It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone Stop Lying And Admit It... Gears Of War Is THE Best Multiplayer Experience EVER

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I just checked, your all wrong. GT5 is the best multiplayer game.

"Shake and Bake"
Mr. Ricky Bobby

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

are you joking they ruined multi player with the sword, .... have you heard of a shotgun, ? It Will Beat someone with a sword 9/10 times,

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I'm reading the COD MW3 threads and people saying Battlefied 3 will be better
First of all... NO

Secondly, what the hell man
Gears Of War 3 will destroy both of those out of the water

I don't know why GOW3 wasn't mentioned, possibly because those threads were full of jealous PS3 users that won't experience the AWESOMEness of GOW3 Online

I mean what's Better than Gears Of War on Horde Mode Multiplayer?
Real fun, amazing teamplay, awesome cover system, great online maps.... WHAT?

Real war?
edit on 21-5-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Battle field 3 will have very realistic war zones and massivly destructable environments.

Gears of War 3: well TBH I don't know, but it won't have any of the above.

Just a chainsaw gun and other unrealistic weapons.

Oh, I own an X-Box, yeah baby, GOW never really appealed to me.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfresh
I just checked, your all wrong. GT5 is the best multiplayer game.

"Shake and Bake"
Mr. Ricky Bobby

And no.

What happened to all the photorealistic graphics huh?
They couldn't back up their claims.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
until B3 i'm still on that css.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
My god... I don't know how anybody could consider Gears of War or Black Ops the best multiplayer experience ever. Seriously, do people not know anything about things like Counter-Strike? Quake? Unreal Tournament? I would almost even say Halo and Halo 2. Gears of War can make for a good distraction now and then (although I hate the feel of it, I can acknowledge it's a decent game), but it simply can't stand up to the classics. The only thing that came remotely close on this generation of consoles (and even then, only at the time) is CoD4. This generation of consoles has honestly not done as well as it should have in terms of lasting multiplayer games.

Besides, "best multiplayer experience" really comes down to opinion. Want to go by number of players? In that regard WoW is the best multiplayer experience without a doubt. Will everybody agree with that? Of course not, because some people simply hate traditional MMOs like that.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

The only thing awesome about Gears was competitive Gears of War 1.
If your seriously being objective and if your truly trying to press "the truth", you sure have a way of expressing your clear and obvious bias. It comes of as ignorant and unintelligent, most especially when you bring a case to the table with nothing solid to back it up.

You know what, even the guys I know who destroyed the competition in Gears 1 and played 2 and 3 beta competitively don't think Gears 2&3 are worthy enough to compete with Gears original. And don't even get me started with the bad latency issues and the removal of skilled exploits when they made the sequel.

If Gears was so good, explain to me why they had an infinite slew of problems they had to fix as each game came out, only to be last place both in the mainstream and more importantly the competitive environment? If you want to see it all for yourself the truth of your claim, just go to www.mlgpro.com and go the forums or check out gamebattles.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Though I am a ps3 user and I have played them all. Halo, Medal Of Honor, COD, Unreal Tournament, Quake, Counter Strike, Battlefield Bad Company, Team Fortress 2, Killzone, and even the old school games like Golden Eye, I played them all and more but really yes your right when it comes to multilayer experience then Gears Of War is the way to go, and so far nothing I have played beats it in terms of fun and strategy involved and team work required to win, but over all its just a fun game to get into no matter your skill level.

But it does have some problems, one is the lag kills the game when it hitts, and second is the whole host thing that gives the host an advantage over others, Thats why when I used to play it we always used to go after the host first or call out who the host at the beginning so we can track him allover the map within the team, and though usually only on serious game competitions. And from what I remember the first gears had less problems and glitches then the second, which kind of made the first gears a little less frustrating in terms of online play.

I haven't really checked up on GOW3 and what there doing or if there going to fix any of the issues with the first two games finally. And I don't even own a X Box 360 but GOW3 is probably the only game on it that would make me save all my pennies and think of getting a new X Box, other then Gears I cant think of any game worth getting a X Box over the PS3.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
One that surprises me:
Bioshock 2 multiplayer, I quit playing like 6 months ago or more and came back to it to find it still has a good online following, unlike the one I thought would really last "AVP" can't get a single game on there.

Infact playing Bioshock 2 multiplayer pushed me to replay Bioshock form start to finish only this time saving all the little girls rather than harvesting them all.

Now i'm not saying it's one of the greats but it is fun when you get bored of Black-ops.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Wait best MP Shooter or best MP ever? Because the best MP ever was Ultima Online, the first modern MMO. It was the first time I ever played until the sun rose and I thought only a couple hours had passed. The Diablo series was amazing also.

For shooters Gears is good but if we are talking the best EVER I would go with Counterstrike. I played it almost daily for 4 years and although I don't still play it there are tens of thousands of players daily. The first Medal of Honor was pretty damn awesome, and so was Halo 2.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
YEah CSS is the greatest ever IMO, the only reason I don't play anymore is because my PC won't support it or steam.

But yeah, playing all night long, and when I found surfing OMG how awesome was that, especially the map/s with secret switches to get out of the kill room at the bottom, (Know which one I mean?)

I played GTAIV for 2 years online, that was awesome, Auto aim off deathmatches were great fun, just the sheer amount of chaos that could happen and I'd be like WTF i've been playing for a year and that has never happened before. And when your owning it's just so satisfying because it was hard to be good. (Unless your cheating ass had turbo button, but I could still take you down with headshot after headshot without it).
edit on 22-5-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
blah blah blah blah blah

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I still have to say, Halo 3 is by far the best multiplayer I have ever experienced. People who don't like it tend to be bad at it.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Best Multiplayer experience? Try playing Battlefield, In of them, In true 5.1 surround sound!
Espcially Battlefield 1943! I play It In Bluray 5.1 and on a 42 Inch Plasma It feel's like you are In the Battlefield litrally when you jack up the volume a Bit!

Tank fire Is immense espcially when It's you fireing the Tank!
Planes wizzing past are scary when they are not your ally lol!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WillNiendick

I still have to say, Halo 3 is by far the best multiplayer I have ever experienced. People who don't like it tend to be bad at it.

True!

I was a 50 In Halo 3, only like 1 or 2 of my real friends were 50's too, the rest didn't like It and still don't, It really annoy's me when they just say "It's #", In other words, they are #, but just blame the game lol.

Halo Is 1 of those game's where It actually takes skill, U can have been shot 2 or 3 times and still kill the person if u know how to play.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join