It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 21 Prediction - Does it Prove Bible Prophecy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
A number of threads have been opened on this forum, as well as several others that I frequent about this May 21 hubbabalo. One was quite simple in stating that the Bible does not dictate a day or an hour as to when the end will come. But does the prediction itself from a group of people, stating that the end will come tomorrow proof of Bible prophecy?

Also, what does the Bible predict the end to?

To those that have no regard for the Bible this thread will be pretty useless for it will use the Bible as its authority. For the inquiring mind who still has respect for God's word, a little reasoning from it about the matter.

Jesus gave us a composite sign letting us the discerning one know that the time of the end had arrived. Including in among the things that would take place during that time Jesus foretold the following:

(Luke 21:8-9) . . .He said: “Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them. 9 Furthermore, when YOU hear of wars and disorders, do not be terrified. For these things must occur first, but the end does not [occur] immediately.”

So one of the signs would be false Messiah's appearing claiming to be the returned Christ, these would mislead many. Also there will be false preachers stating "the due time has approached." In effect stating, the end is on such a such a date, etc.

This was foretold already by Jesus Christ, the false prediction of May 21, among many others that are being spread now, not the least that of December 2012 are indicators that we are in the last days. But this in and of itself is not enough to know we are in the end times. There would be many other things happening at the same time. Notice that Jesus said that when we see the false predictions of the end "these things must occur first, but the end does not occur immediately." So we will see these things happen before the end comes. So while it is an indicator of the times and seasons, we know that the end cannot come yet. Here are other things that would be happening during that time predicted in the Bible:

(Luke 21:10-11) . . .Then he went on to say to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; 11 and there will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another pestilences and food shortages; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs.

There would be wars in one nations after another, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be great earthquakes in one place after another, and pestilences and food shortages. As well as fearful sights from heavens. All of these together along with the appearance of false Messiahs, and false predictions indicate that we are indeed in the time of the end. That is happening now.

Notice that while Jesus predicted certain events that would all happen alongside each other on unprecedented scales never before seen, Paul predicted a mental state of affairs mankind in general would be in during these last days. Notice the type of people that would dominate the world scene during this time period:

(2 Timothy 3:1-5) But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

Yes, because of these being "critical times" they would definitely be hard to deal with. Notice that mankind would be lovers of themselves, disobedient to parents, unloyal, having no natural affection, they would be without self-control, fierce, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasure, having an appearance of godly devotion but only being hypocrites.

The two lists together, the list of events, and the list of the mental bent of mankind in general are being fulfilled as has never before been seen in world history. This is clear proof for the discerning eye that we are indeed in the "time of the end." Notice that the "time of the end" while short in comparison to human history can seem long to our eyes. It is not just a single day or literal hour. It is a specified time that these events would take place, and also during it one other striking prophecy MUST have fulfillment:

(Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

Lovers of the true God and the real followers of Jesus Christ would be engaged in an unprecedented preaching campaign of global proportions. This is happening now.

The time of the end will also have a definite conclusion. To be brief, the conclusion is termed by Jesus a time of "great tribulation." Before it happens a unique cry must be given worldwide of "peace and security." Once that has been given the "great tribulation" will be unleashed upon human society. The first part of it will see earthly governments turn upon and destroy Christendom, and then all of the rest of religions worldwide. After that the battle of Armageddon ensues in which Jesus will ride forth as God's executioner and he will destroy all wicked mankind, bringing and end to this earth's political and commercial elements that are left over after the destruction of Satan's religious structure he has set up to dominate and enslave mankind. Then Satan himself and his demon hordes will be abyssed for a thousand years.

The end does not mean the end of the literal earth. The Bible itself states:

(Psalm 104:5) . . .He has founded the earth upon its established places; It will not be made to totter to time indefinite, or forever.

Indeed God has promised that the earth itself will never be done away with. Rather the Bible clearly teaches that the end is in reference to wicked humankind. After all wicked mankind is done away with then God will establish a righteous government of peace over all the earth, the king of which is Jesus Christ:

(Psalm 37:10-11) And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more; And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be. 11 But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

(Daniel 2:44) “And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Calender

Yeah...a lot of the churches around here have stuff like "But of that day and hour no one knoweth: no, not the angels of heaven,..." on their signs.

It'll be something to behold if it happens.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I told my wife that if we go anywhere tomorrow that I will be the one doing the driving. I have no chance of being "raptured" away. She, however, has a chance, albeit a slim one.

I, for one, don't want to be enjoying a lazy, sun-soaked Saturday drive and end up careening head-on into traffic because all that's left in the driver's seat is a pile of empty clothes. Which brings to mind, how will we know if Obama is taken up in the rapture? His suit is already empty.

Personally, I don't believe any of this stuff.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

(3) Jesus said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

(18) The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us how our end will be." Jesus said, "Have you discovered, then, the beginning, that you look for the end? For where the beginning is, there will the end be. Blessed is he who will take his place in the beginning; he will know the end and will not experience death."

(24) His disciples said to him, "Show us the place where you are, since it is necessary for us to seek it." He said to them, "Whoever has ears, let him hear. There is light within a man of light, and he lights up the whole world. If he does not shine, he is darkness."

(51) His disciples said to him, "When will the repose of the dead come about, and when will the new world come?" He said to them, "What you look forward to has already come, but you do not recognize it."

(91) They said to him, "Tell us who you are so that we may believe in you." He said to them, "You read the face of the sky and of the earth, but you have not recognized the one who is before you, and you do not know how to read this moment."

(113) His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?" Jesus said, "It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be a matter of saying 'here it is' or 'there it is.' Rather, the kingdom of the father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it."

All signs point to the eternal now.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Dear Calender,

Good post. It is the end time for Satan's rule on earth. In Job it says that Satan walks the earth watching our behaviour and then accusing us before God day and night. Sort of like a petulent little tattle tale. We give him too much credit and too much amunition to use against us. Personally I do not expect a false rapture or false anti-christ to com yet, possible; but, I think it is too soon.

My take on this prediction is that it is being used to discredit those who will call out when the time is here. An attempt to muddy the waters for those who do not wish to see the obvious signs of the time that you have mentioned. I believe we are still in the birth pangs period and that we have not yet started the 7 year period; but, it will be soon enough, I believe it will happen within our lifetime. I also agree that it never said the earth would be destroyed completely.

People also misunderstand how many will die. A quarter of the earth will die (400-100=300), then another quarter (300-75=225), then another quarter (225-56=169) and a final quarter (169-42=127). It is a math problem, how do you lose a quarter, lose another quarter, lose another quarter and lose another quarter and still have people left? Simple each starts from a differant total in the end you keep slightly more than a quarter of the number that you began with otherwise who would there be to fight at Armageddon? In todays population that would be roughly 1.75 Billion people still here.

It is easy for people to be deceived when they do not seek the truth; but, look for answers that they want. The people following the man making the prediction about tomorrow believe they will be raptured and miss out on all the problems, they are afraid to be martyrs. People want to believe that the rapture preceeds the tribulation; but, that is not sensible if the believers become martyrs, you cannot martyr someone who has been taken up in the rapture. Or you are forced to believe that the martyrs are non-believers and that makes no sense.

They see the times that you describe and have fallen in love with the idea that it will miss them because they are believers. I don't see it that way. There is a website that supposedly will send letters to your loved ones after you have been raptured, it really annoys me. It is like saying, "hey I was right and got raptured, this proves Jesus so accept him and become a martyr because there is no second rapture".

My take on it. Be well.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Dear AdamsMurmur,

Your quotes are from the Book of Thomas which is not accepted as part of the gospel for many reasons. I think, if you are to quote it then it is fairest to state your source.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I hope it IS the end of humankind, forever.
This planet is the ONLY miracle that exists as far as we have been able to discover, the ONLY miracle. So, what do we do with this miracle? We destroy it, as fast as we can, what an awesome animal we are a?
This world deserves to be rid of us and we deserve to be extinct.
I only hope this all comes to pass, for the Earth's sake.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by manontrial

Dear manontrial,

It will not end and people matter, you matter, if you care then others do too and they matter. Kill the good to eliminate the bad, that would be wrong.

top topics

join