw the stuff that happened to family members. (self defense mechanisim maybe?).

When I was s senior, we had our senior class trip in Disney world. I walked out of the Epcot center ride with a female friend, and the strangest thing happened. Hadn't touched anybody. and I guess I had this vision.

All of a sudden, I'm standing in the park alone. It looked like it had been deserted for a long time. I heard this crackling sound, looked up into the sky. The sky was some funky looking gray color. These things that looked like long black cracks started moving across the sky. They started coming towards the ground, like the air was ripping, or getting these big black spider web\s through it. Then the ground started cracking open. all of the sidewalk pavement was ripping apart, and it sounded like the world's biggest zippers.
I felt like I'd been standing there for a long time. Then everything went back to normal. People in the park, and this girl looking at me like she'd seen a ghost. I asked her "what's going on", and she told me, (I'll never forget it..") "For a second you looked like the oldest man I've ever seen in my life."

I still don't understand that one.

Walking through the mall with some friends, around that same time frame, and brushed past someone I couldn't describe physically, (male or female... beats me...), to anyone to this day, and got this feeling like I had ten tons of bricks on my head, and felt nothing like the nasty/evil/bad I felt from this person.It was so bad, I found the first garbage can I could find, and stuck my head in it to throw up.

It's been situations like that for a very long time.

I've been having these feelings, seeing these things for about the past 25+ years, and I can't say I'm thrilled with it, don't know why I've got it, and certainly don't appreciate having it. One time out of about 20, someone listened to me, and it kept them from dying in a car accident. She thanked me later. (open minded english teacher.). The rest of the time, you get the "WTF is wrong with you you nut? " Glad to find a board where I could get it off my chest.

Met

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Wow met, you have a truely unique gift. It's too bad most people are too closed minded to realize that. and it is nice to have a place like this to discuss these things without fear of riticule.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
like I said, sometimes it doesn't feel like much of a gift. I don't have any control over it, and I only see the bad things that happen. It could be a couple of days between seeing things, or it could be a couple of months. But I'm glad to be here.

met

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Have you ever seen the anime series Tenkuu no Escaflowne? I love it. Anyway, I got it for Yule on year and I watched it with a friend. She said that I reminded her of the main character because I had psychic powers like her. I always thought I was different, but...

So as a joke, this friend bought me a tarot deck and I started doing readings. Incredibly ACCURATE readings. It freaks people out. Before I gave a reading to a guy I didn't know who just saw me with my Alice in Wonderland deck and asked for one. I gave him a reading that said he'd face a lifechanging challenge soon, but it'd be accepted. He then wigged out and said he was considering telling his folks he was gay. I've only ever given a couple readings that turned out drastically different from what happens or who it's describing.

I can also dowse with a pendant, but not nearly as accurately as tarot. I'm slightly clarvoyant, but I didn't KNOW that until I read it in books about it. I thought it was just sort of many coincidences happening like I saw in my head. I can also concentrate hard sometimes and dowse that was without aid of pendant.

I'm a pagan, actually, and my magic spells usually turn out with the results I want... also, when anybody gets near one of my chakras and I don't see them it starts to stimulate and I can TELL they're there.

I've never had a truly successful OBE, but I can turns my chakras open and physically feel the energy flowing withing seconds.

I sometimes see quick coloured lights going by. I didn't know what they were until I was about ten when I got my first field guide about fairies and it said inside it that it could be fairies in their energy form flying by. Most people can't see them, so I guess I'm lucky.

But I'm a firm believer in that everybody can gain powers. I was lucky to be a natural at many psychic-type skills, but I say that even if you're not, with training you can gain powers. I wrote an article on paranormal studies that discussed this, if anybody would like to read it.

Hope this helped.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
i know i have them as i've had so many experinces in my life that points to it in one strange extreme to another , the thing is years ago i started getting contacted by dead things , that wern't all that human meaning they hav't been alive for a extermely long time , sorta caught in loop , anyway the whole thing freaked me out so much , i think i turned alot of my abiltilys off , but i still have a great intution , always did , altho i think the intution is like a child where PSI+ESP+Sixith Sense is the Adult form of intution , or something along those lines , anyways i'm sorta on a journey to try and turn them back on since i think that where they are a curse in some ways they were also a blessing and they are a part of who i am , and i need to be whole and balanced if i am to stop the troubles in my life , ie to remention it when i did turn it off years ago , thats when huge problems started to start slowly in my life and i've come to the conclusion its becuase i'm unwhole , ,

in a way tho i s till get very reliable feelings about stuff thro my intution kinda like forest withikier in species , well theres no real comparsion , its so much more real and real is more real when dealing with psychic abiltitys , and that can be kinda freaky since ones only use to things being so real

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I've known for almost all of my life. Some of my earliest childhood memories are of watching things happen before they actually happened. The first one I remember was when I was five, a few days after starting kindergarten. I don't want to divulge any details on any of them, but I will say that for the past 16 years, I've had many, many 'visions' of things to come, in my life and in the live's of those close to me. After I started reading about other types of abilities, I began to work on those as well. I got really serious about it four years ago, and now have a really easy time manipulating and channeling energy to build it up for OOBEs or astral projection. I've also been working on telekineses, but my success is very limited, something around 1 in 30 or 40 attempts. Basically, I've known for all my life that people are capable of much, much more than anyone would believe.

<<   2 >>

join