It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baphomet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I am aware of the purity of the image of baphomet, but I would like some elucidation into it, Im aware of its alchemical and hermaphroditic aspects, one thing im rather interested in is if the image of baphomet was created by eliphas levi, long after the near extermination of the Templars, what was it that they were accused of worshipping, and moreover what are some of the other accusations made against the Templars? Ive read a bit about "baphomet heads" which where supposedly used for divination by the knights. someone please enlighten me

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lucysadvocate

Give me a second here...

Okay here you go (i'm quoting):
"CEREMONIAL MAGIC AND SORCERY:
Baphomet, The Goat of Mendes. The practice of magic-either white or black-depends upon the ability of the adept to control the universal life force-that which Eliphas Levi calls the great magical agent or the astral light. By the manipulation of this fluidic essence the phenomena of transcendentalism are produced. The famous hermaphroditic Goat of Mendes was a composite creature formulated to symbolize this astral light. It is identical with Baphomet the mystic pantheos of those disciples of cermonial magic, the Templars, who probably obtained it from the Arabians." The Secret Teachings of All Ages pages 276-278.

I have the book I've only been reading it every now and then. I'm always busy with work and school that I hardly have time to read my books. ;(

I hope I was of some help.

edit on 20-5-2011 by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2011 by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5 because: i was typing too fast i misspelled a word...

edit on 20-5-2011 by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
thank you sir!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lucysadvocate

The Baphomet is nothing more than the true Jesus. You've seen the shroud of Turin right? This was the head as it was folded and presented to the initiates. Look into the Mandylion......Yeah,...all the other stuff is carnival tricks to teach lessons to the gifted and confuse/scare the unprepared. Seek and ye shall find. Don't recommend big words like elucidate...it confused the retards.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
What do you mean it was the shroud folded and presented to the initiates? Im really interested in the baphomet heads used for divination by the templars.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Baphomet.
Abu al Fi'Hamat
The Father of knowledge/understanding.
It comes from the Sufists, whom the Templars were in close contact with.
The practice of using a severed human head as an oracular device was also quite common and considered quite potent.
Especially if it was the head of someone significant.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

It is absurd to suppose that men of intellect adored a monstrous idol called Baphomet…. Their symbolism, invented ages before, to conceal what it was dangerous to avow, was of course misunderstood by those who were not adepts, and to their enemies seemed to be pantheistic. The calf of gold, made by Aaron for the Israelites, was but one of the oxen under the laver of bronze, and the Karobim on the Propitiatory, misunderstood. The symbols of the wise always become the idols of the ignorant multitude.
Morals & Dogma Ch. XXX, pp818-819

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Visconti is probably in the right after all, in considering "Baphometa" no deeper mystery that the French corruption of the name "Mahomet," as repeated by the ignorant witnesses for the prosecution.
The Gnostics and Their Remains, by Charles William King

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I should add that Leo Taxil in one of the illustrations represents a lodge of the Templar-Mistress Rite, wherein the altar is over-shadowed by a Baphomet which is a reduction in facsimile of the frontispiece to Lévi's Rituel, and all reasonable limits seem to be transgressed when he quotes from Albert Pike's "Collection of Secret Instructions," an extended passage which swarms with thefts from the same source, everyone of which I can identify when required, showing them page by page in the originals. Leo Taxil tells us that the "Collection" was communicated to him, but by whom he does not say. We are evidently dealing with an exceedingly complex question, and many points must be made clear before we can definitely accept evidenced which is so mixed and uncertain in character.
Devil Worship in France, by A.E. Waite

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

How little the philosophy of the old secret doctrine was understood, is illustrated in the atrocious persecutions of the Templars by the Church, and in the accusation of their worshipping the Devil under the shape of the goat--Baphomet! Without going into the old Masonic mysteries, there is not a Mason--of those we mean who do know something—but has an idea of the true relation that Baphomet bore to Azaze, the scapegoat of the wilderness, whose character and meaning are entirely perverted in the Christian translations. "This terrible and venerable name of God," says Lanci, librarian to the Vatican, "through the pen of biblical glossers, has been a devil, a mountain, a wilderness, and a he-goat." In Mackenzie's Royal Masonic Cyclopaedia, the author very correctly remarks that "this word should be divided into Azaz and El," for "it signifies God of Victory, but is here used in the sense of author of Death, in contrast to Jehovah, the author of Life; the latter received a dead goat as an offering." The Hindu Trinity is composed of three personages, which are convertible into one. The Trimurti is one, and in its abstraction indivisible, and yet we see a metaphysical division taking place from the first, and while Brahma, though collectively representing the three, remains behind the scenes, Vishnu is the Life-Giver, the Creator, and the Preserver, and Siva is the Destroyer, and the Death-giving deity. "Death to the Life-Giver, life to the Death-dealer. The symbolical antithesis is grand and beautiful," says Gliddon. "Deus est Daemon inversus" of the kabalists now becomes clear. It is but the intense and cruel desire to crush out the last vestige of the old philosophies by perverting their meaning, for fear that their own dogmas should not be rightly fathered on them, which impels the Catholic Church to carry on such a systematic persecution in regard to Gnostics, Kabalists, and even the comparatively innocent Masons.
Isis Unveiled, H.P. Blavatsky

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
One theory was that the Templars worshipped the head of John the Baptist.

top topics

join