It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Enlightened Ego - Solving the Problems of Awakening pt.1

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
LifeisEnergy.... per your edit, he probably wouldn't take too kindly to me giving him such a gift.

It would probably confuse the # out of him and he would ask me about it and say uhhh and duhhh several times and then say something ghetto in all seriousness and add a couple of "whatevahs" into it just to make sure i didn't take him for some kind of fool and then he would never read it, use it as a drink coaster and give me crooked eyebrow looks until I find another job meanwhile telling his friends that i like him or something and am giving him gifts because I care and I want to get to know him.

I think I will pass but thanks.

I'm just going to sit here and practice invisibility instead.
I think I will have better luck with that.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

If I may chaos...add to this a bit

Its not really about wishywashy love. Its about understanding all people are on their own path and all their choices, will have their own things to teach them. It is hard to deal with people that are on a prideful or greedy path in life and I know all about dealing with people that revolve their life around drugs.

They are choosing to live very much for things of flesh. It may seem that they very well know what they do...but in light of Spirit...they have no idea what they are doing. They are simply living in response to the flesh senses, and they have become 'stuck/addicted' to things of the flesh. This can make them seem heartless, selfish, hateful, ect.

We have to give space to everyone, to learn things in their own pace, through their own cause and effects they create.

Who is to say that years from now, one of those people that you work with, will not be in a time of reflection of their past and if they did the right things or not. And who is to say...that you, might not come to their mind, as they compare their own choices in life to that of another life.

Just as you are using them to compare what is 'right and wrong' in life....they might also use you later in life...to compare their own rights and wrongs.

Its hard to not respond to others people dramatic energy that is expressed to us. Sometimes these situations can be a test, to our own self, of controlling our feelings, allowing others their space, staying true to our own nature, ect.

The 'love' part that comes in is the understanding that what ever choices people make, there is a deeper cause in them that allows them to make those choices. When people fill their life with temporary joy of things of flesh....there is likely much deeper and very serious issues with these people and if we could see those issues in them, we would likely feel sorry for them. It may be they have no inner peace, it may be that they no not that they do alot of the things they do because there is a void in them and they feel very uncontent with their self.

Alot of people, create a life, that involves their being feeling 'gratified' as a being, through other people. Like getting a girl, like doing drugs with others, like having people 'like' you, all of these create a dramatic energy in their life. Though it be a negative energy....its still energy. If someone is not satisfied with themselves...they will create a way to gain that energy they are in need of....be it negative or positive.

In the end, its likely these workers are not really happy with themselves so they fill this void of themselves with things like what you have described....for it makes them feel like they 'are something'. They likely are people that when alone, have trouble passing time, always feeling like they need 'others' to gratify their very existence.

Try to just stay true to yourself, in such situations. Know, these workers...have much deeper issues, that cause them to be this way. Likely issues that are very hard to face. Maybe, its no mistake, that you are there as a worker. I would just try looking at it as knowing there are some very serious issues going on within these people, which causes them to make the choices they are making.

I wish you well....and above all, I wish your workers well and hope they find peace in themselves at some point in this life.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

That is very true that it is taken from eastern philosophy. I wonder if eastern philosophy, at its roots, had a scientific approach? From what I know, which could be really wrong, it is based on introspection. West side does not value introspection very highly and most use methodical scientific means to arrive at conclusions.

I also wonder what are the depression/psychological disorder rates among active practitioners of eastern philosophy, could it be significantly lower because of these beliefs? The one problem I see in measuring this is that culture and lifestyle could play a value too.

Indeed, the application of eastern philosophy is actually becoming more and more popular out west and I do believe that my prof actually endorsed having a degree in psychology and eastern philosophy/practices (or it could be my erroneous memory).

I wish I could read more posts but I have a lot of school work to do! However I noticed a mention of not just eastern religions but also Christianity (well it is an eastern religion too but you know what I mean). Doesn't Christianity teach almost all the same things (but differently) as these other religions? I believe that Christianity is highly misperceived among the western audience which could be a possible cause of these problems? I find this doomsday business rather silly.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I've been lurking ATS for a year now and never thought I'd care to join - I've enjoyed my anonymity! This post, however, is something that my friends and I talk of often, usually over several beers and late into the night. The first thing that this post made me think of was Joseph Campbell's idea of the Shadow - that hidden part of ourselves that we can never know, yet it has just as much influence on our daily lives as our waking consciousness. We have been confounded over what this means, but perhaps the ego is this shadow! The flipping of perspective this post has given me should offer fodder for much more conversation in this tack!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

If I may chaos...add to this a bit

Its not really about wishywashy love. Its about understanding all people are on their own path and all their choices, will have their own things to teach them. It is hard to deal with people that are on a prideful or greedy path in life and I know all about dealing with people that revolve their life around drugs.

They are choosing to live very much for things of flesh. It may seem that they very well know what they do...but in light of Spirit...they have no idea what they are doing. They are simply living in response to the flesh senses, and they have become 'stuck/addicted' to things of the flesh. This can make them seem heartless, selfish, hateful, ect.

We have to give space to everyone, to learn things in their own pace, through their own cause and effects they create.

Who is to say that years from now, one of those people that you work with, will not be in a time of reflection of their past and if they did the right things or not. And who is to say...that you, might not come to their mind, as they compare their own choices in life to that of another life.

Just as you are using them to compare what is 'right and wrong' in life....they might also use you later in life...to compare their own rights and wrongs.

Its hard to not respond to others people dramatic energy that is expressed to us. Sometimes these situations can be a test, to our own self, of controlling our feelings, allowing others their space, staying true to our own nature, ect.

The 'love' part that comes in is the understanding that what ever choices people make, there is a deeper cause in them that allows them to make those choices. When people fill their life with temporary joy of things of flesh....there is likely much deeper and very serious issues with these people and if we could see those issues in them, we would likely feel sorry for them. It may be they have no inner peace, it may be that they no not that they do alot of the things they do because there is a void in them and they feel very uncontent with their self.

Alot of people, create a life, that involves their being feeling 'gratified' as a being, through other people. Like getting a girl, like doing drugs with others, like having people 'like' you, all of these create a dramatic energy in their life. Though it be a negative energy....its still energy. If someone is not satisfied with themselves...they will create a way to gain that energy they are in need of....be it negative or positive.

In the end, its likely these workers are not really happy with themselves so they fill this void of themselves with things like what you have described....for it makes them feel like they 'are something'. They likely are people that when alone, have trouble passing time, always feeling like they need 'others' to gratify their very existence.

Try to just stay true to yourself, in such situations. Know, these workers...have much deeper issues, that cause them to be this way. Likely issues that are very hard to face. Maybe, its no mistake, that you are there as a worker. I would just try looking at it as knowing there are some very serious issues going on within these people, which causes them to make the choices they are making.

I wish you well....and above all, I wish your workers well and hope they find peace in themselves at some point in this life.

It's all about context. the context will show you that i never said it was about wishy washy love. I was making my whole point for those who think it IS about wishy washy love to look at it from a functional perspective on how you treat others and generate negativity or positivity.

You are preaching to the choir when you say that it is about being aware and considerate of the path of others. This is why I mention them because they DON'T value me, or my path or have respect for me as a person in general. It has NOTHING to do with me judging how they fill their shallow lives with more emptiness. I know a thing or two about that because I have done it myself, but what I DON'T do and what you have left out of the equation is purposefully inflict pain on others and this is what they do to me. They give me hardship and try to show me how unappreciated I am by them. that directly effects me. You understand this, right? That is their actions DIRECTLY engaging with my life and my well being. I don't care what path they are on, it doesn't give them the right to do what they do.

I am not condemning them, your post sounds like you think I am sitting here scolding them or dragging them to the judgement alter just by revealing my feelings on how these others are treating me and that is a passive silencing act. You tell me to try to put myself in their shoes even though i have made it very clear that i understand the concept of compassion and consideration. I'm not claiming to be an expert in that but I have tried to give them space and leeway to acclimatize to their situation, which is only benefited by my presence at work or I would already be gone from there. The fact is, I have so many more chores that I practically have to speed dance all the way through my work day non-stop like I'm racing to put out a fire. Other than what i HAVE to say at work, I don't say because I simply don't have time to stop and say it except on my one break which is spent in better company than this group. They bring the drama to ME because it is their weapon, their tool of mischief. Different path or whatever you want to call it, it becomes totally different when they start effecting my life.... and i am already seeking new employment and being disappointed in that search when I thought I had a good thing going that I did well... and who is the cause of that? They are.

Here is the thing that makes this seem like you are talking to the wrong person and not understanding that i know all that you have typed.

It they who cannot feel ME.
it is they who cannot have compassion for ME.
it is they who cannot put themselves in my shoes and have empathy for ME.
it is they who do not appreciate all that i do for wages that barely pay my bills... and it isn't a hard job, just a nasty one but I still do it to the best of my ability despite all the crap they lay on me regardless of how much it doesn't pay.

THEY are the ones who need to hear your message.
THEY are the ones who need to let me be on my own path and respect my individuality despite their hate and if they did, they would see what there is to appreciate by how much I do to make the work go smoothly...which benefits them... but instead they think it is better to back one in a corner and make them work harder and harder because if you give some people an inch, they will take a mile and never see their asset until it's gone.

If they could practice love for others outside themselves who are not in their family or part of their party gang or someone who they suck up to get benefits from and show false love to... if they could have compassion in their hearts they would not be giving me a hard time at all, would they?

They have no reason to.

I appreciate the sentiment of accepting those outside your circle, but I don't understand why you can't see that i completely get it. I don't know why you are redefining this concept to me when it is all i wanted from them.... from anyone. Common respect. Simple fellow human courtesy. Letting others get along on their way.

I know all too well how far a little bit of that could go in this world.

I have not told ANYONE how they should live their lives but if anyone should say that I have no place to speak of how others effect my life, that is NEVER going to be a practice I uphold.

I may have to tolerate it for now in order to get my rent paid but no one should tell me that I should tolerate it in silence and if others misunderstand my point and think that I meant something that I was directly speaking out AGAINST...well, that is just a bump in the road that I have to keep driving over... because I know it's not the case at all.
edit on 21-5-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaSynthesis
Before Enlightenment, Chop wood, Carry water.
After Enlightenment, Chop Wood, Carry water.

Be at peace with yourself and it will shine within others, there is no universal enlightenment.

Well said. The process never ends from galaxy to galaxy. Assertion is forever. Eventually, though, we do see face to face with God when we exit this reflection in a mirror. The journey continues.

1 Corinthians 13

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

edit on 21-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsMyName

Yea, you make some good points about scientific measurements. Although, someone from the east, maybe a Hindu or a Buddhist, might say their form of study of the mind is just as scientific also, or more-so. In fact the Ancient Hindu culture is where much of the fundamental advancements in science and higher mathmatics such as Pythagorean's theorem and trigonometry comes from, which the Greeks later studied and expanded on, taking credit for it I might add.

It kind of seems funny to me that when we talk about the science of the mind, we tend to look at introspection as unscientific, as if the study of someone else's mind is more scientific some how. But it seems to me it would be much more difficult to come to conclusions of how the mind works, especially something as elusive and immaterial as consciousness, by subjectively studying someone else's mind rather than our own. I don't know, I am a little bit biased on this subject I must admit. And being that I became so frustrated with the arrogance of many of these western scientists who refused to acknowledge other possibilities of how the mind works than their own "evidenced based" empiricism ideas, that I took last semester of school off to study these things myself, I probably am not the best source to make an accurate comparison between the two. So get back to studying, and don't be like me, listen to what they tell you! But of course I must add, don't just take their word for it. They might be wrong!

Peace and good luck.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Im sorry if I misunderstood something. The energy that comes from your posts is that you are having a hard time dealing with being around the people you work with. I was only trying to help you deal with that.

My message is not for them...for they are not ready for such ideas.

There are selfish people that live for themselves and dont consider others. And we, need to learn how to deal with that and not let it bring us down or cause our own energy to become negative.

We cant control how others act...but we can control, our reactions and responsiveness, to them.

It did sound as if you were going on and on about how awful they treat you and how that was causing negative feelings for you. Its easy to go on and on about others wrongs. In a way though, its our own ego, that feels the need to point out what is not right, about others.

Please, no one here is trying to not understand you or trying to preach to you. If people are misunderstanding...then please forgive for the intents are from the heart.

As I read your posts and how these co workers live their life and how its affecting you....for some reason, I felt more sorry for the co workers...for they are very lost in the things they are living for and I hope they find inner peace so they can be content with their selves.

My best to you!
LV

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Excellent thread Life!

I thinks its a constant journey, of observing ourselves and re-observing ourselves.

I think something that can be noted here is how many think that all the things they are understanding is through intuition...when sometimes, our own desires and fears, can make something look as its intuition when really we cant see past the fact that we accepted something as truth not due to our intuition tells us its truth but because we already had a preconceived desire that it was.

My issue with the ego came through my observing experiences that I was having. Experiences filled me as a being, made me feel as if I was gaining some greater understanding. When really, it was a 'working' in my own mind, of understanding things. My unconsciousness and conscious mind was trying to 'figure things out'. The things I saw in my experience were no more real then a dream...and it was hard for me to understand that.

To understand the experiences, I had to observe and be honest, about my own desires, fears, and preconceived ideas. Then I could see a deeper message that was going on between my unconscious self and conscious self.

I dont think ego is a 'bad thing' for it is the part of us that 'thinks it knows'. But we can work on the ego becoming more healthy.

Love LV

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Im sorry if I misunderstood something. The energy that comes from your posts is that you are having a hard time dealing with being around the people you work with. I was only trying to help you deal with that.

My message is not for them...for they are not ready for such ideas.

There are selfish people that live for themselves and dont consider others. And we, need to learn how to deal with that and not let it bring us down or cause our own energy to become negative.

We cant control how others act...but we can control, our reactions and responsiveness, to them.

It did sound as if you were going on and on about how awful they treat you and how that was causing negative feelings for you. Its easy to go on and on about others wrongs. In a way though, its our own ego, that feels the need to point out what is not right, about others.

Please, no one here is trying to not understand you or trying to preach to you. If people are misunderstanding...then please forgive for the intents are from the heart.

As I read your posts and how these co workers live their life and how its affecting you....for some reason, I felt more sorry for the co workers...for they are very lost in the things they are living for and I hope they find inner peace so they can be content with their selves.

My best to you!
LV

I never even wanted to go on about the things they do to begin but found myself having to explain it repeatedly so that others would consider that I might have a valid point in the main point i was trying to make, which was a completely different point altogether. That's kind of frustrating.

I understand that coping can go a long way and if you say that is your intention, so be it.

I do want to say in my defense that I think I have practically mastered my reactions to their digs for responses out of me. I have whittled all down to where if they make an offensive move in my direction, I practically have to do nothing because it will be so obvious. how much more can they pile on me? not much. the second part of our chores is cleaning cubicals. The two other girls have 88 between them while I have 139 to myself. I was shocked when he gave me 115 and i still had more than both of them combined but when he added more because he found that I could easily do it without complaint, I was stunned. What did I do? I got faster, that is what I did. the stiffness i get in my shoulder keeps up. I do all sorts of things to try to take my mind off all the things he has said to me and tried to pull. I tolerate things being said that I am meant to overhear.... all in silence. When he tried to not pay me for a week i was accused of going and "crying to my mamma"

..and to think that I am not trying hard enough. To think that i am not centering myself enough in patience and strong principle.

Let's see if we can twist that knife in my back, shall we?

You have to allow yourself to consider that someone has feelings... valid feelings with valid things to back it... else your own ego is making a decision before you even have a chance to... or anyone else has a chance to be heard for that matter.

Do you realize how maddening it is?

To have someone treat me this way and say these things to me is so far beyond my natural extincts that NO ONE is going to tell me that I do not have IMMENSE control and that i don't not practice patience, peace and attempt to understand people who probably do not deserve it because I promise you, the feelings that I have had to swab my mind clean of about that man.... *I* am the one who unthinks them.

what sickens me even more is that if i was stronger than him, he wouldn't be doing this... because I would find a gym, invite him to it, challenge him to a fighting match and kick the #ing # out him so bad i would probably still go to jail even if he agreed to it and signed a disclaimer to not press charges thinking he is a bad ass.

I don't have that option.

I'm serious... no one is going to tell me I need to critique my negativity because I will flat out admit I have some nasty rage inside of me.... and it's not about lacking discipline or control, it's not about not trying hard enough, it's not about not being able to cope because i have had my share of coping with walking talking turds.

It's about who I am. It's about what I stand for and what I stand against and that isn't going to change to flow along better with society.

He should not have his position- he does.
They should not have given him that contract- they did.
They should retract it because of all the crap he has done and not just my personal qualms- they don't.

Why, he shows up every day. rain, shine, sick... it doesn't matter. He jacks it up and drags his ass in and how he treats his people doesn't effect anyone elses world so it's blind eye after blind eye.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or say anyone is wrong in their opinion but I can't be hearing all this "it's what you make of it....it must be something you could do better".... i can't be hearing that. it's like poison to me. it's salt in the wound and that is they type of thing... if I were REALLY on edge. I mean if I were REALLY REALLY on edge, cause I have been there... to hear those kind of things would make... me... go... crazy.

it just hurts too much.

I can't bleed enough for mother #ing assholes and this isn't even the real world.

This is a script half of the time that somebody drummed up.

If this were the real world, I would have been dead long ago... maybe in a lot of ways I already am and just haven't realized it. It's unreal.

People emit hate like poison quills and they just keep at it and keep at it.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I am a nice, polite, hardworking 95 pound female who people want things liberally from without threat or fear...and they step all over my path like it's a freaking dance party.

I could have been anybody. I could have been their worst nightmare in the flesh. My mere presences could have demanded respect rather than curiosity and a need to dominate. Those things could be living inside of me.

I know a thing or two about hate. I know I fight with my own hate and win.

I win because I care about principle... and life doesn't make principles of love and compassion easy.
Everything I love just seems to die and still I hold on. I hold on however I can without hurting anyone and I don't do it for approval. I do it because sometimes hope in love is all you have.
edit on 21-5-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I can relate to many of your situations in many ways and i have been through this same process of awakening. I guess we just gotta understand that the more wisdom we acquire and the more our higher selfs become awakened there is more responsibilities placed upon our selfs. You have to understand my brother that there is a difference between judging other individuals based on their "asleep" state of mind and being aware of surrounding situations that coincide with our level of realization. Those that are being enlightened like you and me and many others take the common point of view of life and DONT apply it to their daily life, making everything and everyone that surrounds us a subject of disagreement. I myself experience situations similar to those of yours where i hear people converse about money, materialistic possessions, power, and their success in life and it brings me this intense feeling that forces me to place myself in a "superior" position because of my level of consciousness, and this of course feeds the ego. But i have learned to differentiate between feeding the ego and being aware of the level of conscience of other people, there is absolutely nothing wrong with noticing how other peoples true self is being eaten up by their social ego but thats when we can make a difference. Instead of convincing my self of being superior in sense of awareness ive decided to try and spread this awareness on to others and express my feelings and opinions so i could try to make a difference in them instead of feeling superior.

much love and light to you all-
Kin Kai

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Nice post. starred and flagged.

after reading your post, I thought of this song. I'm sure your familiar with Carl Jungs work from the way your post was written? If not, check out his stuff. Amazing mind.

Song is agout, the ego, and the "shadow". Hopefully you can enjoy it's message and get something from it. Or just enjoy the music, either or.

edit on 21-5-2011 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
A very good post. thank you.
you sound like some of the Theravada Buddhism teachings.

you can find all the free info books videos here.
Web sit Link

this from Link
"A Buddha is someone who is fully enlightened.
A person who is fully enlightened, but not the
Buddha of our time, is called an Arahant in Pali.
Such a person has eradicated all ten hindrances to enlightenment:

1. The belief in a permanent personality, ego
2. Doubt, extreme skepticism
3. Attachment to rites, rituals, and ceremonies
4. Attachment to sense desires
5. Ill-will, anger
6. Craving for existence in the Form world (heavenly realms)
7. Craving for existence in the Formless world (heavenly realms)
8. Conceit
9. Restlessness
10. Ignorance "

I use a lot of Theravada Buddhism.
but I am no monk and it is only a part to help me.
but I would recommend it as a way of life.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here is a good explanation of the 46 - 2 extra chromosome idea. LINK

Originally posted by Nola213
Nice post. starred and flagged.

after reading your post, I thought of this song. I'm sure your familiar with Carl Jungs work from the way your post was written? If not, check out his stuff. Amazing mind.

Song is agout, the ego, and the "shadow". Hopefully you can enjoy it's message and get something from it. Or just enjoy the music, either or.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

First, thank you for sharing what you did. What you wrote could have come straight out of the latest chapter of my life (less a few details). It takes courage to write what you did - along with the endurance to see your desire to write all the way through. I was introduced to Eckhart Tolle a few years ago and much of what you wrote about is covered in his book, A New Earth. After reading it the first time, I was confused and my ego seemed to want to fight against the information. The second time made more sense but it also led me down a path of severe depression and suicidal fantasies. My escape was hiking the Appalachian Trail for a month but upon return, the depression worsened. Mainly, I wanted to thank you for showing me that despite what I may feel at times, I am not alone in how I see things. I have never posted on this site before but have been lurking for several months.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Oh wow, you have a wonderful understanding of the mind/ego my friend. ^^ This Truth had a big impact on my vibrations, truly these are words spoken from the heart. Not to feed your ego tho, lol.

I have seen few people that desire to do so in depth in their understanding, this isn't the only place you have posted this right? I know of a couple communities that would drool all over that post if you were so gracious to share.

I do have a question though, with the ego, is it the only thing that causes frustration or anger? And I mean anger/frustration in a broad sense, like the frustration from trying to learn to play a video game, or the subsequent anger from failing it. If one does not have an ego, can these emotion still be felt? Surely this is not the case, as we would be stagnant and strive for nothing, if nothing is felt. But that is only my assumption. I know that judgements cease, but in the same way, I believe one can feel the full spectrum of emotions without letting them poison themselves.

In Love and Light

-Teddy

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
In reply to the first section, Superiority, I agree that it is a mental trap to feel superior to other 'regular' people when starting to dabble in meditation, seeking enlightenment, etc. For one thing, most people (in my environment at least) don't even seem concerned with trying to be enlightened. The thought literally hasn't occurred to most of them to begin with. What a shame! To those who are seeking out some sort of higher spiritual purpose in our life aside from the usual family, friends, job, etc. (those things are fine too), we just can't understand why people wouldn't also seek enlightenment (or some degree of it, if that's such a thing) and it's contemptible. I actually kind of stand by this opinion myself as I think about it right now. But again, it is an ironic pitfall because it wouldn't be good to have it inflate my ego and negate what awakening is all about in the first place (getting past duality, ego, etc.)

In regards to what you were talking about doing the non profit work and such, I totally sympathized with what you said about the egos in those environments. I don't have tons of time logged in but I did help a little with my mom when I was younger. Just helping with painting, etc. at schools in lower class areas, etc. Overall it certainly wasn't a bad experience or anything, and it was nice to meet people and just be exposed to a different environment than mine which was a little nicer. However, I did get a nagging feeling about the whole thing that matched what you talked about regarding people's inflated egos over all of their so called altruistic acts.
(I think I may have read something once about how it is actually extremely difficult to do something in a purely absolute self less manner ie. without regard and concern for how it will benefit you.)
I personally see this type of thing as more black and white. I don't think it's having to do with my ego thinking this way about those people, I simply think it's a simple as that they in fact are a bit full of themselves for doing what incorrectly are calling selfless acts of charity, etc. I think politicians are very much like this...more than a bit full of themselves actually.
Just some thoughts. It's not easy to talk about these topics of ego and enlightenment I think because enlightenment is a realm before thought, words, etc...or so I've been told.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The problem with your thread is this....

There is no trying to be awakened. There is no path to being.

This is a bunch of bologne. Stop peddling nonsense.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

thanks for the link. But the post is pretty much a Word for Word "Verbatim" of the writings in the video I posted.

I suppose the poster in that link has seen this you tube video, or was the author of it himself...I suppose.

but yea thanks again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join