It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I probably should have taken this weekend off

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Wait till december 21st of next year haha

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by lcbjr1979

There was a really big full moon the other night.

I was working the ER during that full moon, and there was a crazy amount of people. First time working at the ER and first full moon. Good stuff

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I agree. Thats why i wont believe in the bible (fable).

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well, if by "Rapture" they meant "great weather - sunny, 21C, low wind", then they were right after all.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So where are the zombies?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

This is the second time today I have seen someone completely misunderstand a post. Mostly because they aren't actually reading it I would say.

Are you guys not realizing that this guy ^^^ Is making this whole thread about him... so lets ignore him and remember what this thread is really about!? Wow attention *****

The above statement was not aimed at the OP. It was aimed at NOTurTypical. Read before you jump on someone with both feet.

In other news: Thanks for this thread OP. One of the better ones of the many on here right now. Please keep us posted. And good luck out there.

edit on 5/21/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/21/2011 by Klassified because: grammar police

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
Not sure if this is the right place or not but here it goes. I am a paramedic in norhtern MN and around here there are lots of religious people. So far tonight I have been on 4 people with massive panic attacks for fear of either dying or not being saved by jesus, 2 overdoses, and 1 suicide. This is very out of the ordinary for us out here we have 8000 people in our town, and average about 2.5 calls a day. People are starting to act real strange out and scared out here. It is criminal i think that this Camping guy can go out and strike fear into people like this. I think this is just the begining of things to come out here and tomorow is going to be even crazier.

I have to say that I'm a bit surprised over the negative criticism this OP has received. To me, this is nothing like the other "61 threads" on this subject and is the first I've seen that provides the hard data we're constantly demanding of each other in our threads. In the OP's opening post alone, it was stated that within the first 72 minutes of May 21st (it was posted at 1:12 AM), he/she personally knew of seven different people who were needlessly suffering, injured or dead as the result of purposeful fear mongering promulgated by one person with the sole intent of creating mass panic/anxiety for his own profit (if you want to argue about whether Camping's goal was intentional misinformation or miscalculated altruism, take a look at the millions of dollars he reaped off of his "prophecy"). I'm sure we'll eventually learn of many others who were also victims of what will inevitably be called "the hoax of May 21st" before being forgotten and replaced by the next scare campaign that takes hold of a large enough population. In my opinion, the people negatively affected by today's campaign deserve our compassion and not our scorn. They were victims of the most heinous kind of predator - the kind that seeks out and uses our beliefs to exploit our worst fears and vulnerabilities. Whether you or I share these same particular set of beliefs should be irrelevant; we were merely the fortunate ones this time around.

I give the OP a star and a big
for his/her post.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
HAHAHA. I took off from shift for a party today!!!! Get some sweet EMS fever!!!!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

That was a touching story,and I loved that they gave you flowers to remember her by. It is very hard on the heart ,I'm sure to have such a young one die in your arms.

I'm sure the nursing profession needs more hearts like you,and maybe there will be a day where you decide to return.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
That many calls in such a small town of 8K. Imagine how many in a large city.
Hopefully the most that happens this weekend is just more panic attacks and nothing more.

I do not understand how some christian-based religious sects of people can attempt suicide when it's obviously not condoned in most christian-based religions (unless they think they were not chosen for the rapture and have already been damned to hell?). To me it's hypocritical.

I do think that some kind of spin will be put on the fact that nothing happened this 21st and a new date will be set - I think these end-of-day prophesies are created to put the fear of god into more "victims". I think the real goal here is religious fear mongering by these so-called religious leaders who target god fearing believers.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Wanting forum etiquette has nothing to do with being a "thread god". That's just a poisoning the well comment anyways. On the other hand, if you really want that 15 minutes of fame, go right ahead, I'm going to bed.

Good.

Between you and the rapture zealots we've all heard quite enough of the religionists for one weekend methinks.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by philosearcher
reply to post by NOTurTypical

He could have, but honestly I think this makes an interesting thread all in its own. For instance, he is a paramedic that is reporting an increase in odd behavior.

Yeah, sounds riveting.

Send me a U2U if this thread hits 5 pages.

Gnight.

Well, page 4; we're nearly there.

I believe the majority has spoken.

Here's the real truth:

You're not sour about the OP's forum etiquette.

You're sour because your religion's credibility has taken a significant hit.

Would you consider a little introspection and explore this to qualify or negate my supposition?

None of us are running from the truth here, right?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What are you the damn thread god??

"You can have this thread. You can't. Add to another thread."

I don't see "FORUM MODERATOR" under your name so kick rocks.

Yeah no #... lol, some people these days, feeling like they have authority....

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
A few minutes ago someone outside of my building was freaking out and trashing things... It's an hour passed 6pm EST so I wonder if that's the reason.

Could just be a coincidence.
edit on 21/5/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
the more of these religious freaks that die the better, surely the world has realized that religion is the root of ALL the evil that has occured in the world so far, starting from way back until even we can't remember. Rational, clever people that are seduced into this cult have the ability to hurt both themselves and also hurt everyone else who they class as sinners. There is no 'sin' just 'free choice', something we are all born with. religion has given us 'the inquisition', the crusades, the 'jihad' the stupid mind boggling hold of the 'evangelists' on the American people, who seem more than willing to give their hard earned to some total idiot that promises 'the touch of god' (thats right, god doesn't desrve a capital letter).
Whereas us europeans where the most evil people around for what we did in the name of 'god', you americans are now doing in the name of 'Oil', though you still mask it behind religion. Thats right, you think Islam now is the worry, you are all deluding yourselves, all it does is give an excuse and also help mask the real reason. There is only one real evil in this world, and that is the USA. and no, i'm not a muslim, i am a right minded, free thinking gentleman who has had enough of seeing my countries sons being killed in the name of your pathetic leaders shallow hidden agenda wars. I am from the UK in case a retort is aimed at my geographical location.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

you are wrong. Its not like this in europe. Almost nobody know about the rapture here. Europe is not full of fanatics dumbasses like in us.
edit on 21-5-2011 by _damon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Harold Camping is a criminal, even if this dope really "knew" he should have kept his fat mouth shut and allow it to happen IF it was going to, which it's not. He's a clown and I hope he will answer for this garbage

I think the real panic will come, when these religions zealots, realize that maybe there just isn't a magical man in the sky for them to go to...then things will get worse
edit on 21-5-2011 by CoolStoryMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yeah people in the U.S tend to be gulible. When you are not buying the lies the government tells you, you are probably believing the conspiracies some crazy homeless guy is telling you.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

Damn right, Dumb Americans . i wonder how much money was pledged to this idiot beforehand, seeing as his followers thought the rapture was about to happen. how many idiots are now picking themselves up off the floor , realizing they've just given away their life savings (why on earth would you give your money away to this hole, if you really believed it was the rapture? surely common sense prevails.. hang on, Dumb USA religious nuts)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I don't smoke it mate(anymore) but i have had a few beers and thats my weed.

I live about 1hr from london in the uk and yeah the world is still going.

Religion sucks but each to their own I suppose.

It is 12:30 here and I have just ordered a kebab.

Happy days people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join