It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fattest City' Evansville Officials Defend Community, Recommend Dieting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Let Them Eat Apples, Says Health Department Official

www.theepochtimes.c om

Metropolitan Evansville, Indiana was crowned fattest place in America after a recent Gallup poll. Comedian Stephen Colbert Tweeted, “Evansville Indiana is America's obesity capital. But not for long—the losing cities are drowning their sorrows in chili fries.”

Stephen Austin is mayor of Henderson, Ky, part of the surveyed area. “Some people say, any news is good news, but I don't think it is particularly good news in our area. It's not apparent, it's not evident when you walk down the street,“
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 20-5-2011 by kuai137 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Apparently, the "fattest" city in the US is located in Indiana. And the mayor and some officials have defended the label, saying that it is to apparent when one walks down the street. In the metropolitian Evansville-Kentucky area, more than 37 percent of people who were polled were considered obese and had a BMI of 30 or greater.

www.theepochtimes.c om
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
An apple a day is a good idea for all. If people could fill up on the recommended 5 - 10 servings of fruits and vegies a day, they would be healthier. I've heard apples will even lower bad cholesterol. The type of fibre in them helps pull it out.

It's too bad that the healthy food is more expensive. I often find now, that fruits and vegies are more expensive than meat

$2 for a pork steak, $3 for a cup of berries. :shk:

new topics

join