It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lessons learned from the Folly of May 21

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
What is amazing is that reality NEVER follows the fantasies of people. It goes on and does what is intends according to its own laws, not the desires of humans.

This is a good lesson to religious people that the concept of God in its best sense has to do with reality as it is, not as the fantasies of the faithful portend or desire.

Few will garnish any lesson from this folly though, since humans who are inclined to the fancies of clerical dogma and the dominating dark spirit of charismatic leaders—and outright charlatans—will always be subject to being dupes because they refuse to trust in their own intellect.

That is so in religion, particularly, because religion has degenerated into a huge cult of faith; that has very little to do with any search for truth. Indeed, modern religion is characterized by a bottomless ignorance that is based on the darkness of clerical dogma, not the light of liberating truth.

Whether it is the violent and abominable madmen of Islamic extremism and their certainty, or the foul odorous pretenders running around claiming to be “God’s chosen people,” or the hucksters of the Church in their crazy predictions, these exemplars of modern religion are it’s own worst enemies.

To those sober and reasonable among the faithful, I separate you from these and hope you can uplift your faith despite those amongst you who do damage to it and ruin it for the many. To them, those sincere believers, I would advise humbly that true faith is not the end in the search for truth, but the beginning.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Lesson: don't announce things until God actually tells you. Most people think God is their intuition, but He's not.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Still got 17 hours here till 6:pm for this nothing to happen today

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

What this guy claimed is not based on intuition. Intuition is the direct perception of truth outside of intellection.

Such a character as this misguided person likely is not even in-tune with his intuition,
only his lower mind

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Would be freaky if something big did happen on this day like a big disaster but i have better luck winning the lotto.

That reminds me i need to play lotto today.
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: lotto

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
Still got 17 hours here till 6:pm for this nothing to happen today

Would that be 6 pm EST, CST, MST, or PST? Wonder what equation in the bible told ole Harold which one it was?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
reply to post by 547000

What this guy claimed is not based on intuition. Intuition is the direct perception of truth outside of intellection.

Such a character as this misguided person likely is not even in-tune with his intuition,
only his lower mind

Intuition is most certainly not a perception of truth. There are many examples of this throughout history. You can in fact see this plainly when in the sciences.

He probably felt it must happen in his heart and based his announcement on that.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Will it come as a surprise to you if the same man come out in a couple of years and say that rapture will happen on ......(insert date here).Unfortunatelly people never learn and even after today he will have followers.

On the other hand with all the donations he received he can rapture himself in an exotic island.

I hope noone will get hurt from this whole thing.

BTW today in the bus a guy was wearing a t-shirt that had this message:

"The only way to predict the future is to invent it."

I found it somehow appropriate for the day.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
"posted on 21-5-2011 @ 02:31 AM"

LOL!

Not saying you are wrong, but you must be pretty damn sure you are right.

Maybe wait till the 22nd to gloat about being right

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903
EST, CST, MST, or PST?

neither, since the bible wasn't written in USA.
i think it's logical to assume that if god ever told anyone (in this case whoever authored this particular part of the bible) when is this going to happen, he'd tell them the time in their own timezone, therefore GMT+2 or +3.

not that i expect anything to actually happen

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The lesson here is religious zealotry + sensationalism = more money for Harold Camping. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

The conspiracy here, is that this might have been a lot bigger than Harold Camping.
edit on 5/21/2011 by Klassified because: Edit

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
There is a kind of need to be "saved" that people seem to have, I don't think anyone can save them but themselves.

top topics

join