It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This CD cover was made before 9-11!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
I'd have to see a hard copy of this cover to even believe its true. It looks really fake, but then again, most "Party Music" is totally worthless and "fake"!

This album cover is for real. It got plenty of coverage in the days after 9/11. I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for all the hip-hoppers on the planet so I can't honestly critique the noise encoded on the disc.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey
Apparently, despite some fairly credible intel, the government didn't have enough imagination to conisder the Twin Towers prime bombing targets. Oh well, that's a rant for another time and place.
joey

Uhh...they did envision the WTC being a target for terrorism. They just missed the part about planes filled full with jet fuel being taken hostage with 5 men with box cutters who are suicidal and would use the planes like missiles and slam in to the building.
Can anyone blame them I would have probably never though of that too.

[edit on 4-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
westpoint, i've been wanting to ask you this for some time now; is your avatar satire or honesty? I don't mind either way im not judging, just inquiring.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Out of the Loop
I am the World Trade Center

Track Listings:

1. Metro (Brooklyn mix)
2. Me to be
3. Sounds so crazy
4. Look around you
5. Light delay
6. Inside your head
7. Holland tunnel
8. Flute loops
9. Aurora borealis
10. You don't even know her
11. September
12. Move on
13. Analogous
14. Metro (Athens mix)

www.amazon.co.uk...=1091629296/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_9_3/202-3273886-2090259

Another one, released on July 17, 2001
Check out track 11!

There is an idea that a shadow befalls events before they happen that somehow gets picked up in the collective subconscience.
Maybe when people are creating, they have easier access to that part of the mind. . .

Either that or all these musicians are in on the conspiracy!

Who knows. . .

[edit on 4-8-2004 by shanti23]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by shanti23
Out of the Loop
I am the World Trade Center

Thats unbelieveable!

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Most popular results for: I Am The World Trade Center

1. Out of the Loop ~ I Am The World Trade Center -- (Audio CD - April 15, 2002)
Our Price: £11.99 Used & New from £7.95

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perfect stranger
Most popular results for: I Am The World Trade Center

1. Out of the Loop ~ I Am The World Trade Center -- (Audio CD - April 15, 2002)
Our Price: £11.99 Used & New from £7.95

According to many other sites, it was released in 2001:

www.stylusmagazine.com...
For the record, I Am The World Trade Center got to the twin towers before Osama did, having released their synth-pop debut, Out of the Loop two months prior to 9/11. No word on why Dan Gellar and Amy Dykes “were” the World Trade Center in the first place, save for an enigmatic reference to the two towers as a metaphor for the couple’s relationship, “both professionally and personally,” says Gellar, and something about how they really, really like New York.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I read the article on the collective subconscious, it was quite compelling. If collective consciousness exists without doubt then maybe some do pick up on disturbing events and then amplify it. Musicians being probably more liberal and open minded might have picked up on it quicker.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Great thread! Speaking as a musician, I can tell you all, that you are on to something here. I began noticing this a few years ago myself, completely by accident. I can tell you for sure that the Universal Mind exists. The majority of the songs that I have written, are not "my" songs. I get an inspiration, and I write what is playing in my head. That's what the whole art of songwritting is for me. Trying to replicate what I hear playing in my head. My mind isn't creating what I am hearing, it is coming from somewhere outside of myself.

Once when I was in the military, and we were in the field trainning. All of the sudden a song popped into my head. I didn't have any instruments to play ect.. So I wrote notes on the melody, so I could remember it when I got out of the field. Then I started writing the lyrics. The lyrics flowed through me, and onto the paper. There was no concious though about phrasing etc.. They just played through my head, and I wrote them down. That's why I consider my "talent", a gift from God. Because I can't take responsibility for that which I didn't write, or "create".

If you pay attention to the lyrics in music, you will begin to notice a pattern that is being revealed. (Especially late 60's to late 80's music.) Growing up, I never payed attantion to the lyrics in music. I was always into good musicianship. Yes I heard the lyrics, and could repeat some of them back. But I never took the time, to understand the meaning of what was being said. Through my awakening process, I reached the point where I started to do this. I was amazed at what I found.

Growing up my favorite bands have been Rush, U2, Pink Floyd, Boston, Kansas, Tears For Fears, Stevie Ray Vaughn etc.. What amazed me, was that it was the musicianship that drew me to them. Then when I started to pay attention to the lyrics, I realized all of these bands had the same "messages" in their music. It really blew me away, because I was never into the lyrics. To have all of my favorite bands voicing the same concepts in their music, was a shock.

So I can tel you that you are onto something, with the Universal Mind theory. I can also tell you that the majority of musicians/artists don't realize what they are doing. That goes for movies as well etc.. (Close Encounters for example.) Art when it is created is either manufactured (forced), or inspired. The manufactured art, is soul-less and you can definately hear it in the popular music of today. The art that is inspired has what artists refer to as "it". You can't describe "it", but you know when "it" is there, because "it" rings true. "It" strikes a chord inside of us, that we feel. That draws us to it, like a moth to a flame.

In the words of Rush: "Media Messiahs playing on my fears, pop culture prophets playing in my ears." or "the words of the prophets were written on the studio wall.", or "and the men that hold high places, must be the ones to start. To mold a new reality, closer to the heart."

The true artists, or the ones in persuit of "it", are the modern day prophets in my opinion,

Tom Sawyer

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I did hear somewhere that artists and musicians, or creative people in general, are more open to the great subconscious. I am a digital artist, and most of my friends are musicians, we often discuss the topic. I do feel that the abilty to be creative is helped by this openess, although we do keep in mind the deniability but it does make a lot of sense.

It is shown here how there was a general unconscious prediction of future events by people in the creative field. Although "non-creative" people may have had the same premonitions, but lacked a way to comunicate it.

edit:

oh yeah i just remembered, for my graphics coursework at the end of year 11 which ended june 2001, i created a miniture model of the WTC! Out of all the things i could have chosen to do, from a christmas card to furniture design, i chose to make the WTC with some improvements. I should have chosen something else coz i got an E. When I went back after I left to pick up my work, my teacher said I couldnt have it because a model aircraft had crashed into it (a joke in bad taste, but he still wouldnt let me have it).

[edit on 4-8-2004 by superduperman]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Shanti23,
Did you happen to notice the title of song #7 in your post? Holland Tunnel, which has been shut down to commercial traffic, since the "new" terrorist threats?

Tom

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TomSawyer
Shanti23,
Did you happen to notice the title of song #7 in your post? Holland Tunnel, which has been shut down to commercial traffic, since the "new" terrorist threats?

Tom

A potential target perhaps, like the underground in London - it would only take a relatively small charge to cause the water to crack and flood the system to catastrophic effect.

We would have to look to current media to see potential shadows, however without the benefit of hindsight it is an impossible task.

Mind you, there is a media that shows disaster in Holland Tunnel, that Sylvester Stallone movie Daylight comes to mind.

In 1896, an English author, M. P. Shiel, published a short story in which he tells of a band of monstrous criminals ravaging Europe, slaughtering families which they considered were impeding the progress of humanity, and burning their corpses. The story was entitled: The S.S.

So, not the first time media has cast a shadow. . .
Spooky eh?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Uhh...they did envision the WTC being a target for terrorism. They just missed the part about planes filled full with jet fuel being taken hostage with 5 men with box cutters who are suicidal and would use the planes like missiles and slam in to the building.
Can anyone blame them I would have probably never though of that too.

impossible-the hijacked planes were dumped in the ocean and replaced with windowless cargo jets rigged with missles,extra fuel and remotely piloted to their target-air traffic control would have sent f-16 to intercept the hijacked planes within 10min if it were not for orders to stand down-there is no credible evidence of boxcutter weilding hijackers-other than video relaesed over a year after the event and which show arabs passing through metal detectors-how can anyone rationally assume that this is viable evidence pointing to a hi-jacking?where is the faa's audio of communications between the airliners in question?not even sop clearance requests or a single word indicating a breach of the cockpit-anyway---this album cover is nothing compared to the strategy card game released in 95'-as much traffic as there is on this forum i am surprised that this has never been discussed-but here is the link-really quite disturbing and completely verifiable

www.cuttingedge.org...

the wtc,pentagon,as well as a card depicting a smoke skull where the towers have collapsed

www.cuttingedge.org...

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Thanks for those links Sunofone.
My mind has now officially been blown!

I remember Jackson's role-playing books, but that card game is scary.

During the filming of the actual fire pouring forth from the Twin Towers, several cameras caught what seemed to be a demon face in the smoke. While most people were discounting this face as purely coincidental, two former Satanists called me within a couple of hours after those pictures were released, to tell me that those faces looked exactly like demons they had seen during a ritual when demons physically manifest themselves in this dimension. Cisco Wheeler further said that some of the most powerful demons in Satan's kingdom were known as Fire Demons; it was to these demons that the ancient peoples -- including Jews -- sacrificed their children to Molech.

www.cuttingedge.org...

Molech? Isn't that the 50ft stone owl that the worlds elite sacrifice children effigies to in Bohemian Grove?

Here's a site with the full collection of cards:

www.illuminated.co.uk...

Check out the Al Amarja card (a fictitous place, but representative non-the-less):

Conspiracy is in the very air of Al Amarja. Its owner is immune to the "I Lied" card.

Immune to the "I lied' card, heh - just like the missing weapons of mass destruction.
Spooky, especially the bit where his offices get raided by the U.S. Government:

The application and affidavit for the search warrant for Steve Jackson
Games (Case #A-90-54m), dated February 28, 1990, and signed by U.S.
Magistrate Stephen H. Capelle in Austin Texas and Special Agent Timothy M.
Foley of the U.S. Secret Service, has been released. The application
alleges violations of Title 18 USC Sections 2314 and 1030 and was issued in
the U.S. District Court (Western District of Texas).

www.sjgames.com...

Talk about coming events casting their shadow.
The Terrorist Nuke and Pentagon cards are unreal ... surreal.

Those cards are the equivalent of a modern day tarot pack.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
"Blow up" means to excite, to really get jumping with hip-hop. "We came to Tokyo and blew it up," might be said by a rapper.

So maybe if this came out before 9/11 2001 it was just a harmless way of expressing the good times to be found in the album.

This cover was made after 2001, though, lol:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
supposedly a band named dream theater released an album ON 9-11 that had airplanes striking the towers, and immediately recalled the album

LL1

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kode
I read the article on the collective subconscious, it was quite compelling. If collective consciousness exists without doubt then maybe some do pick up on disturbing events and then amplify it. Musicians being probably more liberal and open minded might have picked up on it quicker.

Glad that you enjoyed it!
Now artists seem to be able to pick up on "what's out there", that may be why the production of lyrics/CD/pics.
Link below:
Go to Current Results/GCP Prediction Registry/then to Data, now scroll down on the calander until you reach 9/11/01. Compare this to 8/1/04 the Sunday of the news conference of the "Terror/Threat Alert".
This is an excellent forecast of what may be to come as compared to pre 9/11/01.

noosphere.princeton.edu...

[edit on 4-8-2004 by LL1]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It's been posted a million times. But thats alright. I personally feel, it wasn't supposedly done before 9/11. I think it was done as a publicity stunt, especially because the only ones that ever saw the cover, was the record label.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKugs
It's been posted a million times. But thats alright. I personally feel, it wasn't supposedly done before 9/11. I think it was done as a publicity stunt, especially because the only ones that ever saw the cover, was the record label.

That's actually not true, they sent it out to members of the press before 911.

Here's a Wired News story from Sept 13 2001:

Wired
Adding to the confusion is the fact that the original CD cover had already gone out to members of the press, distributors and others. Before the album's release got pushed back to November, The Coup received reviews in several publications, including print editions of Wired Magazine, Spin and CMJ.

Naturally, many of the reviews came accompanied with pictures of the original CD cover, complete with exploding buildings.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   

You have all heard or seen the Wingdings stuff in word when the flight number of the plane is out in?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join