It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuation In Progress As The Telica Volcano Erupts (With Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

The Telica volcano, in western Nicaragua, is spewing a huge cloud of gas and ash reaching almost one mile into the air this week. Nicaraguan authorities have evacuated hundreds of people from the foothills of a volcano because of heightened seismic activity. The Nicaraguan Institute of Territorial Studies says 600 workers have been moved from a factory near the Telica volcano in western Nicaragua. Women and children who live nearby have also been evacuated.

The high peak, which is one the country’s most active volcanos, also triggered a series of small earthquakes last week. Since May 9, the seismological institute has recorded 59 seismic shocks in the area. Institute official Angelica Munoz said Thursday that tremors of up to 3.3-magnitude have shaken the 3,480-foot (1,061- meter) volcano. It has been spewing gas, ash, vapor and water since April.

With volcanic ash falling on agricultural fields and nearby houses, authorities say they’re considering evacuating over 3,000 families.

Source

I hope they can get out of there in time. We don't need another disaster in the world.

It seems we are having lots of activity at volcanoes this year.

Volcanos Activity
edit on 20-5-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
another volcano
its a shame u have to go on conspiracy websites
to get credible information mainstream purposely dont broadcast
the sad reality of this day and age
the truth is crazy but the lies carry on

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Another video (local news in spanish)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I see Jesus looking left in the smoke.

Or maybe its Jerry Garcia. Can't tell for sure.
edit on 20-5-2011 by lakesidepark because: could be Elvis with long hair and a beard...I know he hasn't seen his barber in a while.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EDL2011
another volcano
its a shame u have to go on conspiracy websites
to get credible information mainstream purposely dont broadcast
the sad reality of this day and age
the truth is crazy but the lies carry on

The MSM is a tool. People inpower want's you live in fear, but a fabricated fear. Not so far from now, the only credible information you get will be from "normal" people, like you and me. Thats why internet is a real menace to then.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lakesidepark

edit on 20-5-2011 by lakesidepark because: could be Elvis with long hair and a beard...I know he hasn't seen his barber in a while.

Are you waiting for the rapture?

Im pretty sure you are just kidding me

You just has experienced what the science call pareidolia.

Link
edit on 20-5-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
heh, I actually could see a profile of a face looking left, but of course I was just kidding about the rest. Jesus is in the heavens, Jerry Garcia is dead (of course he was a DEAD way before he died), and Elvis is on some island eating a cheeseburger.

I forgot you have to say that here or some will jump in and start adding their pictures of burnt toast with faces on it, saying it looks like Bhudda or something like that.

I can't be waiting for the rapture, I'm too evil.

Hopefully there are some good people in the neighborhood so I can find a new house tomorrow. I really like the brick house across the street.

(woops, once again just kidding).

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EDL2011

Eh, that may be the case, but that only enforces the idea that we must share this knowledge with the public as much as possible. We don't have to rely on the MSM, especially if enough people educate themselves, or are educated. My family is well aware of all the events happening around the world. My parents don't even watch TV anymore from becoming privy to all their lies. If one does not like a situation, simply change the situation, or change your opinion of it.

Sure, its a sad day in age, that's why its our job to educate the masses.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lakesidepark

Me too. I was going to post that then saw what you wrote.
Funny. Usually its pazuzu or some demon face seen in these smokey clouds.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lakesidepark

your right ! I had a cigarette of jerrys once and saw god that day too!
hmm they should pay bands more money, like the grateful dead, poor buggers i saw them all sharing one cigarette.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by aussiespeeder

In the Nicaragua YouTube I see a profile in the cloud.....

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lakesidepark

Well, I cant see nothing.

new topics

top topics

join