It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I probably should have taken this weekend off

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novatrino
reply to post by isitjustme

Whats your problem. I ask a question for the thread and you dis me for saying it? Does it make you feel good to put people down? I was asking a simple question and you just blurt out BS without even thinking in the first place.
You know that this is a conspiracy website don't you?

Relax. Sheesh. No one is putting you down.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
May God bless us all...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Everyone is on edge right now. We have someone illegally occupying the White House and everyone knows it. We have an economy trying to get out of a recession. We have wars and Israel facing imminent invasion by bands of Arabs and Palestinians. We have the Mississippi river flooding, tornadoes wiping out parts of Alabama, earthquakes in Japan and another one pending on the ring of fire, we have doomsayers out the ying yang and 24/7 coverage of the Mayan end of world calendar, plus all the other conspiracy and factual stuff going on that is shared around the world via the net.

Obviously, every little thing that goes bump in the night is now going to freak out someone.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Everything is business as normal in Virginia today. As a police officer, we have seen the usual 'full moon madness' but nothing like OP is mentioning specifically in response to the possible rapture.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
reply to post by Cygnis

I hear you. After what we we have seen so far we are asking the majority of our roster to be on standby for the rest of the weekend and the hospital has staff on stand by in case it gets really busy. Its weird cause we were talking about the potential for this happening but it was kind of in a joking way. We had heard the stories about people selling off their stuff and other odd things from other parts of the country but of course we all thought that nothing bad or crazy could happen in our little town out here. Boy were we wrong. I am supposed to be off now til noon tomorow so hopefully i wont get called in before then.

Sadly i am so wide awake right now that i couldnt sleep if i wanted too and i just have a bad feeling that i will be gettin no sleep tomorow night and probably will not be able to be done at midnight. I am kind of curious to see if there are other ATS members who are in emergency services if they have any out of the ordinary stuff going on with the people in there community/

I can partially relate, I work as a Nurse and its...ugh! But, I know what i signed up for and I'm here to help people so it is what it is. I've seen some very insane stuff come through my way though. All I can say is, stay strong, worry about yourself, and just roll with the punches. Things are going to get very...surreal-ish.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Well folks since my last update we have not had one thing happen.
I hope that this whole fiasco is over and things can go back to normal. Thanks again everyone for the kind words and support this last couple days.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

I cannot understand why the media has given him so much attention! Let's feed the monster...and all those people who quit paying their mortgages, credit cards, etc. will realize how he duped them. Harold Kamping needs to be brought up on fraud charges for bilking his followers out of their money. That's my opinion. I realize people are sheep and easily deceived and so on some level I don't feel sorry for them. I'm truly po'd at the media for giving him what he wanted; attention and people's money.

I applaud the work you do and hope you have a sane night. Weekends are generally crazy anyway I would imagine. Good luck and hope all goes well.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

thank you, i am slowly gathering my sanity back

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

this person(NOTurTypical )has a cross for a avtar but has had EVERY single post removed by mods

now i,m no hypocrit but c,mon,read your bible a bit more,love tho neighbour ring any bells!!!!!!!!
lcbjr1979,you do a great job and keep the good work up,to few people left that want to help others these days,its sad to think that folks out there are having panic attacks and taking overdoses just off the back of what some mad old man says.........but there is(and to those i feel sorry)

people like camping make my blood boil,i was brought up with god,going to church every sunday(my mum still goes to church)but i dont buy any of this s# for 5 mins,only the father knows when,not some bolding 89 year old!!!!!
S+F for you on this one
off topic.........is 1979 your birth year??if so its mine too
31/10/79 yes halloween mahahahaha lol

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

im glad you actually posted this 1st hand knowledge

for a long time ive been saying both the media and these so called future tellers and predictionists need to be held accountable

people are dying, innocent people are being manipulated and theres a lot of mentally unstable people who easily fall prey to this stuff

sure it may be darwinian but it costs our society

are we just going to let this nonsense keep happening

i mean every week theres a new end of the world prediction

people are killing themselves, kevorkian went to jail, i say these people and the media should also pay

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cut3ypie

Thank you for your post, i appreciate you taking the time out and for your support. Yes it is my birth year

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I hate to say it but survival of the fittest is not a theory, and your friends were not very fit, if a BELIEF caused him to kill himself, then we should maybe stop convincing people to be christians?

Thats what happens when 1 monkey successfully lies to another monkey and can mold peoples beliefs
edit on 22-5-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
Not sure if this is the right place or not but here it goes. I am a paramedic in norhtern MN and around here there are lots of religious people. So far tonight I have been on 4 people with massive panic attacks for fear of either dying or not being saved by jesus, 2 overdoses, and 1 suicide. This is very out of the ordinary for us out here we have 8000 people in our town, and average about 2.5 calls a day. People are starting to act real strange out and scared out here. It is criminal i think that this Camping guy can go out and strike fear into people like this. I think this is just the begining of things to come out here and tomorow is going to be even crazier.

I think he should be praised. Helping to get rid of the stupid people in our society can only be a good thing.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I foresaw this happening.

You all should listen to me and send me your money if you want to know when the world...really, really, really ends.

No freebees

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearMitochondria

I was wondering the same thing
I came to the conclusion that he is not a con-artists just because all that money is going to do him nothing at 89 years old. He'll be dying real soon, either from a religious zealot that was taken hard and has lost everything due to him or just old age. Money does him nothing, and whatever he can buy with it... nothing would really help him. At most he can just buy medicare or whatever the US uses for health care.

Yeah, you're probably right about the money angle. He must really believe that stuff.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

May God bless us all...

Yeah, or like my mother-in-law used to say all the time..."Bless us and save us".

She always seemed to be looking sideways at me when she said that.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sirrurg

We obviously watched two different programs.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Sarahraeann

Post like yours are the very reason I find myself coming to ATS less and less.

The medical profession is very very emotionally grueling.

Day in and day out you witness tradegy, much of it is senseless and sad.

This person was not asking for "attention" as much as understanding and emotional support at a very upsetting time.

You couldn't just say something nice, a word of encourgement?

ATS is now more and more frequent by very cruel, heartless and non empathetic people. Not all of you, but enough that I am finding other sites that have a much more nicer crowd.

As stated in my previous post, while I was in the top 2% of my nursing class - I couldn't cut it emotionally. If you have never held a dying baby in your arms, or a young person, senselessly shot, internally bleeding to death before they could get him into surgery - you have no idea how emotionally draining this type of job can be.

In my opinion, you need to try to be a little more kind, a little more understanding and not so flippant and arrogant.

This person was simply reaching out for a word of encouragement.

I know, I've been there.

Have you?

Yes I have, In fact I was just trying to sway the conversation a little away from the conflict that was stirring, maybe I should have shown a little more compassion towards the negative poster instead of being negative myself so I agree with you... Otherwise I just felt it was taking away from what the OP was truly talking about...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join