It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US next generation spy plane

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
www.spacewar.com...

so what about all secret spy planes from 'black list"???

maybe there is no any secret US plane like "aurora"???

[edit on 3-8-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well...check this out:

USAF's New "black" Bird - Faster, Stealthier UAV

And that new Lockheed spy plane will replace the aging (E)P-3 Orion fleet, and the RC-12 Guardrail

It will deffinately NOT replace the U-2/TR-1

[edit on 3-8-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
USAF�s New �Black� Bird - Faster, Stealthier UAV

here zionmainframe i fixed your link.

ahh you got it

[edit on 8/3/2004 by machinegunjordan]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Well...check this out:

USAF's New "black" Bird - Faster, Stealthier UAV

And that new Lockheed spy plane will replace the aging (E)P-3 Orion fleet, and the RC-12 Guardrail
[img]http://www.crows.org/Images/aircraft/Original%

It will deffinately NOT replace the U-2/TR-1

of course you are right
))I just have some work and in my free time I just looked at the site and I read some first sentences
))) My fault
)) Now I read till the end
)

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Ok first of all the site you provided gattaca is a 7 billion 20 year deal for Lockheed to develop a reconnaissance plane for the US army, not Air force. They will most likely developed a drone or UAV and not a super secret black project plane. If it was for the Air Force then I would be suspicious but its for the army.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Well...check this out:

And that new Lockheed spy plane will replace the aging (E)P-3 Orion fleet,

Beoing has won the contest for the Multi-mission Maritime Aircraft (MMA) - P-3 Orion replacement/upgrade - with a package based unpon a modified 737 which competed against a proposed upgrade of the P-3 made by Lockheed Martin.

Boeing wins $3.9bn P3 Orion replacement Contract

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The Aurora would be used in a different role then this aircraft. So to say this aircraft would replace the Aurora isn't really true.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The picture that is on the link page shows a UCAV design that was used to illustrate the MoD's FOAS proposal quite a while ago, in the MoD picture it showed this craft with RAF markings and dropping bombs. I wonder if its just an "artistic" picture or if they are part of the same design effort?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I looked at the page, and I get the feeling it is a Tactical (battle field) Reconnassance aircraft. If I'm right then the plane would support battle field ops. instead of replacing the Blackbird, which was used to gather Strategic Intelligence. It's a good find though, just not a Blackbird replacement.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
What is being designed is a common sensor craft. It is going to be based off the Embraer ERJ-145 platform which is built in South America. Pretty much it will be a aircraft packed with several different kinds of sensors and will be used by the US Navy and Army. In the Navy it will replace the EP-3 not the P-3. The 737MMA is replacing the P-3. In the Army it is replacing the RC-12.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
what can this craft do that the Predator can't do?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
UAVs cant do everything.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
UAVs cant do everything.

Yes the can.

Name one thing that you need a human in the cockpit for.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Yeah It would be better to devolve cheaper UAV�s that can do this type of thing instead of building a plane for it. UAV are cheaper easier to maintain and don't put humans at risk. You can also make UAVS for any specific job.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well right now computers are not powerful enough to examine thr data to its fullest. Humans can pick up on things a computers cant. Also if the military were to design a UAV for this specific job it would have to be a very large completely new design. They now are using commercial aircraft. It is actually cheaper then designing a new large complicated UAV. As for the safety, these types of aircraft are usually not in a position to get themselves in too much trouble.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

UAVs cant do everything.

Yes the can.

How about thinking "Oh, that tanks on our side not theirs" and deciding NOT to attack it.

Trust an American not to think of that one!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If allied tanks would stay out of our A-10's zones, they wouldn't get shot up. Don't blame us for your soldiers stupidity.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
We do need a major upgrade on our A-10 fleet. Most of the active and reserve units should get 'glass cockpits' like most of our front line aircraft.

If allied tanks would stay out of our A-10's zones, they wouldn't get shot up. Don't blame us for your soldiers stupidity.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Well right now computers are not powerful enough to examine thr data to its fullest. Humans can pick up on things a computers cant. Also if the military were to design a UAV for this specific job it would have to be a very large completely new design. They now are using commercial aircraft. It is actually cheaper then designing a new large complicated UAV. As for the safety, these types of aircraft are usually not in a position to get themselves in too much trouble.

Computers are powerful enough.
and secondly the human is just being put on the ground, i'm not talkin AI, he still does all the bomb droping activies.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos

Originally posted by Murcielago

UAVs cant do everything.

Yes the can.

How about thinking "Oh, that tanks on our side not theirs" and deciding NOT to attack it.

Trust an American not to think of that one!

Have you ever fought in a war? I doubt it because you seem to not notice that if you're in a hot spot and you even have a threat of being shot at you shoot first and ask questions later. Then these men's one second decisions get chewed apart by people like you who have forever to look and find what they did wrong.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join