It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save The Children!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Save the Children!

Isn't this the ultimate goal to survival?
Forget about what you are going to do for yourself, albeit it is important,
but what of the future after SHTF.
Who is going to take care of you when you are no longer able too.

The survival of the human species relies ultimately on the survival of
our children.
That is and has always been our sole purpose in life,as in every species of life that
has ever existed here on earth.
The education of our youth is the key to our survival.

After the SHTF,and things stabilize ,it is the up most
importance to set up some sort of structured education process to
continue the existence of our species.

Have you thought of this and how would you go about it?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

First of all, teach them all the survival skills you know. Then others teach the the skills they know. (There is not tv or cell phones or video games of course as distractions) so you talk to them all the time of things you remember about history, teach them the foreign languages you know (just in case) and Math.
After things stabilize you have school books and library books that have can now be found in empty homes or located in institutions and educated people to teach formal classes.

Technology may or not be a good thing to re-teach. Maybe we're better off with grade school and high school education. I guess that is another question... I personally believe society would be better off living pre-1900's
You know... "Little House on the Prairie" style.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
My wife is,use to be a teacher of special ed,so we have a ton of books.
She always wanted to start her own school without government intervention.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I teach the younguns’ pretty much how my Dad taught me when I was young. Fishing, hunting, how to make shelter (I called it a fort!). I helped my Grandpa and Grandma around their farm on the weekends and summer. Tending the garden, milking, beheading chickens for dinner, etc.

When I went to the SERE course, the instructors were sufficiently impressed to give me the “Special Instruction”. Guess I shouldn’t have been bragging by showing my skills. But I did learn a few more tricks. Good times, ouch!, good times.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Teach yourself to drop teaching them.

Let the past totally die to the past and prepare for something much more advanced than the basics of what did not work and be open to a new beginning, that is if you find yourself alive after the global meltdown.

Start with empathy, love, compassion, laughter, joy, bliss, respect for everything.

Depending upon what is left after the fall, get books from Universities and go straight to the higher education so as to rebuild with the best we have.

Look for technologies which were hidden from the public, stuff that has been shelved and kept humanity in the past and from advancing to a brighter future.

Figure out how to fly, to get around faster and without restraint.

Meditate, be alive in meditation, not the old Ohm type mantras, but really dynamic , cathartic until nothing is left but silence.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Start with empathy, love, compassion, laughter, joy, bliss, respect for everything.

Well,thats the first and foremost ingredient to raising a child.

Teach yourself to drop teaching them.

What?Don't teach them?Um,let them fend for themselves?

Look for technologies which were hidden from the public, stuff that has been shelved and kept humanity in the past and from advancing to a brighter future.

If we can't get that tech now,how would I get it when there is nothing left.

Figure out how to fly, to get around faster and without restraint.

So,I make some wings?

Meditate, be alive in meditation, not the old Ohm type mantras, but really dynamic , cathartic until nothing is left but silence.

Now,I do agree with that,to some degree

I don't intend to re-educate on the basis of our screwed up educational process now,but on fundamentals.
Basic survival skills,basic society skills,math,science related to what is being observed in the world around us.
An education of of being at one with our natural surroundings,not of man made concepts on the way the world should be.
An education that takes us back to the way we were before we screwed things up.
And hopefully not to repeat our mistakes.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If it comes down to it, I am only looking out for my kids. Screw everyone else. My kids are the only ones I am going to worry about.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
teach them to read then give them a good book and let them fend for them selves teach them thing that arnt in there and that will do
but seriously you do need to teach them every thing

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Save the Children!

Isn't this the ultimate goal to survival?
Forget about what you are going to do for yourself, albeit it is important,
but what of the future after SHTF.
Who is going to take care of you when you are no longer able too.

The survival of the human species relies ultimately on the survival of
our children.
That is and has always been our sole purpose in life,as in every species of life that
has ever existed here on earth.
The education of our youth is the key to our survival.

After the SHTF,and things stabilize ,it is the up most
importance to set up some sort of structured education process to
continue the existence of our species.

Have you thought of this and how would you go about it?

I notice that preshtf, alot of kids where I live are little criminals, most do drugs, and they do about twenty other wrong things, so I'm not bringing them, I will brign the genetically capable, the ones I know WILL raise the children to be better than what we have now! Plus, alot of the people I bringing with me, myself included are teenager/young adults.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the children will have to rely on the parents survival skills.

We can always replace the ones that don't make it.

Yes, that is inhuman.

Yes, that is callous.

Unfortunately it is also true.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

The academic processes to dumb down the kids have been proven. In math for instance instead of continuing to narrow their ability to comprehend, go the opposite and help them expand their understanding .

Not sure we are on the same page as far as what the end will look like for the new man who manages to survive the cataclysmic events of the future.

And one more thing it will be a new paradigm for those who may survive, that said an entirely new set of physics will come into play.

top topics

join